St. Johnstone v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

Surprise us Neil. Freshen things up.

Turnbull needs time on the park as does Rogic, Griffiths, Soro.....and wee Dembele needs to know he has a future.

With 5 subs allowed we have enough talent available to us to positively change things at any time.

But please no Broonie and Ntcham in the same midfield...

I hope he freshens things up a little. I'd keep the defence the same as injuries will allow. I'd rest Broony (NOT drop) and start Turnbull. It's a pity Ajeti is out as this is the perfect parked bus type game. I'm hoping we can give Griff & Rogic and possibly Connell & Dembele a good run out as they need to get match fit.

What I want and what Neil thinks the team will be, will as always be 2 different things, so this will be Neil's selection ra morra.

Barkas

Duffy Ajer Julien

Frimps Broonie Turnbull Calmac Taylor.

Eddie n Elli.....

Me I would take Taylor out for Christie and Elli for Patryck.

Go with Neil's team 4 nil Celtic.

My team 2 nil Celtic 😂😂😂.

In Neil we Trust.

H.H

Don't doubt Lenny will make changes,but hope not too many we need to keep a strong winning team on the pitch,no game should be looked on as easy this season,the subs bench will just as important as the team,need to keep up he pressure on teams as the early game a win will add to this pressure, a good score will be a bonus HH

In 2 weeks time we are going to have to rely on squad rotation with the europa league draw we have been handed. So why not start putting this into practice tomorrow. We need to get game time into griff and Jules and sure lenny will be having the HUN game in mind also. So Jules in for EL ham. Turnbull in for Christie and griff in for moi, plus the 5 subs need to be used.
Celtic 3-0
HH

Time to secure another 3 points in our quest for 10. As for a team line up I'm not gonna bother trying lol. Give us your thoughts🤔
I too have given up trying to second guess the team. Well, maybe thats an exaggeration, I know who he is going to pick and its not what I want. I would like another step up from the good performance against Hibs, it wasn't brilliant as Lenny said, it was good. Hopefully tomorrow will be really good. 3.0 to us.

Surprise us Neil. Freshen things up.

Turnbull needs time on the park as does Rogic, Griffiths, Soro.....and wee Dembele needs to know he has a future.

With 5 subs allowed we have enough talent available to us to positively change things at any time.

But please no Broonie and Ntcham in the same midfield...
Agree don't play brown Ntcham in mcgregor in the same team itimbalances the team, can anyone remember a good game when the 3 of them started together i may be wrong but I cant

Agree don't play brown Ntcham in mcgregor in the same team itimbalances the team, can anyone remember a good game when the 3 of them started together i may be wrong but I cant
Exactly - it just never works right. 3 super talented players that just don't gel.

I believe to maximise Broony's impact this season we need to try to limit him to 1 game a week. I had thought that him slowing down a wee bit after the lockdown meant him dropping out of the European games, but having seen our draw yesterday I would be tempted to use his experience and defensive abilities in these games and play a higher energy more attack minded midfield in domestic games where so many teams are just parking the bus.

I too have given up trying to second guess the team. Well, maybe thats an exaggeration, I know who he is going to pick and its not what I want. I would like another step up from the good performance against Hibs, it wasn't brilliant as Lenny said, it was good. Hopefully tomorrow will be really good. 3.0 to us.
Do you think he does this to keep the oppersition guessing to how we will líne up as there is nothing wrong with that as he is still getting the results

Do you think he does this to keep the oppersition guessing to how we will líne up as there is nothing wrong with that as he is still getting the results
He certainly has us guessing and if I were the opposition, then I would be delighted he is not using the pool in a way the speeds up our movement. Winning is the key, but for fuck sake, do it in style if we can. The games so far have been shit to watch for the most part. I like to tape the games and watch later, a few times. So far, I have kept none of them on the planner. That to me sums up the problem. To me this is solely down to playing players who aren't on form. Some players who just arent up to the level we should be buying, and it seems a reluctance to drop established players. We have brought in two excellent midfielders and so far they have played a combined total of less than 90 minutes. Now, this would be understandable if we were flying, but so far, we are just taxi-ing alone the runway.
Barkas
Frimpong
Duffy
Julien
Luca
Turnbull
Calmc
Soro
Christie
Eddy
Griff

That for me would increase our speed of attack. It would increase our effectiveness on the left wing as Luca can pass a ball beautifully, is hard as nails and quick. Soro is not only good at the holding position, but can make a forward pass, can dribble. Turnbull is strong and technically excellent and I think he showed what he is all about against Hibs. It would also give the left out something to think about regarding their own form, and hopefully we get a reaction from them, giving us class players to introduce in games the allows us to maintaining the energy.

I, being a mug, still hope we will bring in a LB, even though I think Luca could fly there, but Lenny won't give him a chance I fear. I also think it is vital we get a right winger in as Forrest has been a man down and he needs competition for the jersey. So Paddy and a LB, or play Luca. My gut feeling is none of the will happen. It will be the well worn shite, we tried, but we just couldn't get it over the line. I hope I'm wrong, but no breath will be getting held.

Members online

Back