Strachan Rumours

You better be wrang mate
O'Neil is past it , couldn't cut it with forest, would represent another backwards step to me. Had great times in the past at CP but should remain there. I personally dont think lennys time is up , if it is, it should not be mon and roy Keane is unreliable and likely to walk out. Would rather see jack ross or another younger man, lots of talk about Howe but I dont think hes finished just yet in England hes still one of the best managers English football has to offer.

O'Neil is past it , couldn't cut it with forest, would represent another backwards step to me. Had great times in the past at CP but should remain there. I personally dont think lennys time is up , if it is, it should not be mon and roy Keane is unreliable and likely to walk out. Would rather see jack ross or another younger man, lots of talk about Howe but I dont think hes finished just yet in England hes still one of the best managers English football has to offer.
Most big name managers need big name players to be instant success

we cant afford big name players

I'd agree that Howe then Ross would be my preferred choices at this time.
It all comes down to how much will DD pay. When he brought in Rodgers he was hurting bad at the time, knew he had to get better of the huns or his reputation was in shreads. Surely he's hurting more now. He has to get in big name now to save our season . He's got to supply the manager with the best tools for the job. I'd like to see a Ponchettino or Conte someone of that ilk. ☘️☘️

It all comes down to how much will DD pay. When he brought in Rodgers he was hurting bad at the time, knew he had to get better of the huns or his reputation was in shreads. Surely he's hurting more now. He has to get in big name now to save our season . He's got to supply the manager with the best tools for the job. I'd like to see a Ponchettino or Conte someone of that ilk. ☘️☘️
Looks like DD and Co. aren't hurting that bad.

I'm so depressed when it comes to Celtic just now that I put off my daily fix of Celtic News for as long as I can. This afternoon I finally sat down with my usual coffee, opened my Google feed and seen a story about Keith Jackass talking about Strachan getting the job. Now I know it's probably bullshit, but given the way this year has been, you never know.

What's your thoughts on it?

If there is any truth in it, it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

That's thinking too high , Rodgers had the background it was an easier sell. Those guys are the very top champions league level managers 100% no chance they'd consider it , need an out the box type who sees Celtic as a European project if it's to be a proven top manager, Benitez appears to tick that box but does the SPL tick his ? Doubt it.

I would rather have Wee Gordy than Roy, mind you I'd rather have Mourinho than Roy K and I've already said I would never be back if Jose gets our gig.

In Neil we trust it is then 👉🙄👈
Reality of it.
Likely not matter who come in this late.
They might not do any worse, but they'd need at least a couple of quality players in & that cant happen b4 2021 (just b4 close of window if pistol does his usual)

This was a mad season for any manager B4 pandemic, but now it's just a single match drawn or lost & pressure piled on immediate.

I would rather have Wee Gordy than Roy, mind you I'd rather have Mourinho than Roy K and I've already said I would never be back if Jose gets our gig.

In Neil we trust it is then 👉🙄👈
I would never trust Roy Keane as a manager of Celtic he has never shown any talent beyond a number 2 and I'd accept him as a no2 in a heartbeat, he would quit at the first sign of trouble, theres no chance of keane staying around if fans dont like his style , and if he got a lenny style banner hed be on a plane south the same day

Right now NFL is basically on his own & taking all flak, when all the fault lines are PL sanctioned if not designed.

Eddie howe! a novice who did not do so well in his short term at burnley & was sacked by bournemouth! Mowbray was also english championship promotion end quality! but was destroyed trying to manage Celtic. Next season someone like him poss, but a massive risk right now.

More realistic chance of turning this season around by providing NFL (a proven past winner) with assistant(s) of his own choice.
Even having WGS imposed alongside could work, sure b no worse than Pistols current assembled, seated 3 meters apart come matchday.

WGS is logically a very likely addition, PL's buddy & NFL would b able 2 keep his pride & say it was the plan, just like he knew to do with the arrival of (sacked by west brom) nicky hammond, like JK & WGS jr, not a single one being a NFL choice. (yet he gets all flak)

NFL & WGS & 3 quality signings (Forster or similar & 2 core defensive midfielders would win 10IAR for Celtic.

Just my opinion but I think Jack Ross is mince threw away a 2 goal lead v us and had to rescue a point last night at Easter Road, not good record.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back