Strachan Rumours

This defo...its clear to one and all we need gutted from top to bottom I can't see the board appointing someone else because of the spectre of the 10 hanging over the club wit if the new guy disnae win the league either next summer wid be brutal for new guy trying to build a new team no matter wit we must soldier on the now way wit we have and big changes and fresh start in summer is wit I'd do anyway
Then allow them an even greater chance of title number 2.. Would much rather get a new guy in now and a settled team in time for next season

This defo...its clear to one and all we need gutted from top to bottom I can't see the board appointing someone else because of the spectre of the 10 hanging over the club wit if the new guy disnae win the league either next summer wid be brutal for new guy trying to build a new team no matter wit we must soldier on the now way wit we have and big changes and fresh start in summer is wit I'd do anyway
So stick with Lennon and hope every weekend we turn the corner ..might be too late by then.I'd change it now but only my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is the best we can do, then all hope for 10iar is gone.

Eddy Howe would be a good approach, but would need time to work. Think it would be a case of trial and error until he got things fully under control which would be ok of we're willing to forget about this season and focus on getting ourselfs full-strength for next. Personally, I think this could be our best option. Nobody we can bring in now would make me confident of repairing the damage in time to save 10iar, but if we don't do anything they'll be looking good for next seasons title as well.
Right now I'd let my missus manage Celtic till the end of the season. She takes no shit and would have them organised🤣🤣🤣

I think it would get us functioning properly as a team till end of the season. My hope is Lenny walks for the good of the team. Do the right thing.
I think if your in the management game you'd have to have a lot of self belief and while it doesn't look like he has the answers needed, shirking from a challenge isn't a trait of the man we've all come to love as one of our own. But no man is bigger than the Club.

Last edited:
I'd take Eddie Howe any day. A fantadtic coach who builds exciting teams on a relative shoestring through good coaching. Roy Keane is a definite no for me.

I wasn't a fan of Lenny getting the job full time but he managed to save the season when BR sneaked off and has won every domestic trophy since so I was wrong - but we are now seeing the management style I feared. Its like he lost all momentum during the lockdown and just can't get it back. Lennon will always be a Celtic legend for me for all he has achieved as a player, captain and manager, but should be coming to an end very soon which is a shame as I really wanted him to deliver 10IAR but it looks beyond him now

Well if its a choice between Strachan and Lennon ...............
WGS took the helm at Celtic and immediately had to downsize losing Sutton, Valgaeren, Lambert, MacNamara, Douglas, Bellamy, Varga, Laursen, replacing them with Telfer, Virgo, Du Wei, Camara and luckily for us Boruc, Naka and Zurawski and not only pulled us back from the financial abyss but won three titles and restored our European reputation AND our finances also," Ah but that wee bastards never a f*ckin' Sellick man" " See that photie ae him in the dugout at Greyskull wi' that c*nt McLeish" " how many Sellick players did the wee c*nt get sent aff when he wiz wae the Sheepies " . THATS THE KINDA SHITE I WAS LISTENING TO EVERY WEEK - WHILE WE WERE WINNING TITLES AND QUAIFYING FOR THE LAST 16 IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !!! If Lenny has to go we need someone with tactical nous and the mental strength to cope with our bile and he'd be my choice 🍀 🍀 🍀

WGS took the helm at Celtic and immediately had to downsize losing Sutton, Valgaeren, Lambert, MacNamara, Douglas, Bellamy, Varga, Laursen, replacing them with Telfer, Virgo, Du Wei, Camara and luckily for us Boruc, Naka and Zurawski and not only pulled us back from the financial abyss but won three titles and restored our European reputation AND our finances also," Ah but that wee bastards never a f*ckin' Sellick man" " See that photie ae him in the dugout at Greyskull wi' that c*nt McLeish" " how many Sellick players did the wee c*nt get sent aff when he wiz wae the Sheepies " . THATS THE KINDA SHITE I WAS LISTENING TO EVERY WEEK - WHILE WE WERE WINNING TITLES AND QUAIFYING FOR THE LAST 16 IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !!! If Lenny has to go we need someone with tactical nous and the mental strength to cope with our bile and he'd be my choice 🍀 🍀 🍀
Excuse the rant my spirit is low 😂😂😂

I've said before, with the passing of time, WGS has grown on me.
As you say, he had budget cuts to deal with and actually did a pretty remarkable job considering.
Players seem to love playing for him.
He's not the box office appointment we crave, but if it was him to the end of the season, he knows the team/players and whats required to be a successful manager.
Sounds uncannily like history repeating itself

Strachan makes to bones about him not being a Celtic man - but that changed when he joined us. If you've listened to him speak lovingly about the club then you know that it is in his heart now. But I'm not sure he is the right choice to replace Lennon (especially if his son is seen to be one of the problems and there may be ill-feeling already between him and certain players).

I'd take Eddie Howe any day. A fantadtic coach who builds exciting teams on a relative shoestring through good coaching. Roy Keane is a definite no for me.

I wasn't a fan of Lenny getting the job full time but he managed to save the season when BR sneaked off and has won every domestic trophy since so I was wrong - but we are now seeing the management style I feared. Its like he lost all momentum during the lockdown and just can't get it back. Lennon will always be a Celtic legend for me for all he has achieved as a player, captain and manager, but should be coming to an end very soon which is a shame as I really wanted him to deliver 10IAR but it looks beyond him now
I'm not sure about the Lenny saving the season part, Bridie. Could've probably went on to win it without anyone in the job that year. Rodgers might be considered a rat for the way he left, but he left us in good shape. The speed at which that has been ripped apart by Lennon is something to behold though.

Strachan makes to bones about him not being a Celtic man - but that changed when he joined us. If you've listened to him speak lovingly about the club then you know that it is in his heart now. But I'm not sure he is the right choice to replace Lennon (especially if his son is seen to be one of the problems and there may be ill-feeling already between him and certain players).
Funny as fuck if WGS took over and sacked his son🤣

I'm not sure about the Lenny saving the season part, Bridie. Could've probably went on to win it without anyone in the job that year. Rodgers might be considered a rat for the way he left, but he left us in good shape. The speed at which that has been ripped apart by Lennon is something to behold though.
To be fair to Lennon, we had 2 massive away games in Edinburgh in the cup and league that were must win with no time to prepare. We won them so I'll give him credit for that. But you are right in that the speed of drop-off initially in performances and latterly in results has been astonishing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back