St Patrick's day

its no really important but came across an obscure saint while reading jc post, and it intrigued me if JC dad was miller or lived in Belgium for period or both

Its a pleasure to reply to the guys on here and no problem TET. As my post said I don't have any knowledge of either, and apologise for the time I took to answer you.

Have to go back and forward to my emails and on here again...mostly regarding my work, but also trying to get an answer from Maureen at the Celtic ticket office for my semi final tickets v Aberdeen, but gonna have to phone her ....getting worried now!!!

Managed to get to the Dundee game at the weekend....just... but was lookin' forward to an earlier pint with the 'Senator' aka SP. The guy's insight and foresight is a learning curve and calming influence on my otherwise now commonplace, mental exodus from sanity.
I'mean when you think.... Think.... THINK.........you can trust and leave someone to do a job that they have done for almost 28 years (he's 46) only to find it was displaced then can't trust them again..... at the cost of my relaxation time and having to speak slower.. almost humbling them....almost to the point of exasperation...... deep breaths...innnn........ouuuut.......innnn.......maybe it's me...... maybe I'm the problem and need psychiatric help....... maybe I just don't have the patience to concentrate on electrical circuitry, installs, inspection and testing any more.....maybe I'm too old, maybe I should look for a job as a postie, or window cleaner or something that doesn't DRIVE ME EFFING MENTAL......... where everybody is so nice and smart and polite.......to me.....AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.......

Just thought, he's probably going to read this later and then know what he drives me to..... ach so fuck.......hey Jason, how hard can it be.... I've always wondered why you.... they call me two brains behind my back....probably because of my split personality and propensity to GO EFFING NUTS when they disappoint again and again and......is it too much to ask to do the job you're paid to do, you claim to be good at........ and GET F.......ING STUPID MONEY .......to get it right THE FIRST TIME...... only for me to do it all over again............. What is the point.............................Sorry guys....rant over............
some of you might know what I mean.............

You got that out your system now, JC? :ROFLMAO:

I read your account of strange happenings earlier and was quite fascinated. What happened with your Da's mark must have been mystifying. o_O

We also have a mystifying occurrence in our family too. Maybe not as unexplainable as TGJC but very strange indeed for our family.

My mum’s brother was knocked down and killed at the age of Seventeen on the 14th November 1936. He was cycling home from work at midday on a Saturday when a drunk driver knocked him over and he never recovered consciousness and died that night in the Western Infirmary, Glasgow

My Grandmother then passed away on 14 Novemenber 1943 seven years after her son’s death to the day.

My Grandfather then passed away on 14 November 1953 from Cancer of the Pancreas.

We have done our family tree and the dates of death for all three have all been confirmed. They are all buried st St Kentigern’s cemetery together.

We just find it very unusual for three immediate members of one family to all die on the same date different years. I know there are probably answers to this happening but I don’t know of any.

Is anyone having problems either opening alerts or posting new threads.

Its telling me oops we ran into security problems ?

It was our equivalent of New Year growing up. It was about the only time beyond weddings and funerals that the majority of the family would get together for three days of festivities.

My Nan would roast a flock of lamb and get on the soda bread and Colcannon. There was enough drink to sink a ship and my Uncle John would ferry over with the Paddy's and poitin.

All started off civilised enough, but by nightfall the rebs had started and the scraps would break out.

Tin hats ready for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.......my Daddy's having a hooly!

Now if only we can summon the spirit of Saint Patrick to rid the snakes from Scottish football, then we can have a real party......
SP Would love to be sitted listening to your tales from the memory bank,
The 60's I do not remember much partying, may have been that part of Forgewood in Motherwell.
If you still have memories, you are still breathing

[QUOTE="TET, post: 55884, member: 607")
Probably get banned now but hey ill say a prayer if i do.[/QUOTE]
TET
You are one of a few on here that post writings that will make one think.
Many people are staunch and follow dogma, Many times I question devouts by asking them to explain their staunchness, sadly many cannot do.
Born and raised a catholic and I still believe in the one Holy Church. But, Buddhism has pulled me sideways, i find solace in the 5 Tenents. They conflict with no religion but, their simplicity I agree with.
Anyway TET, never leave have a Stella with MD

Its a pleasure to reply to the guys on here and no problem TET. As my post said I don't have any knowledge of either, and apologise for the time I took to answer you.

Have to go back and forward to my emails and on here again...mostly regarding my work, but also trying to get an answer from Maureen at the Celtic ticket office for my semi final tickets v Aberdeen, but gonna have to phone her ....getting worried now!!!

Managed to get to the Dundee game at the weekend....just... but was lookin' forward to an earlier pint with the 'Senator' aka SP. The guy's insight and foresight is a learning curve and calming influence on my otherwise now commonplace, mental exodus from sanity.
I'mean when you think.... Think.... THINK.........you can trust and leave someone to do a job that they have done for almost 28 years (he's 46) only to find it was displaced then can't trust them again..... at the cost of my relaxation time and having to speak slower.. almost humbling them....almost to the point of exasperation...... deep breaths...innnn........ouuuut.......innnn.......maybe it's me...... maybe I'm the problem and need psychiatric help....... maybe I just don't have the patience to concentrate on electrical circuitry, installs, inspection and testing any more.....maybe I'm too old, maybe I should look for a job as a postie, or window cleaner or something that doesn't DRIVE ME EFFING MENTAL......... where everybody is so nice and smart and polite.......to me.....AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.......

Just thought, he's probably going to read this later and then know what he drives me to..... ach so fuck.......hey Jason, how hard can it be.... I've always wondered why you.... they call me two brains behind my back....probably because of my split personality and propensity to GO EFFING NUTS when they disappoint again and again and......is it too much to ask to do the job you're paid to do, you claim to be good at........ and GET F.......ING STUPID MONEY .......to get it right THE FIRST TIME...... only for me to do it all over again............. What is the point.............................Sorry guys....rant over............
some of you might know what I mean.............

Anyway

There is a controvertial Belgian saint who had some very bizarre experiences and hey fit ino your sory on quite afew levels.

A victim soul who died went to heaven hell and purgatory, was pure soul a bit like Mary, was a great mystic, and on arrival into presence of Christ was offered the chance to go back to earth as extreme victim soul to help purge souls in purgatory that she had saw in dire agony.

Her compassion was so great she accepted.

Now having been dead for while it was her mass for repose of her soul and her body started floating out the coffin. And everybody but couple people ran off terrified.

Anyway body came back down from mid air and she was alive again.

But she had extreme sensitive acuity, she could smell the stench of souls in mortal sin. And she was tortured soul from then on.

Most people thought she was possessed cause she would flee rancid souls and climb up trees and towers and generally act bizarre, like throwing herself into ovens screaming or spending weeks in icy cold rivers, while screaming in terror.

But her body had no ill effects, no burns, broken limbs would instantly heal, and generally some truly frightening stuff never before recorded in any other saintly person.

She is so controvertial that mots people find the story of her life to be too extremely bizarre to be believable.

People ask why would God allow that kind of stuff to happen to a good person. But he didnt he offered her the chance to help souls in purgatory by expiating their corrupt souls to help relieve them of their preternatural suffering.

Anyway the story was told by a famous domincian from Belgium and although most people dont beleive him he was never ever knwon to be fantasist in anything else he ever took part.

Never offciially declared saint due to the oddness of her life.

But if you belive the Dominican comtemporary account from eye witnesses and his own experiences then the strange paralells betwen your story and some of her stories is quite similar. Her feast day is the day of your father death.

Prophetess
Been to afterlife
strange marks that disappear
unexplained survival without blemish to body from some extreme situations which should have caused death or at least serious disfigurement
being a victim soul she took the punishment of other souls to save them from eternal hell and alleviate the suffering of others.

She is known as Christina the Astonishing

Intercedes with Millers, mental health workers and is venerated privately in Belgium although nver fully endorsed by the church.

Quite a strange story. Iveread a few saints stories, and apparently the acuity of smell sense of certain mystics is so extreme that they can smell mortal sins and the putrifaction of souls.

And apparently its so intense and rank that its an extreme suffering, but it allows them to read that soul and guide it back to the light.

Anyway

starnge i had read that around same time as you related your story. Perhaps there is a connection with the Christina somewhere in your generational line?

Anyway peace TGJC

Loved your tale and I beleive everyword .

Blessings be to you

You got that out your system now, JC? :ROFLMAO:

I read your account of strange happenings earlier and was quite fascinated. What happened with your Da's mark must have been mystifying. o_O

aaaaahhhh, Shammie......normality..... the natural order is slowly being restored.

P.S.
I've never had my dad's calming presence, at least not since I became an electrician!

My father had a few businesses in Dundee way back and though he was quite young and the oldest of an eventual 14 children, he was also assisted by his younger siblings running these businesses.
His wife by one year was about a month from giving birth to a daughter and what was to be their first and only child, whilst she remained at home and stayed not far from the shop.
What happened next has been recounted, versed and told to many thousands of people from Italy, Ireland, England, Scotland, Australia and the USA since that time.
Even on their deathbeds they still continued to state it exactly as they saw it until the last of them died four years ago.... so vivid an occurrence it was for them.
I was very lucky, enough to talk to every one of them that saw it happen, 13 in total in the early seventies and before any of the original witnesses passed away.

I feel so sorry now for the way I behaved and reacted with the line of questioning I took at that time, especially when it got back to my father. It was as if I was testing them and pushing them to tell me it was all a lie, all a connivance and was all made up.
My father's face said so much to me but was completely silent when he found out that I was constantly asking and harping on about it to my uncles and aunties, trying to catch them out.
He said to me almost in a whisper, I don't mind if you don't believe me and what took place, nor believe them, but now you are embarrassing me, because they are wondering what kind of son I've got. I thoroughly disappointed him, and likely he never got over that.
At that time I had a very close Rangers supporting friend Drew, who told me himself to stop trying to prove them all wrong. I can still hear Drew say "they can't ALL be wrong, can they"?
(Drew died a few years later as a result of a football riot with Rangers fans at Dens Park, after a long period of intense treatment and hospitalisation).

I thought it was strange how my father's brothers and sisters told what they saw to all and sundry when he died, but he told us not to tell anyone, and although it is an unbelievable account there was no reason whatsoever for him or them to lie, or embellish it further.
The actual event was implausible and preposterous enough to any sane and normal person but when so many witnessed it at the same time, repeatedly relaying it to others without straying or faltering from its original version, then there had to be an element of truth and wonderment to it.
However, his badly 'burned' hand was something no-one could ever argue with and always knew it to be all the proof he and they, ever needed.

I will tell this, exactly as it has been told to me and over 2 hundred times since, by the original witnesses.
Apologies for it's length, but I think brevity would have robbed the contents of its poignancy.

One morning in May 1938, about 9: 15, my father had not long left his wife to go and prepare the 'runners' for work at one of his shops, when within a few minutes of arriving, suddenly his left hand lit up like a lamp. (bulb) !!

He screamed with the intense brightness of it, as did his brothers and sisters who stood with him in a small backroom, in less than an average sized 4m x 4m living room, while about to discuss the day's work.
As they all watched, they noticed that the brightness intensified further for four or five seconds and was so bright none of them could look straight at it. His youngest sister Adele, was only 9 at the time but ran through to the toilet to get a carton of cold water, quickly followed by my dad, where she threw the water over his hand. Nothing happened with the water and the brightness stayed exactly the same. My father was in shock but is convinced he thought he heard someone say to him to go home.
(I have to say, that my father never drank alcohol or smoked cigars nor cigarettes).
At that point, no-one that was there were saying anything making sense, except screaming, (8 in total) which brought others in from next door's (Mathews) butcher's shop (another 5 people) to also witness the intense bright light coming from his hand and the ensuing madness, but my father ran off the few hundred yards to his home. He got to the side door which was closest to him kicked it and rushed inside.
It was at this exact time, his hand just as quickly extinguished its brightness and I'll quote him when he said to me "it was if I had switched it off" yet never did and couldn't do so.
He quickly went through to the living room to see his wife where he'd left her less than thirty minutes ago, but she wasn't there, and was in the bedroom. He turned around and went back the way and into the bedroom.
What he saw then dropped him onto the square little rug at the bedside as if he had been shot. His wife was lying on the bed in a huge pool of blood with a baby half born and seemingly lifeless.
There was no sound at all in the room.
Teresa, his wife at 21 was breathing in small gasps and dying very quickly. He cradled her then saw a slight movement below and then tried to pull the baby out. It was tiny and would have fitted into his cupped hands. Then his brothers and sisters came rushing in towards my dad when he started telling them what to do. They got towels, hot water and soaps to try and deliver the baby themselves, which they did and successfully. His youngest sister and next youngest brother to him, ran to the "Tardis" police box at the top of Provost Road and Clepington Road, where they got a policeman to drive around the corner and take them to the DRI......but the copper went to Maryfield hospital instead, thinking it was quicker.
It was probably equally about a mile each way to either hospital with little or no traffic at that time. They wrapped the baby up and handed it over to nurses who managed to keep it alive. My dad stayed with his wife at her bedside talking and whispering to her that the doctor and ambulance were coming very shortly.
But it was too late for her and she passed away in his arms. The doctor and nurses arrived a few minutes after that and declared her dead. The blood loss was too great for her to recover from. I never did find out what caused this traumatic event to happen in such a short time between him leaving her, the next half hour, and his rapid return.

The baby survived, was called Silvia and she is still alive, staying in the same place in Italy today as my mother came from. (living in a beautiful city in Tuscany called Pontremoli....meaning 'Three Bridges') Silvia will be 81 years old this May.
Cont........

Last edited:
Cont from above.........

Nine years later, my dad met and married my mother while with his daughter in Italy. However, as gentle and understanding as she was to my father's daughter, Silvia just didn't take to my mother or us.
For reasons I won't get into here, we never had much to do with her and it was how she wanted it.
She neither showed up for her and our father's funeral, in July 31st 1990.... it being the hottest ever recorded temperature in Britain on that day of 107 degrees Fahrenheit. (The MET London)
There is nothing more I can say, other than drawing on my own thoughts about my father's hand.
But although he said there was never the slightest bit of pain, heat or bleeding from the blinding and intense light, he was left with a very dark area of skin and part of the inside hand, which ran slightly around his fingers to the top, back and knuckle side of his hand.
He could never have made that mark himself, which I can easily recall all of my life, and ran in tandem with the story that so many told as they themselves witnessed.
It was a permanent memory of what happened and proof of this bright light that seemed to warn him to go home to his wife.
I have no doubts that this light emanating from within his hand DID happen.
What caused it and lit it up, without electricity or batteries and nothing touching it, and without gloves, however, will never be answered.

What other 'thing' could have caused it other than divine intervention, given the precise timing, the emergency and urgency that the situation demanded for it to happen...and for only 22 minutes, then extinguishing itself when it's 'job' was done.
I have thought about it, a hundred thousand times since I first spoke to and asked of everyone and everything and it always comes back to the involvement of something very extreme, supreme, or a God, Angels, or other vastly superior being, compared to us....and by any other explanation...God.
The fact that it was a 'helpful' event towards my dad, lends to or suggests it was a force for good and a benevolent one.
IF, then there is a God, its even easier to think there is a heavenly place HE dwells in or belongs to. This then opens the door to every other possibility of Jesus, Mary.. the Crucifixion et al being true...and maybe including other deities also.

I won't suggest for a moment that it is only a Christian or Catholic connection that intervened in my father's case.
Maybe if these thirteen people had not been so vociferous, striving as determined witnesses, or sought financial gain, or lost their staying power, it may not have had the same impact, but while being present, and in the thick of it, it was alarming to watch at times and I remember it well. Coupled with the visual evidence my father carried with him 'till he died, was overpowering.
My father firmly believed that the light in his hand would never have "went out or off" had he not left the shop, or until he had gone home.
Its very sad that only one of them survived, and to me, its almost as if the light failed him, or maybe that he failed to react quickly enough to what was a warning.

But what really did it for me was, although my father was dead, he was still warm....... and the discoloration on his hand had completely disappeared!
I was utterly, utterly completely dumbstruck!!
It was too late for me to say sorry to him but this was my very own personal JFK moment. I can still remember breaking down and have never got over this yet. I know I never will.
My love for Celtic that my father had started in me, completely died there and then, and became an insignificant disinteresting big fat nothing.
It took me many years afterwards to get it back, which I did and felt a sense of owing him.
What made it all worse, if it was possible was that a song by Mike and the Mechanics called the Living Years was high in the charts at the time of his death and was played incessantly.There's a verse near the end where the lyrics sung are very sensitive as I also think to many others.
It runs as:
"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away"
"I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say"
and so it goes ....

He went to see about getting treatment for his hand but was told that it was impossible, as the mark was far too deeply ingrained and would need deep and invasive surgery leaving him potentially disabled.

I SAW THAT FOR MYSELF. I DIDN'T NEED TO ASK A WITNESS.
THIS TIME I WAS THERE.
I have never gotten over that and always remember him with that darkening.
Far too many things are inextricably involved here to dismiss divine intervention, or..... what else was it?
No-one has even come close to giving us a sensible explanation...they are all dumb, nonsensical claptrap theories.... and not that we needed one anyway.

If anyone else who's reading this and was there at the time of this account and witnessed the events as they happened, they too would remain silent, just like all the rest of us have been, with no satisfactory, human or earthly answer to offer. I can't really offer much of an explanation either, other than this was not caused within human boundaries.

I am not trying to convert, convince or coddle anyone's sympathy, empathy or memory....Only that as I saw it and my part in it.
I can promise anyone reading this, with comfortable ease that it is all as truthful and exactly as it unfolded, told to me with multiple eye witnesses or as my own personal eye witness bears out.
I have tried my best to keep this impartial, and as unemotional as possible although the latter was very hard to do on several occasions.

I don't accept that this is a first either. My father could not have been the only one, or privileged person to have experienced this. Maybe this has happened to countless thousands of people and long before his own situation ever arose.
It is likely to have happened before many times to others and in different forms, and unlike, or at least different from his own blindingly lit hand.
I hope I'm not being rude when suggesting I feel dismissive to anyone offering an explanation as they may see it.

It's just that, from where I'm sitting, know about, listened to and seeing what I have seen and done, and still see right now, trumps everything from anyone who wasn't there, or didn't witness anything, yet wants to put their slant to something I'm not even sure I can.....
....yet, I only saw and listened to so much...let alone witnessed it at first hand. My experience and contribution was very, VERY small, compared to what the 12 people and my father experienced.
Notwithstanding this, I can't be swayed by even lesser contributors than myself.

There was no more obfuscating, impeding advocate than I was....until I got to see...... and learn for myself! Things only add up when you see them for yourself, although there was enough crushing and overwhelming evidence that negated the need for my own personal view.
I am deeply, and very sorry for the hurt I often caused to my family, relations and most especially my father. While this event was often discussed with his own family and friends present in most of the countries I have mentioned at the top of the page, there were times he could have done with my impartiality, if not support.
But he did get the last word and shut me down. Its the greatest regret of mine that he had to die first before I was convinced with evidence that was shoved in my face.
Strangely enough, I always got on well with my father.

It's for this reason alone, I can't ask for, listen to, or want to hear anyone else's explanation for what WE all saw and know happened. I'm not remotely interested in explanations, and being human I can't offer one either. I have something much better than that.
I can think of the likeliest of reasons why and what it means, and probably am correct, but I'm not concerned anymore. I said earlier why people that say there is no God are unfortunate people .......I hope I've said on here why.... because I was one.

Cont from above.........

Nine years later, my dad met and married my mother while with his daughter in Italy. However, as

There are so many hidden saint stories but they are hidden for virtue sake. Humility is very difficult to fully grasp in the human intellect. Most people assume its underplaying the truth but thats not quite right, other think it means poor but thats a specific kind of humility.

Humilty acording to the masters of virtue is the exactly the truth without defect or excess, its exactly perfect humility if it accords with the exact truth.

Our Lady in scripture doesnt get much of a say but what she does say is always very powerful stuff.

The magnificat for example

To the carnal mind of worldy truth it can appear to be quite an unhumble declaration Mary makes to her cousin Elizabeth.

But Mary is perfect humility in action. always without excess or defect, when she speaks its worth listening very clearly with meditative mind.

My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour
Because He hath regarded the humility of his handmaid:
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me, and holy is His name.
And His mercy is from generation unto generations to them that fear Him.
He hath shewed might in His arm:
He hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath received Israel His servant, being mindful of His mercy.
As He spoke to our fathers; to Abraham and his seed forever.Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost,As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

The other time she spoke was at Cana wedding feast

And she spoke to the servants of the wedding banquet (could this be analogy of the wedding of the lamb and the church)

Her words of wisdom to the servants of the wedding were

"Do whatever he tells you" (pointing to her son)

Now you might say whats your point here.

Well if you read the Marian mystics they tell of so many wonders in the life of Mary that are not mentioned in bible because it might detract from being obedient to her son.

The greatest saint in the bible doesnt get much air time.

But her humility is so great that she is nothing compared with the divine son. The greatest saint to ever set foot on earth is pretty much unknown despite her greatness. And most of the truly gifted people of the world even among saints prefer to remain hidden. They are hidden to be revealed when the word choses the best time for revelation.

One of the most hidden and incredible books ever written is by a a nun from Spain and the revelation of the mystical city of God by Venerable Mary de Agrada.

its a private revelation of the lifes of the mother and father of MAry and her entire life story as revealed by christ and mary and was compelled by supriors to write the book though she didnt think she could write it.

Now its private revelation, so its not necessary for faith. But it is nil obstat and imprimatur declared without error with magesterium approval.

Mary of agrada was also a mystic who could bilocate. Some of the super natural gifts of the sainst that remain private are truly astonishing things.

Anyway I loved your history TGjc

There is a reason why the parables are parables and not plain as day
There is a reason why pople with gifts of grace dont want to make it public.

They usually get locked up and experimented with by sceptics and ridiculed publically and some souls that is not part of their cross.

No proof is good enough for some
No proof is necessary for others

Only grace will convert a heart but sometimes prayer can help.

Last edited:
Good for you, sport. Didn't really read your post, but whatever. Let me just conclude that if I wanted to take a course in Irish History and Culture, I certainly wouldn't go to a football forum. Hail Hail.

let me just conclude that you write a fair amount of shyte yourself!
But I have not once been so fecking bored in life to pull you up on it until you decided to appear as the clever bollix!

I don't need to use any word count fecking software, not a trainspotter by any chance:)
to act the maggot like you did for no fecking reason, sticking your self assured kunty bollix head around the door (just an Irish expression btw not literal) to peep one in.

I just have to point at the stats that show you joined months after me but have posted eh like lots more!
Keeping in mind many of my posts have been posts on Irish music and pre and post Celtic match chat and a Lee congerton out campaign. I Seldom post in comparison! so save your word count advice kb! ok

I thought you might be smart enough to reflect and realize, but no just more smug shyte.

I'll leave it at this!
22.JPG

23.JPG

There are so many hidden saint stories but they are hidden for virtue sake. Humility is very difficult to fully grasp in the human intellect. Most people assume its underplaying the truth but thats not quite right, other think it means poor but thats a specific kind of humility.

Humilty acording to the masters of virtue is the exactly the truth without defect or excess, its exactly perfect humility if it accords with the exact truth.

Our Lady in scripture doesnt get much of a say but what she does say is always very powerful stuff.

The magnificat for example

To the carnal mind of worldy truth it can appear to be quite an unhumble declaration Mary makes to her cousin Elizabeth.

But Mary is perfect humility in action. always without excess or defect, when she speaks its worth listening very clearly with meditative mind.

My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour
Because He hath regarded the humility of his handmaid:
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me, and holy is His name.
And His mercy is from generation unto generations to them that fear Him.
He hath shewed might in His arm:
He hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
He hath filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he hath sent empty away.
He hath received Israel His servant, being mindful of His mercy.
As He spoke to our fathers; to Abraham and his seed forever.Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost,As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

The other time she spoke was at Cana wedding feast

And she spoke to the servants of the wedding banquet (could this be analogy of the wedding of the lamb and the church)

Her words of wisdom to the servants of the wedding were

"Do whatever he tells you" (pointing to her son)

Now you might say whats your point here.

Well if you read the Marian mystics they tell of so many wonders in the life of Mary that are not mentioned in bible because it might detract from being obedient to her son.

The greatest saint in the bible doesnt get much air time.

But her humility is so great that she is nothing compared with the divine son. The greatest saint to ever set foot on earth is pretty much unknown despite her greatness. And most of the truly gifted people of the world even among saints prefer to remain hidden. They are hidden to be revealed when the word choses the best time for revelation.

One of the most hidden and incredible books ever written is by a a nun from Spain and the revelation of the mystical city of God by Venerable Mary de Agrada.

its a private revelation of the lifes of the mother and father of MAry and her entire life story as revealed by christ and mary and was compelled by supriors to write the book though she didnt think she could write it.

Now its private revelation, so its not necessary for faith. But it is nil obstat and imprimatur declared without error with magesterium approval.

Mary of agrada was also a mystic who could bilocate. Some of the super natural gifts of the sainst that remain private are truly astonishing things.

Anyway I loved your history TGjc

There is a reason why the parables are parables and not plain as day
There is a reason why pople with gifts of grace dont want to make it private.

They usually get locked up and experimented with by sceptics and ridiculed publically and some souls that is not part of their cross.

No proof is good enough for some
No proof is necessary for others

Only grace will convert a heart but sometimes prayer can help.

Why don't you start a topic in GC so people can ask specific questions about faith itself and your belief that mass has to needs to be part of that.

Until the end my old man would have preferred to have been shot than miss mass, I'll never forget driving him the best part of a day the other end of Ireland and the first thing he asked when we arrived was, 'what times mass in the morning'. And to be fair most if not all I can think of who attend regular are decent people, so I'm not suggesting just to hijack you.

But even as a very young kid, it just seemed to me like heirloom habit stuff for most, plenty stopped at mass, were not exactly Jesus like out of it. The old saying too many Catholics and Protestants not enough Christians.

I won't be attending mass regular, but I'd like to read someone like yourself who is convinced answer some wonders of it all.
Can't see how anyone can mind, unless the more literal ones here actually think its a forum to chat about generals.

Last edited:
Why don't you start a topic in GC so people can ask specific questions about faith itself and your belief that mass has to needs to be part of that.

Until the end my old man would have preferred to have been shot than miss mass, I'll never forget driving him the best part of a day the other end of Ireland and the first thing he asked when we arrived was, 'what times mass in the morning'. And to be fair most if not all I can think of who attend regular are decent people, so I'm not suggesting just to hijack you.

But even as a very young kid, it just seemed to me like heirloom habit stuff for most, plenty stopped at mass, were not exactly Jesus like out of it. The old saying too many Catholics and Protestants not enough Christians.

I won't be attending mass regular, but I'd like to read someone like yourself who is convinced answer some wonders of it all.
Can't see how anyone can mind, unless the more literal ones here actually think its a forum to chat about generals.
Thanks Jim,
it's been a great pleasure to be lectured by you'
passin on your unchallengable wisdom to us mere mortals,who are obviously too stupid
to comprehend your wisdom and huge intellect,

must be great, sittin on top of your mountain,passing down your tablets of stone,
to the intellectual inferiors who pass for posters,with their stupid little one line posts'
and their stupid little "funny" images,

thank god we have someone like yourself,to show us how stupid and intellekshully inferior we are, in your presence,

i thought in my 65 years,i might have learned something,but no Jim, i know phuq all about phuq all, since you imply that anyone not agreeing with you, or not bowing to your superior intellect,is by your implication,unworthy of an opinion,you smug superiority complex phuq! why not read another book, or write another essay and have a discursive debate with Farquar and Tarquin over lattes in Merchant City and have a laugh at the proles on "celtic noise"as far as i'm concerned you can phuqin do one,until you admit that every single person posting on here,is entitled to they're say and not subject to ridicule, by the likes of you no offence just an opinion Jim, HailHail.

riot, riot. who was that dwarf in the quiet man taking d bets? nutz man, this is like being at the movies. the field. me moneys on the yank getting his brains bashed in agan.

Cont from above.........

Nine years later, my dad met and married my mother while with his daughter in Italy. However, as gentle and understanding as she was to my father's daughter, Silvia just didn't take to my mother or us.
For reasons I won't get into here, we never had much to do with her and it was how she wanted it.
She neither showed up for her and our father's funeral, in July 31st 1990.... it being the hottest ever recorded temperature in Britain on that day of 107 degrees Fahrenheit. (The MET London)
There is nothing more I can say, other than drawing on my own thoughts about my father's hand.
But although he said there was never the slightest bit of pain, heat or bleeding from the blinding and intense light, he was left with a very dark area of skin and part of the inside hand, which ran slightly around his fingers to the top, back and knuckle side of his hand.
He could never have made that mark himself, which I can easily recall all of my life, and ran in tandem with the story that so many told as they themselves witnessed.
It was a permanent memory of what happened and proof of this bright light that seemed to warn him to go home to his wife.
I have no doubts that this light emanating from within his hand DID happen.
What caused it and lit it up, without electricity or batteries and nothing touching it, and without gloves, however, will never be answered.

What other 'thing' could have caused it other than divine intervention, given the precise timing, the emergency and urgency that the situation demanded for it to happen...and for only 22 minutes, then extinguishing itself when it's 'job' was done.
I have thought about it, a hundred thousand times since I first spoke to and asked of everyone and everything and it always comes back to the involvement of something very extreme, supreme, or a God, Angels, or other vastly superior being, compared to us....and by any other explanation...God.
The fact that it was a 'helpful' event towards my dad, lends to or suggests it was a force for good and a benevolent one.
IF, then there is a God, its even easier to think there is a heavenly place HE dwells in or belongs to. This then opens the door to every other possibility of Jesus, Mary.. the Crucifixion et al being true...and maybe including other deities also.

I won't suggest for a moment that it is only a Christian or Catholic connection that intervened in my father's case.
Maybe if these thirteen people had not been so vociferous, striving as determined witnesses, or sought financial gain, or lost their staying power, it may not have had the same impact, but while being present, and in the thick of it, it was alarming to watch at times and I remember it well. Coupled with the visual evidence my father carried with him 'till he died, was overpowering.
My father firmly believed that the light in his hand would never have "went out or off" had he not left the shop, or until he had gone home.
Its very sad that only one of them survived, and to me, its almost as if the light failed him, or maybe that he failed to react quickly enough to what was a warning.

But what really did it for me was, although my father was dead, he was still warm....... and the discoloration on his hand had completely disappeared!
I was utterly, utterly completely dumbstruck!!
It was too late for me to say sorry to him but this was my very own personal JFK moment. I can still remember breaking down and have never got over this yet. I know I never will.
My love for Celtic that my father had started in me, completely died there and then, and became an insignificant disinteresting big fat nothing.
It took me many years afterwards to get it back, which I did and felt a sense of owing him.
What made it all worse, if it was possible was that a song by Mike and the Mechanics called the Living Years was high in the charts at the time of his death and was played incessantly.There's a verse near the end where the lyrics sung are very sensitive as I also think to many others.
It runs as:
"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away"
"I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say"
and so it goes ....

He went to see about getting treatment for his hand but was told that it was impossible, as the mark was far too deeply ingrained and would need deep and invasive surgery leaving him potentially disabled.

I SAW THAT FOR MYSELF. I DIDN'T NEED TO ASK A WITNESS.
THIS TIME I WAS THERE.
I have never gotten over that and always remember him with that darkening.
Far too many things are inextricably involved here to dismiss divine intervention, or..... what else was it?
No-one has even come close to giving us a sensible explanation...they are all dumb, nonsensical claptrap theories.... and not that we needed one anyway.

If anyone else who's reading this and was there at the time of this account and witnessed the events as they happened, they too would remain silent, just like all the rest of us have been, with no satisfactory, human or earthly answer to offer. I can't really offer much of an explanation either, other than this was not caused within human boundaries.

I am not trying to convert, convince or coddle anyone's sympathy, empathy or memory....Only that as I saw it and my part in it.
I can promise anyone reading this, with comfortable ease that it is all as truthful and exactly as it unfolded, told to me with multiple eye witnesses or as my own personal eye witness bears out.
I have tried my best to keep this impartial, and as unemotional as possible although the latter was very hard to do on several occasions.

I don't accept that this is a first either. My father could not have been the only one, or privileged person to have experienced this. Maybe this has happened to countless thousands of people and long before his own situation ever arose.
It is likely to have happened before many times to others and in different forms, and unlike, or at least different from his own blindingly lit hand.
I hope I'm not being rude when suggesting I feel dismissive to anyone offering an explanation as they may see it.

It's just that, from where I'm sitting, know about, listened to and seeing what I have seen and done, and still see right now, trumps everything from anyone who wasn't there, or didn't witness anything, yet wants to put their slant to something I'm not even sure I can.....
....yet, I only saw and listened to so much...let alone witnessed it at first hand. My experience and contribution was very, VERY small, compared to what the 12 people and my father experienced.
Notwithstanding this, I can't be swayed by even lesser contributors than myself.

There was no more obfuscating, impeding advocate than I was....until I got to see...... and learn for myself! Things only add up when you see them for yourself, although there was enough crushing and overwhelming evidence that negated the need for my own personal view.
I am deeply, and very sorry for the hurt I often caused to my family, relations and most especially my father. While this event was often discussed with his own family and friends present in most of the countries I have mentioned at the top of the page, there were times he could have done with my impartiality, if not support.
But he did get the last word and shut me down. Its the greatest regret of mine that he had to die first before I was convinced with evidence that was shoved in my face.
Strangely enough, I always got on well with my father.

It's for this reason alone, I can't ask for, listen to, or want to hear anyone else's explanation for what WE all saw and know happened. I'm not remotely interested in explanations, and being human I can't offer one either. I have something much better than that.
I can think of the likeliest of reasons why and what it means, and probably am correct, but I'm not concerned anymore. I said earlier why people that say there is no God are unfortunate people .......I hope I've said on here why.... because I was one.
I have to add here about your Father, JC, that he was also regarded as a pillar of that local community he served.

He gave jobs to the local youth and didn't see anybody go without. If there were a few unfortunates that didn't have much, he would tip them a wink and tell them not to worry about it.

Without going into detail, it was a place where the younger ones in the area were welcomed if it was freezing outside or tonking down with rain.

I knew a girl who was well down a dangerous path until your Father intervened and gave her a purpose.

Can't remember him ever losing his rag at us and he knew the value of a random act of kindness. Not only was it good for business in creating a customer for life, but it also confirmed that there were good people who didn't just condemn young folk for the sake of condemning them.

Whilst obviously he was a great loss to your Family, his passing was also felt greatly by the community he served for many, many years.

Back