Strange request re67

Found this....Less than 24 hours after their 2-1 victory over Inter Milan in Lisbon, the players, management and officials flew back to Abbotsinch Airport and held a victory parade ... on the back of a converted coal lorry.

So the date for the coal lorry would be 26th May.....

Does anyone know the exact day,date of when Celtic paraded around Celtic Park with the European Cup on the back of a coal lorry?I'm doing a eulogy at my uncle's funeral&need the date
It was before I was born, but this website selling photos suggests it was 26th May 1967.

Does anyone know the exact day,date of when Celtic paraded around Celtic Park with the European Cup on the back of a coal lorry?I'm doing a eulogy at my uncle's funeral&need the date
I have a book of Celtic newspaper reports dating back to 1925. I have the front page of the Daily Record from Sat May 27th 1967 the day after the Paradise parade. There is a good photo of the team and trophy on the back of the lorry.
I have taken a photo of it. If you zoom in it’s readable.
I tried to upload it here but says the file is to big.
If ye have an Apple device I can send the photo via Messanger. If not I can E mail the photo to you. PM me with your Apple address or your e mail and I will send it to ye man.

I have a book of Celtic newspaper reports dating back to 1925. I have the front page of the Daily Record from Sat May 27th 1967 the day after the Paradise parade. There is a good photo of the team and trophy on the back of the lorry.
If ye have an Apple device I can send the photo via Messanger. If not I can E mail the photo to you. PM me with your Apple address or your e mail and I will send it to ye man.
I've got the pics mate,thanks for your help

The best guess I can give you is that it was about 5/6weeks after the final and they had all the Cups on the back of the wagon the main stand was sold out I was with my Sister and Brother in law remember it well but sorry not the date

eckgcfImlOJmRceTa0zmAw271627

States following evening so should be 26th

I watched the game on the tele.....next day....I sort of remember the lorry....maybe it was on the news....Can you mind if it was on the tele 50.....maybe it was the newspaper I saw it........Live tele had just come oot... ;) ......
Watched it on our black & white TV
Was supposed to be in Lisbon but that week came down with chickenpox, so couldn't go...FS !!!
Next day on my way to school, had to dodge more than a few TV's which had been thrown out by those of the Hun persuasion in our neighbourhood
To be honest, I doubt we'll see any Scottish club bring 'Big Ears' back to Scotland after winning it
YNWA

I watched the game on the tele.....next day....I sort of remember the lorry....maybe it was on the news....Can you mind if it was on the tele 50.....maybe it was the newspaper I saw it........Live tele had just come oot... ;) ......
Not sure about it being shown live, but definitely on the news reels and I remember seeing what I take to be a cine camera version later on and seeing myself but haven't ever seen it since.

Members online

Latest posts

Back