Stay out of Glasgow city center this Saturday

Why were they having their Pyjama party in September? I’m in Australia, must have missed something. I know the walking deed are stupid but how do they get away with marching in September?

This is just mental. I'm fortunate enough to have never actually seen these ridiculous hate-filled marches of dominance in person as they just don't happen in the parts of Scotland that I've lived in. I can't believe how ludicrous and disgusting they are. They have no place at in modern-day society and should be banned forever.

Last edited:
Why were they having their Pyjama party in September? I’m in Australia, must have missed something. I know the walking deed are stupid but how do they get away with marching in September?
It was because of Covid-19 restrictions, they couldn’t spew their bile all over the streets for the 12th July annual anti-catholic hate fest, had hold the bile in till September, you can tell by the photos that holding all that bile in for an extra 3 months has taken its toll of some of them, particularly they women, they look even uglier than “normal” 🤮

I believe it was the first opportunity after COVID restrictions and probably the first available weekend for sturgeon to attend 😂

It was because of Covid-19 restrictions, they couldn’t spew their bile all over the streets for the 12th July annual anti-catholic hate fest, had hold the bile in till September, you can tell by the photos that holding all that bile in for an extra 3 months has taken its toll of some of them, particularly they women, they look even uglier than “normal” 🤮
It’s not until we can stop wearing masks that we're going realise just how much some people actually did suit wearing them especially at mass gatherings like the zombie walks 😂

All joking aside about the appearances of these people who put themselves on display every year to show their hatred for the Roman Catholic faith and it’s Leader the Pope.
For almost 60 years from childhood to growing up I have watched, listened, laughed at, and have been insulted by their bigotry on display every year through our streets in our city with their drums and flutes.

There have been many occasions when incidents too awful to list here but one of the worst was was back in the 80’s when one of them spat on a wee girl in her first holy communion dress and the distress that caused on what should have been a joyous day I have never forgot.

And now as I’ve moved away from Glasgow and I am not subjected to these marches thankfully but can never forget.
The joke where I live now is that the community council refused to allow a chip shop to open because it would cause a smell to invade the picturesque East Coast village. and…recently the Masonic Lodge was closed and the hall has been bought over by a number of villagers here and is going to be converted into a community space for everyone to get the use of.

I think there is a lesson here that if we had more responsibility/control for each of our areas instead of one huge city council dictating then we might have more of a say over what takes place in our communities, (probably me being naive again) but just thinking ahead of how Scotland could be in a different way and affect how we tackle what seems insurmountable problems.

Ps apologies if boring you all with my early morning/middle of the night musings.

All joking aside about the appearances of these people who put themselves on display every year to show their hatred for the Roman Catholic faith and it’s Leader the Pope.
For almost 60 years from childhood to growing up I have watched, listened, laughed at, and have been insulted by their bigotry on display every year through our streets in our city with their drums and flutes.

There have been many occasions when incidents too awful to list here but one of the worst was was back in the 80’s when one of them spat on a wee girl in her first holy communion dress and the distress that caused on what should have been a joyous day I have never forgot.

And now as I’ve moved away from Glasgow and I am not subjected to these marches thankfully but can never forget.
The joke where I live now is that the community council refused to allow a chip shop to open because it would cause a smell to invade the picturesque East Coast village. and…recently the Masonic Lodge was closed and the hall has been bought over by a number of villagers here and is going to be converted into a community space for everyone to get the use of.

I think there is a lesson here that if we had more responsibility/control for each of our areas instead of one huge city council dictating then we might have more of a say over what takes place in our communities, (probably me being naive again) but just thinking ahead of how Scotland could be in a different way and affect how we tackle what seems insurmountable problems.

Ps apologies if boring you all with my early morning/middle of the night musings.
If that's your idea of boring folk......could I have some more please Rose ? The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that I know there are open minded and tolerant folk like yourself, and I mean on ALL sides of the religious spectrum. Keep saying it, let's all have a good look at ourselves before looking for someone else to blame.

Let's think about how we influence our kids for example. Because this putrid hate starts in the home. I think that's something we would all agree on.

I think Philip Larkin summed it up perfectly.

They fuck you up your mum and dad
They may not mean to, but they do
They fill you with the faults they had,
Then add some extra, just for you.

If they knew their history…

If anyone from the Orange Order can read this don't just call it lies and propaganda it's the bloody truth hate to burst your bubble but this is true.

Those who March and parade in their Orange sashes in praise of their hero King Billy, to celebrate the great Protestant victory at the battle of the Boyne need to know this.

William of Orange was not fighting for the Protestant cause. He was an ally of Pope Innocent XI and his successor Pope Alexander XIII in their struggle against Louis XIV of France under the Treaty of Augsburg. In fact the Catholic Church financed half of his army & military equipment.

The Boyne victory was celebrated as a great Catholic victory and a Te Deum was sung in St Peters in Rome, and in the Catholic cathedrals in Vienna, Madrid and Brussels.

The whole of Catholic Europe except France, rejoiced in William of Orange's victory. As for those Irish Protestants who fought on Williams’s side, how did he reward them?

He forbade them from practising the Presbyterian religion and ordered them to pay tithes to the Anglican Church of Ireland, the Irish version of the Church of England.

This caused such despair among the Presbyterians that they left Ireland in droves and migrated to America.

Thereafter the Presbyterians dropped their bigotry towards Irish Catholicism and when the first Catholic church was built in Belfast it was Protestants who supplied most of the money to build it: about half the congregation at first mass were Protestants.

In the United Irishmen's rebellion of 1798 Catholics and Protestants fought side by side for Irish independence. This terrified the British ruling class, and William Pitt the younger gave the order to split up the Protestants and Catholics no matter the cost.

The governor, Brigadier General Knox replied: "Simple I will use the Orange Order to create division" therefore the Orange Order was used as a tool of the British ruling class to divide and weaken the working class.

That is the true 'heritage' of the Orange Order and probably few of those who March, bang the drums and play the flutes are aware of it.

To this day the Orange Order still creates division on behalf of the British establishment.
They don't even realise that they're celebrating the wrong battle, the battle of the Boyne was fought on the 1st, the Battle of Aughrim, which won the campaign for William, was fought on the 12th.

If anyone from the Orange Order can read this don't just call it lies and propaganda it's the bloody truth hate to burst your bubble but this is true.

Those who March and parade in their Orange sashes in praise of their hero King Billy, to celebrate the great Protestant victory at the battle of the Boyne need to know this.

William of Orange was not fighting for the Protestant cause. He was an ally of Pope Innocent XI and his successor Pope Alexander XIII in their struggle against Louis XIV of France under the Treaty of Augsburg. In fact the Catholic Church financed half of his army & military equipment.

The Boyne victory was celebrated as a great Catholic victory and a Te Deum was sung in St Peters in Rome, and in the Catholic cathedrals in Vienna, Madrid and Brussels.

The whole of Catholic Europe except France, rejoiced in William of Orange's victory. As for those Irish Protestants who fought on Williams’s side, how did he reward them?

He forbade them from practising the Presbyterian religion and ordered them to pay tithes to the Anglican Church of Ireland, the Irish version of the Church of England.

This caused such despair among the Presbyterians that they left Ireland in droves and migrated to America.

Thereafter the Presbyterians dropped their bigotry towards Irish Catholicism and when the first Catholic church was built in Belfast it was Protestants who supplied most of the money to build it: about half the congregation at first mass were Protestants.

In the United Irishmen's rebellion of 1798 Catholics and Protestants fought side by side for Irish independence. This terrified the British ruling class, and William Pitt the younger gave the order to split up the Protestants and Catholics no matter the cost.

The governor, Brigadier General Knox replied: "Simple I will use the Orange Order to create division" therefore the Orange Order was used as a tool of the British ruling class to divide and weaken the working class.

That is the true 'heritage' of the Orange Order and probably few of those who March, bang the drums and play the flutes are aware of it.

To this day the Orange Order still creates division on behalf of the British establishment.
They don't even realise that they're celebrating the wrong battle, the battle of the Boyne was fought on the 1st, the Battle of Aughrim, which won the campaign for William, was fought on the 12th.
Absolute FACT !

You should join the bears den and post it there :)

Not gonna bore the backside off you folks, but a bit of time spent reading up on that whole period gives clarity as to how we've distorted history to suit our own agenda. As the more articulate Glaswegian would say....pure dead mental. For example Willie's missus was his cousin, and his mother and faither in law were Papes. Couldnae a make this crap up. Now, If only Mary would've won the battle of Langside......

This is just mental. I'm fortunate enough to have never actually seen these ridiculous hate-filled marches of dominance in person as they just don't happen in the parts of Scotland that I've lived in. I can't believe how ludicrous and disgusting they are. They have no place at in modern-day society and should be banned forever.
Same here BB. I can only remember one march here in Dundee. (It started in Dudhope Park, Dud-hope very apt!!) It was about 20 years ago. They were west coasters. They marched, they were ignored and, as far as I know, they never came back.
Thankfully it is something that just disna happen here.

:oops: 😖😫 ya big lying fenian yea

you feckin know we cannae read

Same here BB. I can only remember one march here in Dundee. (It started in Dudhope Park, Dud-hope very apt!!) It was about 20 years ago. They were west coasters. They marched, they were ignored and, as far as I know, they never came back.
Thankfully it is something that just disna happen here.
Yeah Richie, back in 1989 I was working in the city centre, on a beautiful Sunday morning in early July on the top floor of Dundee Tayside House Council building (since been demolished) which was the top two floors serving the roads dept for the city.

Asked to come in early, by Mr John Thirde the head of building maintenance I had just started an electrical changeover at about 7:30 am when other guys also working alongside me for BT, flooring, ceiling tiles etc all rushed over to one side of the building to look out of the windows and down16 floors at something ..... and seemed to get excited.

I quickly left the electrical sub in the centre of the floor and went over to check it out and noticed about 50 odd people walking down Whitehall Cres. with their ridiculous and retarded OO banners, colours and warlike depictions of something that happened hundreds of years ago.

But then bizarrely the march went up the steps and into the enclosed flyover with a drummer and two pipers leading 'them' directly in front of our view.
There wasn't a cop in sight and less than 20 onlookers at the roadside who stood motionless ..... as if still asleep...although a few appeared to be giving them the V sign or the bird.

There wasn't the slightest hint of trouble, not even a hun banner or scarf and neither were any Celtic colours in sight.
Very embarrassingly, the marchers re-appeared from the flyover after about 3 minutes to no-one, as the long wait was just too long for these few aforementioned onlookers who had I think left to go home....they maybe even thought the march ended in the flyover!...or likely the barf inducing aroma emanating from the walkers was too un-bear-able!

It was as if the marchers had disappeared off the face of the earth..... for albeit 3 long minutes.
Unfortunately however, they did alight the flyover, then walked along the main carriageway toward what is now the City Quay and then the waterside where the ship the Unicorn is still berthed.
We never saw them come out again.

I suggested either they had all jumped into the water 'Lemming style' never to re-surface,
or just gave up their humiliating low turn out march and slinked into their prairie vehicles..... wagons, or as yet unlicensed and unroadworthy motor homes.

They were never missed and I don't think even the police ever looked for them...such was the level of disinterest in their 'effort'.
I calculated, they began their march about 7:28 am and it ended about 7:37 am...within the same quarter hour ....and that included their "mysterious 3 minute flyover disappearance".

Since that morning Richie, I became a fully paid up member of the Dundee 'Flying Saucer and Aliens are us Club'.........today numbering around 100 million members worldwide...give or take a few dozen or so.

P.S.
An un-named police spokesperson said later that day that they restricted the OO members to an early Sunday morning start so as not to un-necessarily frighten very young children, adults of a weak and fractious disposition and our elderly whom could not be risked exposure to such people and their propensity for appearing as extreme and hideous cartoon characters.

He continued "though it was a serious consideration he was satisfied the need for police and their tactical response teams carrying heavy gauge firearms was cancelled seconds before their marching permit was due to begin".
In conclusion he stated that although they were given an hour long window to 'march' it appeared it was over before the police could muster a roadside cortège facilitating such, and mild surprise that it even went ahead at all.
I assume he was suggesting because there were so few witnesses to the 'march' that it ended before it began!

I never saw nor heard of another OO walk/march in Bonnie since, and glad of that.

Richie, It was undoubtedly a beautiful day in Bonnie Dundee had by everyone but at exactly the same time a washout ......... for some.

:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Back