Steven Welsh.

He has done very well I've been inmpressed and you can tell the defence is starting to settle now with clean sheets again. Shame the defence has changed so much, we have missed a fit Julian this season. Julian and Forrest would have made a big difference.

Lets see how Welsh gets on against Sevco a good test to see his progress.

???why wid it not be good business to tie up one of our academy graduates to a longer deal its almost a no lose situation??
Did you read his article?

Was really a decent statistical analysis.

But his conclusion at end says he would keep him as player but questions the decision makers signing a player till 2025 whom a new manager might not rate.

his analysis is purely based on the statistics available on actions in matches, whether those stats are accurate???

I like Welsh, probably more so because he is Scottish and Celtic graduate.

But if the statistics used are correct Welsh needs to up his game aerially in defence while wearing the hoops.

But the writer of the article points out he would rather have Welsh at club fighting for shirt than a foreigner who aint any better getting double or treble his wage.

Personally I prefer Scottish players, I think they try harder in Scottish league and they might not always be technically the best but they more often make up with determination and long term growth and love of our league

But his conclusion at end says he would keep him as player but questions the decision makers signing a player till 2025 whom a new manager might not rate.

his analysis is purely based on the statistics available on actions in matches, whether those stats are accurate???

But if the statistics used are correct Welsh needs to up his game aerially in defence while wearing the hoops.

But the writer of the article points out he would rather have Welsh at club fighting for shirt than a foreigner who aint any better getting double or treble his wage.

Personally I prefer Scottish players, I think they try harder in Scottish league and they might not always be technically the best but they more often make up with determination and long term growth and love of our league
No I never had the time to read it am glad at the end he said we shud have signed him up its very low wages for young up n coming defender for me hes showed hes good enuf so far now with new gaffer we will see if he can take his game on further I hope so its good to have Scottish boys in the squad

TET you know stats are only revelent to a manager in the set up of the team in how he sees it.
The modern game is more based on a possession game than that of a long ball game and just humping a ball into the box and hoping for the best.
At set plays you would expect him to be given a man to pick up and not allowing the free header, weather he wins the challenge of not.
Stats can be very misleading, but with good coaching his game will improve no doubt about it.
I've said before I believe that he would be best suited in the right of a 3 mainly due to the lack of quality our full back's have provided us with getting forward.
But think he will definitely be in a new managers thinking as he has proved himself up to the task of playing in the hoops Jersey, so great bit of business for us imo

Stats can be helpful in some instances but it misses out a lot of qualitative aspects thats hard to put a statistical figure on.

But generally if used correctly can help indicate areas to improve

It’s football we play bobo, not rugby, how big is messi? Or jinky? if you’ve got the talent your good enough, perhaps we should be feeding wee dembele, bucket loads of porridge 🤣🤣
I like young Welsh, but I've already said I don't see him ever being the dominant CB every successful team needs. I do think he has a decent chance in the game, but I also see him losing out too much in the air. No, a CB for me has to be built like Paul Elliot, he simply has to dominate his box, in fact both boxes. As for the Jinky and Messi comparison, well, brilliant as they both were/are, neither could play at CB. Then again, maybe big Paul could've cut it out on the wing ??? Naw. on second thoughts ! All about opinion folks, I hope the kid makes me eat my words.

Back