St Mirren v Celtic, Sunday 18th September 12 noon

Very very poor but surely lessons learned.
I hope!
HH
Aye Turnbull won't be here next year I don't think gaffer was taking about January window the other day guys like Turnbull are just too slow for us our changes need to effect things he doesn't this squads still evolving I like how pro active the gaffers been end of the day he's the one who lives or dies by it

Ange got the starting line up wrong, O'Riley and Jota should have started the game
Mooy and Turnbull, pedestrian
We missed CCv and his physical presence, but got to give the Buddies full marks for playing to their strengths, we did not
4 am kickoff, and they play like that, thanks Bhoys
Absolute gash
Oh well, we deal and move on
Can only hope St Mirren play like that, against the rest of the league
And it's goodnight from me
HH
There's pedestrian and there's loitering without intent.

We arent huns so I won't go as far as blaming the strips, that would be a terrible excuse. We were beat bacause we were poor. Bur even if we had won today I'd still say it was a bad choice. Same colour shorts and practically same colour tops as your opponents is mental!! Especially when your whole game is based around quick movement of the ball. Some of our players don't even look up. They play the ball into space they know their team mates will be. It would be very easy, like Jota did, to see a flash of colour and think it's your team mate. That being said, our passing was so poor and slow, with very little creativity that I don't think the strip clash came into play.
We take it on the chin. All the excuses Inthe world won't change the result.

First off, I can't complain about the result. We had plenty of the ball but offered nothing. Their keeper did what he had to do quite comfortably.
For me, we were muscled out of the game by a team that more or less just worked their socks off.
A lesson learned, I hope, as far as too many changes. And again I find myself saying we really need a bit more physicality, especially in midfield.
Both goals were avoidable. But as I say, we got what we deserved.
It's more frustrating because we're heading into the break. A long wait to put things right. Take a breath, have a gander at the league table, and remember where we were this time last season.

See what can be achieved if you push, pull, foul and time waste enough aided and abetted by match officials. I’m so glad Celtic don’t win games that way. How awful would it be to have watch that every week.
St Mirren took anti football to the max today and it paid off them.
4 mins added on would not cover the time the goalie wasted.
St Mirren strikers allowed to foul at will. I guarantee if they try that against the imposters it will be a free kick to Sevco everytime.
Having said all that the Bhoys were not at it today. No rhythm today Saints and mib stopping play at every opportunity.
The Sky sevvie could not hide her glee at the end there.
Still win the league at a canter though. The sevvies are still shite tae.
Minor set back to highly organised anti footballers.

Aye Turnbull won't be here next year I don't think gaffer was taking about January window the other day guys like Turnbull are just too slow for us our changes need to effect things he doesn't this squads still evolving I like how pro active the gaffers been end of the day he's the one who lives or dies by it
Turnbull isn't good enough or consistent enough or fast enough or brave enough.

See what can be achieved if push, pull, foul and time waste enough aided and abetted by match officials. I’m so glad Celtic don’t win games that way. How awful would it be to have watch that every week.
St Mirren took anti football to the max today and it paid off them.
4 mins added on would not cover the time the goalie wasted.
St Mirren strikers allowed to foul at will. I guarantee if they try that against the imposters it will be a free kick to Sevco everytime.
Having said all that the Bhoys were not at it today. No rhythm today Saints and mib stopping play at every opportunity.
The Sky sevvie could not hide her glee at the end there.
Still win the league at a canter though. The sevvies are still shite tae.
Minor set back to highly organised anti footballers.

The ref was sneaky today....didn't cause us to lose bet certainly did his bit to wind up the players and fans. And this is the reason we should shout the loudest when we are winning games. If anything is said today then its just cause we lost. So we have to just accept it today unfortunately.

First off, I can't complain about the result. We had plenty of the ball but offered nothing. Their keeper did what he had to do quite comfortably.
For me, we were muscled out of the game by a team that more or less just worked their socks off.
A lesson learned, I hope, as far as too many changes. And again I find myself saying we really need a bit more physicality, especially in midfield.
Both goals were avoidable. But as I say, we got what we deserved.
It's more frustrating because we're heading into the break. A long wait to put things right. Take a breath, have a gander at the league table, and remember where we were this time last season.
I believe that's what the boy Abilgaard is meant to bring a bit of steel in the middle who is also a good passer apparently he shud be fit to play after the break id imagine

A slap in the face that the manager, players and supporters probably needed and deserved. The league is tough and our great start, and long unbeaten run, shouldn't lead to the complacency we saw today. I'm sure Ange will knock a few heads together and get them firing for the 13 games between 1st October and the World Cup break in November.
Hart needs to be more commanding when high balls come into the box. Mooy is great to come on for the last half hour and help see a game out but probably too slow to start, and also playing Turnbull meant there was no tempo to our play from midfield. Welsh is 4th choice centre half for a reason, a massive drop in standard compared to CCV or Starfelt. Abada or Maeda not both, both rely on pace to get in behind defences but if they are playing so deep then they are little threat.
After 7 games we are 8 points better off than last season so still an excellent start to the season. We now need to bounce back and go on another 30+ unbeaten run of league games.

I believe that's what the boy Abilgaard is meant to bring a bit of steel in the middle who is also a good passer apparently he shud be fit to play after the break id imagine
I think Abildgaard will go through a mini pre season during the two week break and be ready to start play Motherwell in a fortnight. Probably need to arrange a bounce game or two to give non international players a run out.

Perhaps this is what we need, a reality check.
All this talk of how far we can go in Europe etc.
We cannot take our eyes off the prize domestically.
Weve gone practically a seasons worth of football undefeated.
This should serve as reminder that other sides in Scotland are playing well.
St Mirren are one of the form sides at the moment.
Not the place to make wholesale changes imo.
We move on but underestimate Scottish top flight sides at our peril.
It's not a disaster ( ok it is for this game)
We're still 2 pts clear looking down on the rangers but how we missed CCV today.
So many players off it, though credit st Mirren they stuck to the task.
Maybe we need this , a reset.
Our squad is strong and this probably wouldve worked at CP.
Lessons to be learned from today.
An off day and a half.
We move on and we will face more of these games.
HH

No excuses but two hands on the back of Welsh at is dubious to say the least. Listening to Robertson interview players were fit for 96 minutes, maybe the cramp issues was just blating time wasting then. Nice tactic if thats what you want to bring to the game, look forward to return against them.

Back