Steven Fletcher - From 2009/2018

JamesPearson88

Two things bother me about this article
1. Why Steven Fletcher and why now? Only recently been identified and now becomes a solid deal. Ivan Toney was in the pipeline a lot longer. I fully appreciate that Toney could cost us 5+ million and would only be second fiddle to Eddy. Not doubting the lad but hand on heart is the a ten in a row ambition signing? A one year deal. No risk no stress kind of situation. Which makes me rather uneasy.

2. Who said he's answered an SOS? We've got Polish Paddy/Griff. Also, would this signing not suck the confidence out of Klimala. The lad has been doing so well and knuckled down. He's looks the business but needs game time. If Fletcher is Lenny 2nd choice. Then whose 3rd/4th.

This isn't a buying for buying sakes deal. This is a well he's out there, got very good experience and a nice goal ratio. You mean he's free sign me up kind of a deal.

The bollocks we have to go through as Celtic men and women gives me arse ache at times. We need defenders, defenders and a LB. That's where we can obtain the 10 and progress further in Europe. Not this target man, lump up the field Andy Carroll style. That kind of football is so 20 years ago.

Aw naw

Two things bother me about this article
1. Why Steven Fletcher and why now? Only recently been identified and now becomes a solid deal. Ivan Toney was in the pipeline a lot longer. I fully appreciate that Toney could cost us 5+ million and would only be second fiddle to Eddy. Not doubting the lad but hand on heart is the a ten in a row ambition signing? A one year deal. No risk no stress kind of situation. Which makes me rather uneasy.

2. Who said he's answered an SOS? We've got Polish Paddy/Griff. Also, would this signing not suck the confidence out of Klimala. The lad has been doing so well and knuckled down. He's looks the business but needs game time. If Fletcher is Lenny 2nd choice. Then whose 3rd/4th.

This isn't a buying for buying sakes deal. This is a well he's out there, got very good experience and a nice goal ratio. You mean he's free sign me up kind of a deal.
Aw naw

A shrewd signing who is a massive upgrade on Bayo. Offers something different to the other three. A good link up player who would thrive with the likes of Edouard, Elyounoussi, Christie and Forrest playing around him. Watch his link up with Forrest, Christie and McGregor when Scotland beat Albania 4-0. Him and either Ajeti or Toney would be good business. If either of the other two sign then I'd imagine Griffiths will go.

I'm not very impressed - 12 years too late for me, when we pulled out of buying him from Hibs cos we went 7 points clear of deadco so thought the league was already won (it wasn't).

For me he is now to ststic and I'm not sure how he fits our current style, even as a Plan B, C or even Z!

And seeing as he is available for free, he is so desperate to sign for us and we are so keen to sign him then why the hell wasn't this deal completed at the start of July so he could have been part of our preseason training and friendlies? That way he is fully integrated with his new teammates before the sesson kicks off rather than try to bed him in during competitive must-win matches!

But if he joins for the Hoops then he obviously gets my support no matter how underwhelmed I am by his signing!

A shrewd signing who is a massive upgrade on Bayo. Offers something different to the other three. A good link up player who would thrive with the likes of Edouard, Elyounoussi, Christie and Forrest playing around him. Watch his link up with Forrest, Christie and McGregor when Scotland beat Albania 4-0. Him and either Ajeti or Toney would be good business. If either of the other two sign then I'd imagine Griffiths will go.
Who’s kidding who going backwards no for me shocking don’t want to say it but biscuit
tin mentality shocking absolutely, again only my opinion

Relax. Does anyone here really think that Fletcher is The-Celt-Of-The-Future™? If anything, he's a backup for Eddy, Griff, Klimala and Bayo (if he's not offski), and should probably come to the club for peanuts. Signing him is about as exciting as signing an insurance policy, which he is at this point to fill the depth chart.

My uncles told me they were raging when we signed Billy Stark for the centenary year. Fletcher might be a dud for us, in which case he won't play much, or he could be an inspired, low-risk signing who gives us something a bit different against deep-lying defences when we just need to throw it in the box in the last 10 minutes.

Griffs going nowhere

Loads don't get the positives of this...he is a class player even at this age and will bring on our younger strikers no end through his professionalism and his desire to play for the team...I don't see anything other than a positive from this is it does happen.....ask Chris Sutton

Members online

Back