St Mirren v Celtic, Sunday 18th September 12 noon

Our game so far this season has been to blow teams away in the first half with fast flowing football but when you leave half the team on the bench for the first time this season todays game is what you get. I think Ange thought it’s only St Mirren I can afford to rest half the team and still win easily as I did too. Don’t think he’ll make that mistake again.
I hope you are right and I guess it has been a fact for a while that we struggle if we don't start well. Still think European football could be a challenge for us in terms of the league - I hope I'm wrong!

Well that was shite. Hopefully, that will be the boot to the baws that they so obviously need. Complacency is the enemy. This may have been needed to understand that saying ' we never stop' should be more than a fucking soundbite, and they need to actually perform. That said, I cannot really complain about the team as they've been great but this is a learning opportunity. If they don't learn from it this title will be a lot harder than it need be. That's my tuppence worth guys so, if you'll excuse me, there's a bottle of Buckie and a bottle of whisky that needs my attention. Night night and keep the faith Bhoys and Ghirls. 💚
Night night, it was only 5 when you posted. Enjoy your tipple 🍷🥃💚

Thought there was a touch of irony re the minutes applause. If you hate the royal family clap your hands.......almost the whole stadium was clapping. Anyway, it could've been worse.

Our game so far this season has been to blow teams away in the first half with fast flowing football but when you leave half the team on the bench for the first time this season todays game is what you get. I think Ange thought it’s only St Mirren I can afford to rest half the team and still win easily as I did too. Don’t think he’ll make that mistake again.
To be fair to Ange, I'm sure he thought his team choice would be good enough if the players played as we know they can.They didn't. Not one of them. Not being clever after the event here, but I thought it played into their hands.
No vision in midfield, two wide players who are very fast, but not very tricky.
We could all go on about why we think it didn't work, but if we learn from it, then, we'll be just fine.
Got say it again...that feckin' strip ? Just NOT Celtic !

To be fair to Ange, I'm sure he thought his team choice would be good enough if the players played as we know they can.They didn't. Not one of them. Not being clever after the event here, but I thought it played into their hands.
No vision in midfield, two wide players who are very fast, but not very tricky.
We could all go on about why we think it didn't work, but if we learn from it, then, we'll be just fine.
Got say it again...that feckin' strip ? Just NOT Celtic !
I actually struggled to tell which team was which tbh, maybe just my own eyesight 🤷‍♂️

Perfect summation Garry. My first thought on seeing the team was we would struggle in wide areas. As you say, both wide players rely heavily on their pace. A team with the defensive record of The Buddies is more than capable of denying them space. Definitely the wrong team for me.
I think we could all see within the first 5 minutes that 6 changes wont work in any team. Maybe Ange is beginning to believe his own bullshit. Today was down to him entirely. Love the guy to bits but hope this was a wake up call for him today.

This is a game made for Giakomakis with a bit of height and hustle in a low block.
The big man, should have started
It's useless playing Mooy and Turnbull together, from the start
Too bad Laim Scales is with Aberdeen, we could have used him today, to shore up the back line
We got bullied at the back, no question
Curtis main had a field day today, and you know what kind of team they have, when they bring on a thug like Gogic
No excuses, they played their game, we didn't play ours
We move on
HH

Last edited:
The big man, should have started
It's useless playing Mooy and Turnbull together, from the start
Too bad Laim Scales is with Aberdeen, we could have used him today, to shore up the back line
We got bullied at the back, no question
Curtis main had a field day today, and you now what kind of team they have, when they bring on a thug like Gogic
No excuses, they played their game, we didn't play ours
We move on
HH
Spot on DG

A fucking sign that the strips clashing. Jota passes across the middle to a St Mirren player!! Who decided we should wear these strips today!! Are they not selling enough in the shops!!
No excuse, but both teams in black shorts, makes it difficult when your'e trying to find a team mate when the game's in full flow
The Buddies deserved their win, we got, what we deserved
Let the naysayers have their day, we have the squad to win the league again
HH

I think we could all see within the first 5 minutes that 6 changes wont work in any team. Maybe Ange is beginning to believe his own bullshit. Today was down to him entirely. Love the guy to bits but hope this was a wake up call for him today.
Ange doesn’t do bullshit especially his own
Most folks love Ange yes he made a mistake too many changes. And our replacements were woeful today but it worked against Ross County.
But Sometimes a plan doesn’t work like Today.
We move on but no from me on the Bullshit front.
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🪖 ready

One of the problems we have had for years letting opposition players run into our box with no one from midfield tracking them but I think Hart should have saved it
It's a case of horses for courses
Big Joe looked more like 'Little Joe' (the oldie's who watched Bonanza will get it) when the crosses came in
I would have given him a rest today and started big Benji, he's a big lump of a guy and I think he would have come for some of those cross balls
No cohesion along the back four today and our starting midfield weren't playing 'Angeball'
We have a starting line up capable of hammering most teams, so we should start with Jota, O'Riley and big GG, against teams like St Mirren
HH

Ange doesn’t do bullshit especially his own
Most folks love Ange yes he made a mistake too many changes. And our replacements were woeful today but it worked against Ross County.
But Sometimes a plan doesn’t work like Today.
We move on but no from me on the Bullshit front.
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🪖 ready
He's not a fucking fenian.... They were just another brand of irish rebels. He is GREEK/AUSTRALIAN and never fought against the British.

On reflection and after a good few scoops. It was not a good day. But it was likely to happen sometime. Ange, his coaching team and the squad have been super. I prefer it happening now. Gives Ange and his team loads of time to fix it. We will move on from this blimp and have so much better days.There is so much to look forward to. Fair play to St. Mirren Heads up all. It is the wrong thread but my following post is not meant to take sides, offend anybody or be controversial, I feel I have to say it. So please forgive me if you disagree. 🍀 💚

Back