stadium upgrade

seven past niven

correct me if i am wrong but the cesspit in govan is registered as a 5 star stadium whereas we are not. this brings me to the argument with regard to stadium renaming rights that has been debated recently. there is no doubt in my mind that the reason for this is the 50 year old main stand which makes the stadium so lopsided it isn't true, and the upgrade therein is long overdue. surely it could be raised to the level of the rest of the other 3 stands without necessarily increasing the capacity more than an extra 5 thousand with the remaining space used for press and corporate facilities which could be funded partly by, if controversially to some, by sponsorship via renaming of the stadium or other sponsorship avenues. its time to get moving with the times and keep a step ahead of the conniving orcs from across the city

correct me if i am wrong but the cesspit in govan is registered as a 5 star stadium whereas we are not. this brings me to the argument with regard to stadium renaming rights that has been debated recently. there is no doubt in my mind that the reason for this is the 50 year old main stand which makes the stadium so lopsided it isn't true, and the upgrade therein is long overdue. surely it could be raised to the level of the rest of the other 3 stands without necessarily increasing the capacity more than an extra 5 thousand with the remaining space used for press and corporate facilities which could be funded partly by, if controversially to some, by sponsorship via renaming of the stadium or other sponsorship avenues. its time to get moving with the times and keep a step ahead of the conniving orcs from across the city
I’m pretty sure from memory what has stopped us from getting 5 star is due to the size of the changing rooms and the fact the team buses have to empty outside of stadium
Mental but true

I’m pretty sure from memory what has stopped us from getting 5 star is due to the size of the changing rooms and the fact the team buses have to empty outside of stadium
Mental but true
you could be right but i seem to remember our team being heckled by the great unwashed outside the main entrance on arrival to play the scum at the gates of hellhouse

From memory its the changing rooms that stop CP being a 5 star stadium. There was a proposal to expand a few years back, and a change to the tunnel to the corner of the Main/Jock Stein stands (like Old Trafford). Even further back there were plans to expand the stadium to 75k by rebuilding the Main Stand similar to the North Stand but they decided it wouldn't be cost affective and the demand wasn't there.
What they should do is rebuild the Main Stand, its now 50 years old and looks it, and rather than increase capacity to 75k, increase it to between 65-70k and increase the hospitality and media facilities, and build a large conferencing facility as well. This would also tie in with the proposals for hotel/museum on the site of the current superstore. Sell the stadium naming rights to pay for the development, Red Bull Celtic Park ;)

From memory its the changing rooms that stop CP being a 5 star stadium. There was a proposal to expand a few years back, and a change to the tunnel to the corner of the Main/Jock Stein stands (like Old Trafford). Even further back there were plans to expand the stadium to 75k by rebuilding the Main Stand similar to the North Stand but they decided it wouldn't be cost affective and the demand wasn't there.
What they should do is rebuild the Main Stand, its now 50 years old and looks it, and rather than increase capacity to 75k, increase it to between 65-70k and increase the hospitality and media facilities, and build a large conferencing facility as well. This would also tie in with the proposals for hotel/museum on the site of the current superstore. Sell the stadium naming rights to pay for the development, Red Bull Celtic Park ;)
You can file those plans next to the Celtic hotel ones 🤣🤣

Anyone able to take a long drag of a rollie, grimace a bit (gaffer pricing a job routine) and guess what the cost would be?
It would take a chunk out of the 17k waiting list.
Conversion/youth books inc if you could get 15k sold at an averaged £450 =£6.75M.
Only recent numbers I've seen are Anfield costing 60-80m to add 7k seats 😲.
Even if we managed to get it done for 80m the board didn't splash for guaranteed CL, can't see them investing if the wait was 10yrs + for a return.

size of changing rooms and media facilities stop it being 5 star oh and the sfa who put murrays shitehole along with that other national dump forward in the 90s ,,but not Celtic park ,this was before the criteria got upped to bus parking inside the stadia

Members online

Back