Strachan Rumours

Larsson, Mjalby would energise
I honestly do think that Larsson will be our future manager simply because of his love for the club, I think it is too soon for him still though . I would like to see Larsson learn his trade properly at Barcelona and time served his return could be a special one for the club. Mjallby is actually imo a contender before henrik but hes been no2/coach and if he came back to us it would have to be as no1. If I had to guess I'd say mjallby at this time more suited for the no1. Scandinavia may hold the keys to the Celtic dressing room again in the future , I wouldnt put it past lustig to be included on that list hes a leader and a personality the dressing room has missed.

I honestly do think that Larsson will be our future manager simply because of his love for the club, I think it is too soon for him still though . I would like to see Larsson learn his trade properly at Barcelona and time served his return could be a special one for the club. Mjallby is actually imo a contender before henrik but hes been no2/coach and if he came back to us it would have to be as no1. If I had to guess I'd say mjallby at this time more suited for the no1. Scandinavia may hold the keys to the Celtic dressing room again in the future , I wouldnt put it past lustig to be included on that list hes a leader and a personality the dressing room has missed.
Releasing Mikel was one of our big mistakes. Like yourself I believe we are still missing his leadership and personality.

It's Celtic though. It's this huge global organisation that folk don't understand the scale of unless they've been part of it in one way, shape or form.

I feel that's why we're more inclined to favour Celtic men for prime posts, because at least they have some understanding of what the expectations are.

Ronnie Deila was a nice fella and seemed to have some really sound principles as a coach. He just had no concept of the magnitude of the job and the scrutiny he would be under on a daily basis.

Jeez, Liam Brady had a stellar career and played for two of the most famous clubs in world football. Guy was completely out of his depth at Celtic and never really recovered.

John Barnes anyone? Even Doctor Jo had us playing some nice football, but nice football didn't win any trophies and second place means resounding failure up here.

You need an ego the size of the Moon to be a good Celtic manager. You have to have complete control of every aspect: players, coaching, transfers, choice of backroom staff etc. You need to be able to fire right into the media corp and governing bodies and you need the platform to call that disease across the city what it is.

We've been spoiled by having the greatest manager in football running our club. There are/were few like him, but he was the gold standard - how was/is any successor going to stand comparison with that.

We've had a few good ones in spite of that, but I still don't see an obvious choice out there that is going to fully acknowledge the scale of the job in the timescale required?

Whoever may be deemed suitable to take the job wouldn't have weeks and months, they'd have hours and days to get it right. That's why I feel that a really strong and vocal assistant to Lenny is currently the best option.

It's Celtic though. It's this huge global organisation that folk don't understand the scale of unless they've been part of it in one way, shape or form.

I feel that's why we're more inclined to favour Celtic men for prime posts, because at least they have some understanding of what the expectations are.

Ronnie Deila was a nice fella and seemed to have some really sound principles as a coach. He just had no concept of the magnitude of the job and the scrutiny he would be under on a daily basis.

Jeez, Liam Brady had a stellar career and played for two of the most famous clubs in world football. Guy was completely out of his depth at Celtic and never really recovered.

John Barnes anyone? Even Doctor Jo had us playing some nice football, but nice football didn't win any trophies and second place means resounding failure up here.

You need an ego the size of the Moon to be a good Celtic manager. You have to have complete control of every aspect: players, coaching, transfers, choice of backroom staff etc. You need to be able to fire right into the media corp and governing bodies and you need the platform to call that disease across the city what it is.

We've been spoiled by having the greatest manager in football running our club. There are/were few like him, but he was the gold standard - how was/is any successor going to stand comparison with that.

We've had a few good ones in spite of that, but I still don't see an obvious choice out there that is going to fully acknowledge the scale of the job in the timescale required?

Whoever may be deemed suitable to take the job wouldn't have weeks and months, they'd have hours and days to get it right. That's why I feel that a really strong and vocal assistant to Lenny is currently the best option.
Connor McGregor

hes loud and seems quite strong?

Connor McGregor

hes loud and seems quite strong?
If we're going doon that road, let's bring in Tyson Furey.

He's got a fair stripe of the old country about him and he'd likely square-go the entire hun horde before his next title defence.

Big fella knows how to get his arse off the canvas and win too.

Not sure if he'd get all his entourage and bling in the dressing room though.

If we're going doon that road, let's bring in Tyson Furey.

He's got a fair stripe of the old country about him and he'd likely square-go the entire hun horde before his next title defence.

Big fella knows how to get his arse off the canvas and win too.

Not sure if he'd get all his entourage and bling in the dressing room though.
tyson is the king of the gypos

be risking him kissing the players if they dont get better

Back