Stones drummer passes away

Bellshill bhoy

Charlie Watts, legendary drummer with the worlds most iconic rock band the rolling stones has passed away today aged 80, he’s was the backbeat of the stones, one of music’s quiet men
The stones are my favourite band, seen them load of times since the early 80’s, will rise a glass in his memory and put on the greatest hits
May eternal light shine upon him, may he rest in peace
4CA5AA71-DB21-4C09-AA2E-3A4122BAAEED.jpeg

Charlie Watts, legendary drummer with the worlds most iconic rock band the rolling stones has passed away today aged 80, he’s was the backbeat of the stones, one of music’s quiet men
The stones are my favourite band, seen them load of times since the early 80’s, will rise a glass in his memory and put on the greatest hits
View attachment 15472
Saw them at Saint James Park 1982 R.I.P end of an era

View attachment 15472
My all time favourite band
Had every album they ever produced, and saw them LIVE in the States back in the day
Another LEGEND gone
When they played out here, a friend of mine produced the show, and my mate who was in a band, was asked if he wanted to chauffer them around town while they were in town
He's Scottish, and when the boys got introduced to him, Mick said "Hey you're Scottish, this is going to be great !!"
He hung out with them and was able to stand at the side of the side, just offstage, when they were playing the gigs, Keith Richards was smiling and winking at him, he felt like a kid in a candy store, and said it was unbelievable how he came to meet them
RIP Charlie, the quiet man of the band

Last edited:
The late, great Charlie Watts lays down the law to an inebriated Mick Jagger.
Jagger phoned Watts's hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying:

237079494_10160263535420864_5307747762901011945_n.jpg

Used to see the Gizzi brothers often at parkhead, our paths crossed a few times when I was playing in rock bands in the 80’s when they were known as blind allez, then lyin rampant, pinched our guitarist baby Stafford to join them in gun, great days back then 👍

Saw them in Atlantic city were brilliant , you see rock drummers the day belting away then you see old charlie just sittin there calm as you like and producing some amazing beats

Saw them in Atlantic city were brilliant , you see rock drummers the day belting away then you see old charlie just sittin there calm as you like and producing some amazing beats
Charlie would have been the 1st to say he wasn’t a rock drummer, his 1st love was jazz, he’d say he was a jazz drummer playing in a rock band 👍

Back