St Mirren v Celtic Fan Commentary Thread

Ajer cannot play in a back 3 too slow and clumsy on the ball. We need more dynanism from central midfield, too many talk a good game but offer nothing when needed to break down packed defences
Ajer scares me at times
Love the big guy but agree with you about him lacking pace
mulumbu in midfield next week & hopefully, he plays as good as he did against us last year
I'd give Christie a chance this season, a few games under his belt and he'll show BR that he is worth staying with

We were poor, sure Ntcham was an idiot and Dallas was shite. but, really we didn't create enough. We need to brush these hard working teams apart. Don't blame lack of buys, we have 33 in our first team squad.
We do have 33,the problem is we pick the same ones most of the time,were way to predictable,tbh apart from rangers games were boring and pondersome.hard to believe its the same coaches and mostly players from the first season.God knows where the speed,creativity and intent have gone,maybe too many players have gotten comfortable,it aint pretty thats for sure.

Do the player get a bonus if the complete 5 yard pass sideways?

The defence have no midfield to pass to so side back side back.

No proper movement in offence. Always pass to static man. Touch slow it down then back to defence.

Do they really think St Mirren are gonna come out of they keep passing sideways.

Our players appear to man mark when we got the ball.
But then look for space when they get the ball.

Very seldom any kind of direct dangerous crosses.
Lots of head down charge no looking drilled crosses.
But if thats pre planned where is the bloke trying to get onto the pre planned drill.

Look to me like they want St mirren to be the red sea and just part at the command of Moses.
Except Moses wasn't actually playing.

Dire performance going forward.

Im pretty sure Huns direct garbage would have won that game by a couple goals even with 10. This system way play is high risk defending at times but always low risk attacking and pass rather than shoot lads. I like the 3 yard pass sideways best. Bonus for all 3 yard side passes. Extra bonus is you stay in your own half while doing 3 yard sideways passes.

I know it was with 10 men. But the efficiency of our passes is woeful and the guy we have who ever consistently shoots is dangerous from every freeckick and can pass the ball from corners is hardly ever first choice.

Easy to moan after the fact. But that was gash.

I was thinking the exact same thing in relation to the Huns and their direct style. They would have beaten St. Mirren easily.

James hit the nail on the head, teams know how to play us and, worse still, they know they will get chances. If they take one then we'll find it even harder to score.

Whist I don't necessarily agree with his assumption about not winning the title, it is far from a foregone conclusion.

Boredom oozes from our bhoys at the minute. New faces, as I've stated, aren't a luxury they are a necessity.

Dare I say it, Paddy Roberts would have had a field day last night.

This is becoming as bad as watching a Deila team ... possibly the worst insult I can make about Brendan at the minute.

I was thinking the exact same thing in relation to the Huns and their direct style. They would have beaten St. Mirren easily.

James hit the nail on the head, teams know how to play us and, worse still, they know they will get chances. If they take one then we'll find it even harder to score.

Whist I don't necessarily agree with his assumption about not winning the title, it is far from a foregone conclusion.

Boredom oozes from our bhoys at the minute. New faces, as I've stated, aren't a luxury they are a necessity.

Dare I say it, Paddy Roberts would have had a field day last night.

This is becoming as bad as watching a Deila team ... possibly the worst insult I can make about Brendan at the minute.
Too often when it's a bit tough some midfielders go in to hiding and don't show for ball. McGregor in particular has games like that and even worse lets opposition run off him. He hid in Greece and was to blame entirely for being passive for AEK goal for example. Should have been hooked after an hour last night.

We should revert to 433 for the majority of domestic games. Two wingers either side of striker, one sitting midfielder, two attacking and two overlapping full backs. Press teams high up the pitch and when in possession get the ball wide. Cut out the aimless side to side passing.
Keep 352/532 for Europe where it will be more suited against better teams.

Too often when it's a bit tough some midfielders go in to hiding and don't show for ball. McGregor in particular has games like that and even worse lets opposition run off him. He hid in Greece and was to blame entirely for being passive for AEK goal for example. Should have been hooked after an hour last night.
I've always thought McGregor could be accused of going a.w.o.l when the going gets tough or is it when he's posted missing, we play worse? Certainly he should be substituted if he's not playing well and someone else given a chance to shine and unlock defences. HH

The passion has gone from this team to many players not fit to wear the jersey a lot of them have had contracts renewed and at present they are going through the motions.
Time to play the players that you know are playing for the jersey Brown/Tierney/Forrest would be my only guaranteed starters.
Brendan needs to get angry with performances like last night. Its soul destroying watching that crap and if Brendan doesnt see it then he is part of the problem,the system he played last night is not working. Too many people at Celtic Park living on past glories i am afraid.

The passion has gone from this team to many players not fit to wear the jersey a lot of them have had contracts renewed and at present they are going through the motions.
Time to play the players that you know are playing for the jersey Brown/Tierney/Forrest would be my only guaranteed starters.
Brendan needs to get angry with performances like last night. Its soul destroying watching that crap and if Brendan doesnt see it then he is part of the problem,the system he played last night is not working. Too many people at Celtic Park living on past glories i am afraid.

Don't agree about Forrest but Brown & Tierney ?

Forrest has been good but there must be better players available.

Actually, thinking bout it, you're probably right about him. Jeez, I can never make my mind up ?

He wasn’t great but That wasn’t the issue ! We will always have crap refs . The issue is We have no clue how to break down a defence
We have needed a real class playmaker for years .. be ready to watch many more games at parkhead and away from home exactly like that tonite .

Sorry V didn't see your reply.

We defo need a target man, when we are up against 10 men. Lack of penetration from wings also a long term problem.
My problem with official incompetence stems from opposition players crumpling at the slightest touch and getting a free kick. Its a contact sport ffs. When you witness the treatment dished out to Broony, KT elbow to the cheek and Ajer burst mouth on Friday night it's open season on the hoops again.
Why we persist on passing the ball across the back, taking 20, 30 passes. Boils my blood... Get Intae Them.
I am aware why the Bhoys hold back but a robust challenge or two would send a message. It's only going to get worse as the season goes on. Next year feck don't get me started.

We should revert to 433 for the majority of domestic games. Two wingers either side of striker, one sitting midfielder, two attacking and two overlapping full backs. Press teams high up the pitch and when in possession get the ball wide. Cut out the aimless side to side passing.
Keep 352/532 for Europe where it will be more suited against better teams.
Agreed
We have 7 men man marked with their backs to the goal against 11 men packed into their half ....and we have our 4 worst ball players on the ball all night ...if BR can’t find a fix to this god help us

Members online

Latest posts

Back