St Patrick's day

I still cant quite understand why St Patrick was so into wild parties one day every year.

Im pretty sure he was sent to complain about all the hostages of High King niall and the oppressive fear he instilled across the brits

But instead of preaching the way the truth and the life he got everybody pissed once per year to celebrate the wearing of the green.

King Niall was Pagan druid warlord with serious streak.

St pat went about dressed as a shepherd telling everybody to get ready for his day once per year where they can get sloshed

Then he had audacity to chuck all the snakes aff the land.

Paganism, atheism and snakes replaced with the drink

English puritans killed the Catholics and banned the saints

The original provos kicked ass and had a happy few days at easter to bring back the way of st pat.

The puritans had become anglicans and opprseeive niall style

But the new saints of the irish kicked those snakes back out the country

But it seems like the snake and the serpent may well be back on the rise.
The one true church of saint pat has been infiltrated by the masonic atheistic conspiracy and the modernist heresey

But the revolution against the revolters has slowly turned more marxist ovr time.

Who won the war when the wall came down.

Soviet policy is almost mainstream worldwide since the soviet lost the war.

Independent MSM is dead

Virtue is dying
Vice is on the rise

Here comes niall and his hostages

Where are you St Pat when we need you.

This good topic was one I looked into on the day and read the first post in same positive manner as how I felt, proud how others around the world self identify.

Thread is well fecked now and some determined just to take the pish, good for them.

Anyway been meaning to ask you to start a topic about faith.

I am not asking so I can destroy or demean, I personally do believe and have faith but not one that is dicated by some book or word of any human.

But lots of questions and you seem to have complete faith and wondered how.

I only ask as you seem able to at least give replies worth considering, but wonder where your points of faith are based on.

anyway another day maybe you might consider opening a thread explaining how and why formal mass is even relevant and how such things as Ciarán of Saigir or a supposed Patrick or Palladius or other of the early Irish church or how the Norman Catholics and pre brit pre reformation extreme anti Irish statutes of Kilkenny and people like devout RC Mary queen of Scots 'the planter' fit in to the story of how always great the church and faith has been for the natives of Ireland.

I ask as someone with faith, someone who prays every day to 'God'
imagine your task with those who pretend and even attend but have no credible faith outside themselves and the badge given to cherish without question or thought.

Would love to read how formality of any religion the dictates of any anywhere credibly adds up

So by your own hand, Jim - your analysis of what it means to be Irish is the last word and those of us in britland have no decisive voice on the matter.

An opinion is an opinion. It's fine that you have one, but you're then denying anyone the right to be critical of Ireland and its own indiscretions.

The point of being a true patriot is not about nationalism, but about carving a future that benefits everyone. Like Scotland, Ireland has been its own worst enemy throughout history. It took a common enemy to unite the counties, but the same former hostilities reared their ugly head within a decade of the Republic.

Should we all just embrace the lucky charms and clover? Should we not be questioning the hazy shades of history in North America and Australasia?

We've been quick to point the finger at british tyranny and bloodlust. Sometimes we have to be a little introspective too.

I'm proud of what Ireland has become and becoming, but that doesn't compensate for some of the shite we inflicted upon each other. Not only North and South, but also East and West and across the globe.

As I mentioned previously, I am Scottish by birth and nature and I am a fierce critic of what Scotland is and what it represents. I am an Irish citizen also and I'll be damned if I don't call out injustices on all sides. I love my countries dearly, but I refuse to be an apologist for either.

Draw the line at that SP.

Soz pal but brits are the terrorists and trouble makers the wotld over in fact down right nasty murdering fkrs.

Never downing the Irish nor Ireland. Its my heritage as it is yours.

HH ☘️

TD, you know well enough that Boab1916 is a man dedicated to the cause
TD, I would love to reply, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the circumstances of another.

I can promise you though, that the person you refer to is well steeped in our traditions and is regarded as such by our friends in Ireland.

There is much we can't discuss on a public forum, but please be sure that the heart is green in that one.
I know nothing about him. If you say he is so steeped in our traditions, then why make the comments that he did?

We are so well informed now,we have information at our fingertips...we can sit at and be clever and no doubt be sincere at what we say here...but I can't help reflect that it was a struggle to live and be employed in this country...I know poverty ,believe me...there was no time nor the means other than to survive,We were held back because of the bigotry and hatred of Irish Catholics in this country.What we had was Celtic Football Club. The most wonderfull football club in the world....and the club gave us a gift ...it held us together!

Last edited:
We are so well informed now,we have information at our fingertips...we can sit at and be clever and no doubt be sincere at what we say here...but I can't help reflect that it was a struggle to live and be employed in this country...I know poverty ,believe me...there was no time nor the means other than to survive,We were held back because of the bigotry and hatred of Irish Catholics in this country.What we had was Celtic Football Club. The most wonderfull football club in the world....and it the club gave us a gift ...it held us together!

Hail Hail it was a struggle for the irish catholic then the catholic for sure

We are so well informed now,we have information at our fingertips...we can sit at and be clever and no doubt be sincere at what we say here...but I can't help reflect that it was a struggle to live and be employed in this country...I know poverty ,believe me...there was no time nor the means other than to survive,We were held back because of the bigotry and hatred of Irish Catholics in this country.What we had was Celtic Football Club. The most wonderfull football club in the world....and it the club gave us a gift ...it held us together!
Hail Hail Frank,never a truer word spoken!
god bless the Celtic family!!!!

Soz pal but brits are the terrorists and trouble makers the wotld over in fact down right nasty murdering fkrs.

Never downing the

Never downing the Irish nor Ireland. Its my heritage as it is yours.

HH ☘️
If by being honest on certain matters is "downing the Irish" then that doesn't leave us much to go on, Maria.

It was Irish folk who were gifted my family's livelihood by the british that forced my family from their land.

The brits lined up the dominoes, it was our neighbours that knocked them over.

I'll question any injustice, Maria........I would like to think you'd do the same

Good point. But theres greedy nasty spiteful people in all walks of life i wouldn’t tar the irish people with the actions of protestants or soup takers or brits relocated.

No i wouldnt do that pal

This good topic was one I looked into on the day and read the first post in same positive manner as how I felt, proud how others around the world self identify.

Thread is well fecked now and some determined just to take the pish, good for them.

Anyway been meaning to ask you to start a topic about faith.

I am not asking so I can destroy or demean, I personally do believe and have faith but not one that is dicated by some book or word of any human.

But lots of questions and you seem to have complete faith and wondered how.

I only ask as you seem able to at least give replies worth considering, but wonder where your points of faith are based on.

anyway another day maybe you might consider opening a thread explaining how and why formal mass is even relevant and how such things as Ciarán of Saigir or a supposed Patrick or Palladius or other of the early Irish church or how the Norman Catholics and pre brit pre reformation extreme anti Irish statutes of Kilkenny and people like devout RC Mary queen of Scots 'the planter' fit in to the story of how always great the church and faith has been for the natives of Ireland.

I ask as someone with faith, someone who prays every day to 'God'
imagine your task with those who pretend and even attend but have no credible faith outside themselves and the badge given to cherish without question or thought.

Would love to read how formality adds up.
Sure anytime my man

Not sure ill have all the answers but willing to share why i beleive when once i was pure hedonist and probably agnostic at best.

The main thing for me is authority.
Now have the hierachy been wise with their authority throughout history.
Probably not.
Have there been some bad leader of the church. i would say very much yes.
But the real catholic saints have always helped bring it back into shape somehow.
HAve these bad popes then made ex cathedra errors with dogma and doctrine?
I dont think they have.
Is faith anti reason. most definately not. Ratio et fides must always be aligned.

But the truth of humanity is there is a war inside every human being
Between carnal man and spiritual man
Feelings and reason
Feelings lead to vice if followed
Reason should lead to virtue if in line with grace and faith

But carnal man is selfish
Spiritual man dies to self
And he needs to do it every day because the inner war is every day.

And all men having a carnal part either submit to their flesh demands or their pride
I am no different to any one else i have my own inner battles which i mostly lose but hopefully over time im gradually getting better at fighting my fight.

And for me the only thing that has ever helped me improve at anything is through faith prayer and hope and charity which i dont think i could have got without grace and prayer for grace. and when i asked for it it seemed to respond.

But still pride of self and carnal desires still win most daily battles unl;ess i pray

And carnal desires come from the animal nature in man, no different to animlas its mine, i deserve, im worth it, whats the harm?

But someimes in prayer i see a different way a better way thats more peaceful and while the war inside goes on, i find some peace and hopefully find my way to carry my cross and pay my spiritual dues as well as my carnal

What is spoirt5ual?

spiritual is domain of soul

lower part of soul or inferior is gut feelings and infused survival which includes all lusts and gluttony desires and sloth
The upper part of the soul is the heart (subconscious mind) and the conscious mind. the heart is all the programmings your senses have taught plus the infused instincts that have been filtered through the ego into the heart. plus all the mechanisms that keep body biochemically and electrically alive.

Heart of individual is full of clutter through bad habits or vices.

The power of the heart or subconscious mind is uch that it deals automatically with stuff to suit the programming of the heart. And that is that hearts culture. Culture can be badly wrong.

The upper or superior partof the soul deals with neocortex functions like intellect will memory etc. but these functions become badly clouded by ourlower nature the guts and also the badly programmed heart.

The will alone cannot unclog the heart but it can easily clog heart further and further

Prayer meditation and studying the lord jesus christs life as seen through his eveangelists opens the superior mind to grace and truth and clarity of vision

but still the programmed heart and the tendency to vice from the fallen nature of man drags the spirit down into ego land.

Hence the need to die to self daily.

And thats where the mass comes into play.

It trully is the body and blood of the new testament. Its spiritual not carnal
It requires you to carry your cross and fight to grow in virtue and the best way to do that as proven by all the siants is the meditations on the life and passion of the way and the truth and the life who is God became a man and now asks us to follow him through his spirit.

The mass is what he requested that we remember him daily and his way to defeat the fallen nature with grace and truth.

which is eat and drink the bread of life and the blood of the new testament which is real food and real drink.

The liturgy of mass is the best practice of prayer life if followed closely and with humble and contrite heart.

The devil can do everything except one thing
He cannot obey authority

Christs way not my will; but thine be done.
Devils way My will be done.

Spirtual warfare is doing the right thing for greater glory of god rather than greater glory ogf my self.

Anyway anything specific you can ask me anytime.

I probably wont be able to convicne you of anything but i will try.

Well I completely understand where JimMc and TD are coming from and this thread was started as a light hearted thread about celebrating St Patrick’s day. SP yes this thread had moved on to other topics but TD had stsrted it as he did about St Patrick and so TD and JMc had every right to continue even after a day to discuss their arguments. There is no time limit surely and who decides time is up on a discussion. I’m well aware that some threads are taken off topic maybe to deflect from certain issues that maybe I know nothing of.

I can only put this quite simply as I’m not so well equipped academically as others in this debate. I’m Irish by decent and when I celebrate St Patrick’s day it’s in memory of the fight my ancestors had for their Faith here in Reformation Scotland. I celebrate that with joy and happiness and that they were strong and passed that down the generations to me. I’m Scottish by birth etc but I will always feel close to my Irish ancestors and their struggle. Maybe some might call it blind faith but if they fought for it then it was worth that fight to pass on.

I was taught well by my Mum about the British establishment and how they attacked the Irish people through so called ‘comedy’ programmes here and ridiculed the Catholic faith endlessly in the 60’s and 70’s tv. We never were allowed to watch them when we were young adults.

Sure anytime my man

Not sure ill have all the answers but willing to share why i beleive when once i was pure hedonist and probably agnostic at best.

The main thing for me is authority.
Now have the hierachy been wise with their authority throughout history.
Probably not.
Have there been some bad leader of the church. i would say very much yes.
But the real catholic saints have always helped bring it back into shape somehow.
HAve these bad popes then made ex cathedra errors with dogma and doctrine?
I dont think they have.
Is faith anti reason. most definately not. Ratio et fides must always be aligned.

But the truth of humanity is there is a war inside every human being
Between carnal man and spiritual man
Feelings and reason
Feelings lead to vice if followed
Reason should lead to virtue if in line with grace and faith

But carnal man is selfish
Spiritual man dies to self
And he needs to do it every day because the inner war is every day.

And all men having a carnal part either submit to their flesh demands or their pride
I am no different to any one else i have my own inner battles which i mostly lose but hopefully over time im gradually getting better at fighting my fight.

And for me the only thing that has ever helped me improve at anything is through faith prayer and hope and charity which i dont think i could have got without grace and prayer for grace. and when i asked for it it seemed to respond.

But still pride of self and carnal desires still win most daily battles unl;ess i pray

And carnal desires come from the animal nature in man, no different to animlas its mine, i deserve, im worth it, whats the harm?

But someimes in prayer i see a different way a better way thats more peaceful and while the war inside goes on, i find some peace and hopefully find my way to carry my cross and pay my spiritual dues as well as my carnal

What is spoirt5ual?

spiritual is domain of soul

lower part of soul or inferior is gut feelings and infused survival which includes all lusts and gluttony desires and sloth
The upper part of the soul is the heart (subconscious mind) and the conscious mind. the heart is all the programmings your senses have taught plus the infused instincts that have been filtered through the ego into the heart. plus all the mechanisms that keep body biochemically and electrically alive.

Heart of individual is full of clutter through bad habits or vices.

The power of the heart or subconscious mind is uch that it deals automatically with stuff to suit the programming of the heart. And that is that hearts culture. Culture can be badly wrong.

The upper or superior partof the soul deals with neocortex functions like intellect will memory etc. but these functions become badly clouded by ourlower nature the guts and also the badly programmed heart.

The will alone cannot unclog the heart but it can easily clog heart further and further

Prayer meditation and studying the lord jesus christs life as seen through his eveangelists opens the superior mind to grace and truth and clarity of vision

but still the programmed heart and the tendency to vice from the fallen nature of man drags the spirit down into ego land.

Hence the need to die to self daily.

And thats where the mass comes into play.

It trully is the body and blood of the new testament. Its spiritual not carnal
It requires you to carry your cross and fight to grow in virtue and the best way to do that as proven by all the siants is the meditations on the life and passion of the way and the truth and the life who is God became a man and now asks us to follow him through his spirit.

The mass is what he requested that we remember him daily and his way to defeat the fallen nature with grace and truth.

which is eat and drink the bread of life and the blood of the new testament which is real food and real drink.

The liturgy of mass is the best practice of prayer life if followed closely and with humble and contrite heart.

The devil can do everything except one thing
He cannot obey authority

Christs way not my will; but thine be done.
Devils way My will be done.

Spirtual warfare is doing the right thing for greater glory of god rather than greater glory ogf my self.

Anyway anything specific you can ask me anytime.

I probably wont be able to convicne you of anything but i will try.

Tet you are truly something else pal ???

Good point. But theres greedy nasty spiteful people in all walks of life i wouldn’t tar the irish people with the actions of protestants or soup takers or brits relocated.

No i wouldnt do that pal
I'll tell my tale one day, Maria.

But it wasn't quite as straightforward as potlickers and proddies.

No nation is immune to the scourge of arseholes, Maria. I've met more than a few that were Irish too.

I'll tell my tale one day, Maria.

But it wasn't quite as straightforward as potlickers and proddies.

No nation is immune to the scourge of arseholes, Maria. I've met more than a few that were Irish too.

Im sure the Irish would agree however its wrong to slate a nation on the actions of a few arseholes.

In my humble opinion.

Well I completely understand where JimMc and TD are coming from and this thread was started as a light hearted thread about celebrating St Patrick’s day. SP yes this thread had moved on to other topics but TD had stsrted it as he did about St Patrick and so TD and JMc had every right to continue even after a day to discuss their arguments. There is no time limit surely and who decides time is up on a discussion. I’m well aware that some threads are taken off topic maybe to deflect from certain issues that maybe I know nothing of.

I can only put this quite simply as I’m not so well equipped academically as others in this debate. I’m Irish by decent and when I celebrate St Patrick’s day it’s in memory of the fight my ancestors had for their Faith here in Reformation Scotland. I celebrate that with joy and happiness and that they were strong and passed that down the generations to me. I’m Scottish by birth etc but I will always feel close to my Irish ancestors and their struggle. Maybe some might call it blind faith but if they fought for it then it was worth that fight to pass on.

I was taught well by my Mum about the British establishment and how they attacked the Irish people through so called ‘comedy’ programmes here and ridiculed the Catholic faith endlessly in the 60’s and 70’s tv. We never were allowed to watch them when we were young adults.
Fair play bigman!

Members online

Latest posts

Back