St Patrick's day

Thanks your too kind. I should change that name but not got a scoobie how to - just one of the drawbacks of being in the older generation technology can prove to be difficult?

Like you, GG, I chose not to use my own name for work reasons and just went for something that wasn't gender specific as I don't think it should matter but when you've been posting a while and folk still call you mate and stuff it's a bit weird. And as it turns out, the ghuys on here have never been sexist like they are on the Celtic Blog where some don't like women to have an opinion.

Ano, that's why it's on General Chat. Folk have been discussing thousands of other topics that aren't football related.
here is chapter 2 of book of wisdom

Quite scarily this book is 3000 years old and its still the same old mantra of the world. Somethings never change sadly.

Wisdom of the spirit is foolishness to the flesh but the spirit should always command the flesh. But its reversed again in post christendom. Christendom is dying and fast. The way of the flesh aka hedonism is back in control.

takes about 2 mins to read
Anyway heres the book of wisdom chapter 2

1 And this is the false argument they use, 'Our life is short and dreary, there is no remedy when our end comes, no one is known to have come back from Hades.

2 We came into being by chance and afterwards shall be as though we had never been. The breath in our nostrils is a puff of smoke, reason a spark from the beating of our hearts;

3 extinguish this and the body turns to ashes, and the spirit melts away like the yielding air.

4 In time, our name will be forgotten, nobody will remember what we have done; our life will pass away like wisps of cloud, dissolving like the mist that the sun's rays drive away and that its heat dispels.

5 For our days are the passing of a shadow, our end is without return, the seal is affixed and nobody comes back.

6 'Come then, let us enjoy the good things of today, let us use created things with the zest of youth:

7 take our fill of the dearest wines and perfumes, on no account forgo the flowers of spring

8 but crown ourselves with rosebuds before they wither,

9 no meadow excluded from our orgy; let us leave the signs of our revelry everywhere, since this is our portion, this our lot!

10 'As for the upright man who is poor, let us oppress him; let us not spare the widow, nor respect old age, white-haired with many years.

11 Let our might be the yardstick of right, since weakness argues its own futility.

12 Let us lay traps for the upright man, since he annoys us and opposes our way of life, reproaches us for our sins against the Law, and accuses us of sins against our upbringing.

13 He claims to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child of the Lord.

14 We see him as a reproof to our way of thinking, the very sight of him weighs our spirits down;

15 for his kind of life is not like other people's, and his ways are quite different.

16 In his opinion we are counterfeit; he avoids our ways as he would filth; he proclaims the final end of the upright as blessed and boasts of having God for his father.

17 Let us see if what he says is true, and test him to see what sort of end he will have.

18 For if the upright man is God's son, God will help him and rescue him from the clutches of his enemies.

19 Let us test him with cruelty and with torture, and thus explore this gentleness of his and put his patience to the test.

20 Let us condemn him to a shameful death since God will rescue him -- or so he claims.'

21 This is the way they reason, but they are misled, since their malice makes them blind.

22 They do not know the hidden things of God, they do not hope for the reward of holiness, they do not believe in a reward for blameless souls.

23 For God created human beings to be immortal, he made them as an image of his own nature;

24 Death came into the world only through the Devil's envy, as those who belong to him find to their cost.

Tet, has anyone ever said to you, my friend, that you’ll get chucked off??

I’d be very interested to know

Tet, has anyone ever said to you, my friend, that you’ll get chucked off??

I’d be very interested to know
No

But the hullabaloo on Cblog coupled with modern world disinterest in these topics plus the fact some people think im on some kind of evangelical crusade.

Im not, I couldnt care what Celtic fans or football fans world view is on religion. I come here for football. My own faith sometimes spills out cause thats what i beleive. But im aware its a tough topic for people generally and it may well prevent people from contributing anything if they think my religious stuff will annoy thgem at some point.

I would like to think it wouldnt have any impact.

Besides the average Celtic fan isnt usually into the topic. And the current scandals involving the hierachy has put bad flavour in mouths all over the world, and itsa controvertial topic at best of times without these revelations involving Bishops and weird cliques and other worldy stuff that has no place in church matters.

Never had direct conflcit with anyone that I know about on here. I suspect that the blokes running the site dont want religion over their site.

I try not to ram it down peoples throat but I know my own limitations and I can sometimes just go on and on and it may well spoil the vibe for genuine football fans.

But on the other side. I wouldnt be true to myself if i kept my views on these topics silent when the Gospel is meant to be shared especially when people have issues that I beleive the Gospel can help.

And particularly the Gospel according to the interpretation of the Church that Christ created and authorised with certain promises and rights.

Not everyone cup of tea though and its a Celtic blog. not an apologetics board.

Its a taboo subject and sometimes its a converation killer but sometimes its a ray of light for a soul here and there.

No

But the hullabaloo on Cblog coupled with modern world disinterest in these topics plus the fact some people think im on some kind of evangelical crusade.

Im not, I couldnt care what Celtic fans or football fans world view is on religion, I sometimes. I come here for football. My own faith sometimes spills out cause thats what i beleive. But im aware its a tough topic for people generally and it may well prevent people from contributing anything if they think my religious stuff will annoy thgem at some point.

Besides the average Celtic fan isnt usually into the topic. Besides the current scandals involving the hierachy has put bad flavour in mouths all over the world, and itsa controvertial topic at best of times without these revelations involving Bishops and weird cliques and other worldy stuff that has no place in church matters.

Never had direct conflcit with anyone that I know about on here. I suspect that the blokes running the site dont want religion over their site.

I try not to ram it down peoples throat but I know my own limitations and I can sometimes just go on and on and it may well spoil the vibe for genuine football fans.

But on the other side. I wouldnt be true to myself if i kept my views on these topics silent when the Gospel is meant to be shared especially when people have issues that I beleive the Gospel can help.

And particularly the Gospel according to the interpretation of the Church that Christ created and authorised with certain promises and rights.

Its a taboo subject and sometimes its a converation killer but sometimes its a ray of light for a soul here and there.

I know TeT, that you are very much live n let live kinda guy.

I enjoy reading your posts so please keep it up.

Athiests have nothing to fear after all they don’t believe therefore can exercise a live n let live policy surely.

HH my good friend. ☘️

No

Im not, I couldnt care what Celtic fans or football fans world view is on religion. I come here for football. My own faith sometimes spills out cause thats what i beleive. But im aware its a tough topic for people generally and it may well prevent people from contributing anything if they think my religious stuff will annoy thgem at some point.

Besides the average Celtic fan isnt usually into the topic. And the current scandals involving the hierachy has put bad flavour in mouths all over the world, and itsa controvertial topic at best of times without these revelations involving Bishops and weird cliques and other worldy stuff that has no place in church matters.

TET your inputs of faith, much as I disagree with a lot of it?, along with Sandman's surreal player ratings are probably my favourite pieces on this forum. Banned? Don't be daft. Stay free?

Last edited:
does anybody think there's an "afterlife", a "heaven", a "hell" , nah neither did ah!!!!

As far as my father's family are concerned (my uncle and aunts) there is irrefutable proof of there being a heaven....AT LEAST.

Throughout my life, from about the age of seven, my father, uncle and aunts, told me of an incident they witnessed (eight of them) regarding my father that they all iterated and re-iterated to me and my own sisters and brothers on over fifty different gatherings or occasions.
They told it to us as if they were reading it from a book, where their uncanny word perfect insistence, heightened even moreso a sincere and unarguable experience.
We are all Catholics with Italian parentage, where most but not all of them were regular church goers.... until that day.
This incident happened in 1938 to my father with four of his brothers and three of his sisters present and all within eye-shot of the event. This was something I took on board but was not allowed to tell anyone outside of the family until my father had passed away.
I did say to them if this experience was true, then you have a duty to tell others about it and let them know how incredible it was. My father, nor his family never at any time sought notoriety nor fame nor anything remotely public which only added to its authenticity.
I knew it to be true anyway because my father bore the 'scar' of it until he died in 1990, and with my entire family witnessing his "mark" all through our lives.
I took a picture of his mark and kept it ever since.

BUT, despite us being reliable witnesses, of his "experience" what lent even further credence of it originally being an unearthly occurrence, was when he died, and my mother had his body brought home to the house in his coffin for a couple of days to pay our final reverence to him before his burial. (This is common with many Catholics in European countries when a loved one is shortly interned).

At the time of his death, and once she had collected herself, my mother noticed almost immediately that his "mark" had completely disappeared. I was informed of this minutes later, at about three am and was at her side in minutes.
Incredible as it appeared to us all, and no amount of surgery or human help could repair this tissue in its 53 years of existence.......it was completely and totally gone, and instantly.
I was not dreaming, drunk nor hallucinating........nor was any of my siblings....but still find this utterly unfathomable today.
I took pictures of this and showed them to his doctors who knew him well then even suggested we've tried to fool them, saying the pictures are definitely not from your father!
This is an admission from them that something unbelievable and inexplicable had happened.

Luckily for over 50 of us including his family friends, in-laws and grandchildren, know that something miraculous had happened to their grand-dad and our father.
Better than that, three of his sons and daughters in law are not Catholics nor religious and are dumbfounded as they themselves knew him alive AND when he was deceased, and now freed from this mark.
There were several other occurrences that happened to him in Italy and New York and are equally baffling, and evidenced by others that I have done my homework on and neither can I give answers to.

It may be a little compliant or obsequious of me to hold back why I say that, but I have had three personal episodes in my life that are utterly unconnected to anything remotely natural nor comprehensible.
No academic or scientific explanations can get close to elucidate a satisfactory interpretation for any of them.

It is not my job, nor for me to convince others, or help them, no matter how unbelievable it appears the existence of God, Jesus or stories about him to be, I honestly don't give a damn nor have a modicum of interest towards anyone regarding my personal experiences nor beliefs.
Whether others go to a better place or not is not my problem and in a strange way don't feel I really care or even if I should help them.
I learnt through time and experience, we can only help ourselves and no-one can ever do it for us.
However, I DO think that it is unfair to be privileged with the events I have been witness to, making it much easier for me to accept the Catholic faith and a better place, than those that have never had that luxury.
When in my teens, despite seeing my father's marked hand for all my life and hearing how it happened, I said to him during a disagreement that I didn't think there's such a thing as the devil or his evil.
He turned to face me with an uncaring and cold forced smile such as I'd never seen from him before nor ever did again and then he said "his greatest trick was to convince you and everyone else that he doesn't exist".
He looked away and out through the window, then said to me "don't drive anywhere for the remainder of today" then went into his room.
I had to go out to pickup college books for the next day from a friend in Broughty Ferry, about five miles away, drove there and stayed at his place 'till eleven pm, when I left.
It was a late warm night in August 1977, Elvis had just died, Dalgleish had left for Liverpool, and I never wore a seatbelt back then....(they were not compulsory 'til Jan 31st 1983) when the traffic lights had just changed and I stopped at the Clepington Road, Forfar Road junction waiting on them going green.
The road was empty during that time, yet the lights stayed red unusually long for at least seven minutes when this lorry came behind me and hit me so hard, my car went through a wall and ended up on its roof in a garden about 22 metres away. (Police measurement). I was knocked out and came to, about 3 or four minutes later, by which time there were home owners and a few coppers trying to get my door open and get me out. My car was on fire, and the stench of petrol was all over the place, so the cops got me out the window as the door was stuck shut. It took me another 3 minutes to get back to normal and realise what had happened. I was completely unharmed, not even a scratch. I've never needed my handbrake when driving and had my foot on the footbrake when the vehicle hit me. The lorry, which was a large Comet Appliances van had also gone through a wall and hit a tree in the garden where the driver was already dead.
It felt like a real comet that had hit me. The Police said he struck me at over 50 mph, to do the damage it did. I wanted to go and see him but they wouldn't let me move and tried to keep me still, then gave me a coffee. I was kept in Ninewells overnight and was back in college for twelve the next day. ........and then, two huge black eyes like a panda suddenly appeared on my face.

My mother had put a set of Rosary beads around the car's gearstick when I bought it, when early the next morning while I was in the ward bed, a visiting Police inspector had said "here's your Rosary beads, they were wrapped around your arm when they got you out" and I had no right to be alive.

I never did get an explanation from my dad why he said that to me that night or did he know what was going to happen. All he did say was "I knew you would be all right".
Stupidly and glibly, I just accepted this from him, without reasoning with him further.
Through the years, I questioned how I could possibly have got out alive from the car, let alone without a scratch and no seatbelt on. Throughout my life my father was prophetically annoying, like no other dad my friends had. His brothers told me he was different after that first incident way back then, and knew things were going to happen long before they did.
Though I didn't take in everything he said, he did say to us to be prepared for anything that will come your way, because I know I've been taken there, and it is worth it. I never asked "where" had he been taken.
In 1965 my brother David was electrocuted while cutting the grass, when my mother said my dad knew and talked about it happening years earlier and then said to her when he himself was going to die. My mum said she always knew this and dreaded it but would never mention it to any of us.
He wrote a letter during the sixties and dated it June 30 1968, to be read to us the day after he was buried, and dated it the day it was to be read ....on the 1st August 1990...(my birthday) proof that he was telling my mother the truth about his knowing when he was going to die and be buried... as he said on his own birthday!
(He died on 24th July 1990 his birthday and was buried on the 31st July 1990, and the letter was read to us the next day 1st August...my birthday)

Thankfully, and despite having a very high IQ, I don't have his abilities to grasp these things nor have I been given a gift to know what is going to happen. But, I DO know I have been given an extended time here when others would not have had.
There have been things that have happened to me in front of my friends, on holiday, in the pub or wherever leaving them lost for words and they still bring these events up to this day. Most of them are irreligious and non-believing people but have no explanation for these things....as do I.
Everything I have said here is as it happened and can be backed up by surviving family and friends.... but as I have said, I neither care nor give an ear to whomever thinks differently........unfair maybe, but I know that two and two makes four...only because I've seen why it does........ others haven't or believe it does ONLY because they've been told so.
So when people say they don't believe in God, heaven, or a future life, I listen and smile, thinking how fortunate I have been to know different.
......and why shouldn't I.

Last edited:
As far as my father's family are concerned (my uncle and aunts) there is irrefutable proof of there being a heaven....AT LEAST.

Throughout my life, from about the age of seven, my father, uncle and aunts, told me of an incident they witnessed (eight of them) regarding my father that they all iterated and re-iterated to me and my own sisters and brothers on over fifty different gatherings or occasions.
They told it to us as if they were reading it from a book, where their uncanny word perfect insistence, heightened even moreso a sincere and unarguable experience.
We are all Catholics with Italian parentage, where most but not all of them were regular church goers.... until that day.
This incident happened in 1938 to my father with four of his brothers and three of his sisters present and all within eye-shot of the event. This was something I took on board but was not allowed to tell anyone outside of the family until my father had passed away.
I did say to them if this experience was true, then you have a duty to tell others about it and let them know how incredible it was. My father, nor his family never at any time sought notoriety nor fame nor anything remotely public which only added to its authenticity.
I knew it to be true anyway because my father bore the 'scar' of it until he died in 1990, and with my entire family witnessing his "mark" all through our lives.
I took a picture of his mark and kept it ever since.

BUT, despite us being reliable witnesses, of his "experience" what lent even further credence of it originally being an unearthly occurrence, was when he died, and my mother had his body brought home to the house in his coffin for a couple of days to pay our final reverence to him before his burial. (This is common with many Catholics in European countries when a loved one is shortly interned).

At the time of his death, and once she had collected herself, my mother noticed almost immediately that his "mark" had completely disappeared. I was informed of this minutes later, at about three am and was at her side in minutes.
Incredible as it appeared to us all, and no amount of surgery or human help could repair this tissue in its 53 years of existence.......it was completely and totally gone, and instantly.
I was not dreaming, drunk nor hallucinating........nor was any of my siblings....but still find this utterly unfathomable today.
I took pictures of this and showed them to his doctors who knew him well then even suggested we've tried to fool them, saying the pictures are definitely not from your father!
This is an admission from them that something unbelievable and inexplicable had happened.

Luckily for over 50 of us including his family friends, in-laws and grandchildren, know that something miraculous had happened to their grand-dad and our father.
Better than that, three of his sons and daughters in law are not Catholics nor religious and are dumbfounded as they themselves knew him alive AND when he was deceased, and now freed from this mark.
There were several other occurrences that happened to him in Italy and New York and are equally baffling, and evidenced by others that I have done my homework on and neither can I give answers to.

It may be a little compliant or obsequious of me to hold back why I say that, but I have had three personal episodes in my life that are utterly unconnected to anything remotely natural nor comprehensible.
No academic or scientific explanations can get close to elucidate a satisfactory interpretation for any of them.

It is not my job, nor for me to convince others, or help them, no matter how unbelievable it appears the existence of God, Jesus or stories about him to be, I honestly don't give a damn nor have a modicum of interest towards anyone regarding my personal experiences nor beliefs.
Whether others go to a better place or not is not my problem and in a strange way don't feel I really care or even if I should help them.
I learnt through time and experience, we can only help ourselves and no-one can ever do it for us.
However, I DO think that it is unfair to be privileged with the events I have been witness to, making it much easier for me to accept the Catholic faith and a better place, than those that have never had that luxury.
When in my teens, despite seeing my father's marked hand for all my life and hearing how it happened, I said to him during a disagreement that I didn't think there's such a thing as the devil or his evil.
He turned to face me with an uncaring and cold forced smile such as I'd never seen from him before nor ever did again and said "his greatest trick was to convince you and everyone else that he doesn't exist".
He looked away and out through the window, then said to me "don't drive anywhere for the remainder of today" then went into his room.
I had to go out to pickup college books for the next day from a friend in Broughty Ferry, about five miles away, drove there and stayed at his place 'till eleven pm, when I left.
It was a late warm night in August 1977, Elvis had just died, Dalgleish had left for Liverpool, and I never wore a seatbelt back then....(they were not compulsory 'til Jan 31st 1983) when the traffic lights had just changed and I stopped at the Clepington Road, Forfar Road junction waiting on them going green.
The road was empty during that time, yet the lights stayed red unusually long for at least seven minutes when this lorry came behind me and hit me so hard, my car went through a wall and ended up on its roof in a garden about 22 metres away. (Police measurement). I was knocked out and came to, about 3 or four minutes later, by which time there were home owners and a few coppers trying to get my door open and get me out. My car was on fire, and the stench of petrol was all over the place, so the cops got me out the window as the door was stuck shut. It took me another 3 minutes to get back to normal and realise what had happened. I was completely unharmed, not even a scratch. I've never needed my handbrake when driving and had my foot on the footbrake when the vehicle hit me. The lorry, which was a large Comet Appliances van had also gone through a wall and hit a tree in the garden where the driver was already dead.
It felt like a real comet that had hit me. The Police said he struck me at over 50 mph, to do the damage it did. I wanted to go and see him but they wouldn't let me move and tried to keep me still, then gave me a coffee. I was kept in Ninewells overnight and was back in college for twelve the next day. ........and then, two huge black eyes like a panda suddenly appeared on my face.

My mother had put a set of Rosary beads around the car's gearstick when I bought it, when early the next morning while I was in the ward bed, a visiting Police inspector had said "here's your Rosary beads, they were wrapped around your arm when they got you out" and I had no right to be alive.

I never did get an explanation from my dad why he said that to me that night or did he know what was going to happen. All he did say was "I knew you would be all right".
Stupidly and glibly, I just accepted this from him, without reasoning with him further.
Through the years, I questioned how I could possibly have got out alive from the car, let alone without a scratch and no seatbelt on. Throughout my life my father was prophetically annoying, like no other dad my friends had. His brothers told me he was different after that first incident way back then, and knew things were going to happen long before they did.
Though I didn't take in everything he said, he did say to us to be prepared for anything that will come your way, because I know I've been taken there, and it is worth it. I never asked "where" had he been taken.
In 1965 my brother David was electrocuted while cutting the grass, when my mother said my dad knew and talked about it happening years earlier and then said to her when he himself was going to die. My mum said she always knew this and dreaded it but would never mention it to any of us.
He wrote a letter during the sixties and dated it June 30 1968, to be read to us the day after he was buried, and dated it the day it was to be read ....on the 1st August 1990...(my birthday) proof that he was telling my mother the truth about his knowing when he was going to die and be buried... as he said on his own birthday!
(He died on 24th July 1990 his birthday and was buried on the 31st July 1990, and the letter was read to us the next day 1st August...my birthday)

Thankfully, and despite having a very high IQ, I don't have his abilities to grasp these things nor have I been given a gift to know what is going to happen. But, I DO know I have been given an extended time here when others would not have had.
There have been things that have happened to me in front of my friends, on holiday, in the pub or wherever leaving them lost for words and they still bring these events up to this day. Most of them are irreligious and non-believing people but have no explanation for these things....as do I.
Everything I have said here is as it happened and can be backed up by surviving family and friends.... but as I have said, I neither care nor give an ear to whomever thinks differently........unfair maybe, but I know that two and two makes four...only because I've seen why it does........ others haven't or believe it does ONLY because they've been told so.
So when people say they don't believe in God, heaven, or a future life, I listen and smile, thinking how fortunate I have been to know different.
......and why shouldn't I.

Any connection to Millers or Belgium?

Members online

No members online now.

Back