Steve Clarke Audio Interview

Shocking last night but before we get all perched on the moral high ground we sang the exact same song to Boyd on Sunday. This is why I want us to cut out the singing of these types songs and the IRA stuff, we are put in the same bracket.

It will never happen though but if you read the reports they all quote us singing fat orange bastard. We have a problem being all indignat if we continue to give them ammunition to class us as the same. We aren’t the same, but we need to show that.
It's typical of the West of Scotland, both clubs are guilty of turning a blind eye to sectarianism and bigotry
I don't have the answers, I'm embarrassed by these things & the fact that our club still have these morons in our midst
Rangers are a law unto themselves, they are the Establishment club and unless the Orange Order and Masonic Lodges are banned, they are breeding grounds for this to continue
As I said, I don't have the answers, I hope someone does

Well done Steve Clark ??? It's a brave man who calls out cheating &

Now the rest need tae come out & back him, the difference between finishing 2nd to 6th is a lot of money for the other club's. Possibly Europa Lge place & a domestic cup run can also give them that player who could make the difference for their club both on & off, the pitch.

The Peepul, aren't happy, some on FF want him hung drawn & quartered. So the grand goat can give them more cheated point's.

I think that Stevie bhoy would make a great Celtic manager, should BR be tempted back south. HAIL HAIL ☘️

Smsm spinning it as those bigots on clarke and us on boyd.

Taggin us in wit a joke. Who’s blushes are being saved hmm.

Direct n deflect away fro a certain ref a certain cheating team and a shit f all body

Because someone generously providid their next takeover bid. Ffs.

Ungrateful or wit

Celtic win-10-in-a-row

will kill what's left of that vile zombie club. the sporting wing of the bnp

that's why apart from the bonus money, we should not care too much about Europe for the next few seasons.
The chase will destroy them, the party will vanish them forever.

I disagree. We invest in making us a better Euro team, we roll over the top of them. Let’s not get as unambitous or you will end up on the board.

We get better as a force in Europe we dominate here in a canter. Fuck the lets not bother shite, that leads to going backward. Let’s get better. That’s the Celtic Fucking way.

Ffs! We are Celtic. We strive to get better. Anything else to me is defeatism and that can be got to fuck.

Let’s destroy they bastards by being too good for them and giving us great games in Europe.

The sad thing is that if BR left us and we went in for SC he likely wouldn't take up the offer because of his hatred for the sectarian shite thrown at him. This won't just come from sevco fans as the billy boys routine is belted out at other grounds as well. Now they are saying that crayon Kriss Boyd was at the receiving end of sectarian abuse but I wasn't aware that anyone called him a Protestant bastard, though he is a bastard.

I have few points from the aftermath of last night's game.

Well done Steve Clark. You have got your team to punch above its weight and done so with a no-nonsense but respectful approach. Your reaction to being disrespected for it was clear in your tone of voice. If only we could have seen the press conference when you asked if it was right to be called "a fenian bastard"... I wonder how many of the smsm suddenly decided they had to check if their shoelaces had come undone (even the ones who had slip-ons!).

Sevco opted for a statement today to say it "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox" and that "Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour." What?!?! I believe that my definition of unacceptable differs significantly from sevco's and it hasn't exactly pushed the boundaries of "everything possible" so far... it would be an understatement to say that sevco's efforts so far haven't got out of the centre circle.

Kris Boyd is on his soap box whinging that he was called an orange bastard on Sunday. I don't think it is too wrong to draw a distinction between someone being called an orange bastard which insults an extreme, bigoted faction of anti-Catholics (there could be several religions contributing) and someone being called a fenian bastard which insults an entire religion. It's not the same but I wouldn't expect Boyd to have the brain capacity to figure it out.

The SFA and the SPFL really are not fit for purpose. (How many times have we read that?) A governing body is supposed to be, in my mind, an independent, ethical, independent administrator and arbiter. The SFA isn't. How can the SFA run its own competition when it is run for the benefit of one team and sectarian abuse of anyone who is anything to do with the Catholic Church is considered to be acceptable? Is it possible for us fans to email the UEFA ethics people to try to get them to bring the disinfection squad here because I don't see it happening from the SFA.

Shocking last night but before we get all perched on the moral high ground we sang the exact same song to Boyd on Sunday. This is why I want us to cut out the singing of these types songs and the IRA stuff, we are put in the same bracket.

It will never happen though but if you read the reports they all quote us singing fat orange bastard. We have a problem being all indignat if we continue to give them ammunition to class us as the same. We aren’t the same, but we need to show that.
Well let's be absolutely fair and proper on this.

I've made my declaration as a Celtic man and I have chosen a perspective on many of the associative features based on my culture and heritage.

If anyone wants to call me a "Fenian bastard", then I'll accept that based on my previous declaration.

That fat, fozie, pie-munching orange bastard has made the equivalent declaration based on his kulture and (haha) heritage.

We are both fair game.

Steve Clarke has made no such declaration and therefore should not be expected to stand idly by and accept being referred to that way.

We are what we are and it is what it is!

It's my morality that gives me the moral high ground, not presbytarian entitlement and a nudge to the ludge!

We are NOT and will NEVER be like them, but as you yourself mentioned during the debate on the fan embargo at the midden.......if they're going to give it, then they're going to get some back!

I have few points from the aftermath of last night's game.

Well done Steve Clark. You have got your team to punch above its weight and done so with a no-nonsense but respectful approach. Your reaction to being disrespected for it was clear in your tone of voice. If only we could have seen the press conference when you asked if it was right to be called "a fenian bastard"... I wonder how many of the smsm suddenly decided they had to check if their shoelaces had come undone (even the ones who had slip-ons!).

Sevco opted for a statement today to say it "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox" and that "Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour." What?!?! I believe that my definition of unacceptable differs significantly from sevco's and it hasn't exactly pushed the boundaries of "everything possible" so far... it would be an understatement to say that sevco's efforts so far haven't got out of the centre circle.

Kris Boyd is on his soap box whinging that he was called an orange bastard on Sunday. I don't think it is too wrong to draw a distinction between someone being called an orange bastard which insults an extreme, bigoted faction of anti-Catholics (there could be several religions contributing) and someone being called a fenian bastard which insults an entire religion. It's not the same but I wouldn't expect Boyd to have the brain capacity to figure it out.

The SFA and the SPFL really are not fit for purpose. (How many times have we read that?) A governing body is supposed to be, in my mind, an independent, ethical, independent administrator and arbiter. The SFA isn't. How can the SFA run its own competition when it is run for the benefit of one team and sectarian abuse of anyone who is anything to do with the Catholic Church is considered to be acceptable? Is it possible for us fans to email the UEFA ethics people to try to get them to bring the disinfection squad here because I don't see it happening from the SFA.
Bravo.......brilliantly constructed post, Neil

You don't need to quote the fecking obvious! as if it is a eureka thought!

We all want the moon and more for Celtic.

Does not matter though your or our dreams or ideals as you / we aint on the board!

I'm just talking in the real world, what is actually achievable, the least we should be expectant of in the current circumstances, not wishful thinking of yesteryear or imagined future.

You talk as if PL and DD were not in charge, and that you a care free fan with a magic wallet was and able to change reality of Scotland league and low incomes in 2019 compared to most other leagues in Europe.

Moonbeam tenners.

Also from reading your much repeated views on 'how a supposed minority of Celtic fans are making us as bad as and viewed as bad as them and most importantly in engerland, and correct me if I'm wrong, but how we should not even refer to them as Huns!

We come from different angles, I could not care less about any engerland fan and did not and do not miss the trash old club or want anything to do with the zombie tribute club, a club that you may know or care for the feelings of some fans of. My view is any decent just football fan of theirs can start supporting another team when the zombie institution is finished.
Personally I want the zombie dead club buried, then dug up and sunk at the bottom of the lowest pit of filth and garbage, ideally on another planet.

That institution is extremist perverted brit nationalism at the core, like the sporting wing of the bnp, not to not be excused or dallied or encouraged in any way and so hence
Celtic win-10-in-a-row is all for the next few seasons.
A real prize is insight not some wishful dream
because that prize that reality will destroy them! we would be naïve to not concentrate fully on that as it will take a great effort for a never achieved before prize.
Wow......power to your elbow Jim!

That's some potent brew......you've got my vote!

The backlash from his comments.. in our controlled environment.. will perhaps have a negative effect on him. I hope not, but his emotion showed he had had enough. Killie could sink now if he thinks it's pointless. No doubt folk trying to limit the threat to rangers would realise that. This was always about making rangers get through to the next stage, be interesting to see what stunt the shameless MIBs pull to get past Aberdeen

The backlash from his comments.. in our controlled environment.. will perhaps have a negative effect on him. I hope not, but his emotion showed he had had enough. Killie could sink now if he thinks it's pointless. No doubt folk trying to limit the threat to rangers would realise that. This was always about making rangers get through to the next stage, be interesting to see what stunt the shameless MIBs pull to get past Aberdeen
He looked a bit whipped last night, C64, but you can hardly blame him after that debacle.

I appreciate that it's not necessarily our place, but it would be nice if the GB could perhaps put together a wee message of support for Sunday!

I'll put good money, that SC has the courage to stand on his own two feet, but in the words of the Welsh volunteers in Spain: "if we tolerate this, then your children will be next"

Members online

Latest posts

Back