Striker needed in January

Wages? For one, the other who can predict the mindset of anyone?.
Performances like that will put Fraser back on the radar of EPL clubs. If he doesn't have a number one offer I think he would maybe take less money to have a meaningful finale to his career. He's a rich man now and maybe legacy means a bit more than loot. Here's hoping anyway.
That being said if a Sevco implosion ushers in a new era of austerity it will be Scott Bain and some journeyman who will make us nostalgic for Dorus De Vries.

Look for a loanee from France or England who's needing game time. That will get us through tae May, then bring in a name in the summer or if right player available in January fine, Big Cosgrove a good shout or Shanklan & FFS get Griff fucking sorted
People slag Cosgrove, but on a Celtic team, I think he'd score a load of goals
If he's OK, with playing behind Eddie, I'd give him an opportunity
Being a part of history with Celtic or going to a lesser light in England, easy choice for me
HH

People slag Cosgrove, but on a Celtic team, I think he'd score a load of goals
If he's OK, with playing behind Eddie, I'd give him an opportunity
Being a part of history with Celtic or going to a lesser light in England, easy choice for me
HH
My Aberdeen supporting pals don't really rate Cosgrove, despite all his goals. I'm not sure he is fast or skillful enough to fit in with our style of play. He might get a few goals from crosses into the box from the full backs, and maybe that is a Plan B option against teams that sit deep parking the bus.

I suspect Shankland fits our buy young to sell-on model better anyway, so wouldn't be surprised to see him come in with maybe Bayo going the other way on loan until the end of the season. Or more likely a young French or English striker may join us on loan until the end of the season.

Either way, playing an out of position winger as a lone striker must cease immediately. I'd rather promote Afolabi into the first team than play Morgan there again. At least he appreciates the positional play required of a forward.

Fair comment
I've watched him on TV for the last couple of seasons and he knows the SPFL and it's rough and tumble style of play (for me, it's a case of horses for courses) not saying he's top class, but might be a useful addition, to fill a role, working with better players at Celtic, big centre forward, who can handle the game, north of the border
I agree, Lewis Morgan as a centre forward, doesn't work
Don't know the boy Shankland, or who we have up and coming from the academy, but I believe we'll bring someone in who has the qualities to help us win the league again
It'll be an interesting transfer wndow and hopefully, we do as well in this one, as we did in the last
What a great time to be a TIM
HH

Afolabi should/will get his chance now he has returned from injury. He should be 3rd pick, the promising youngster behind Eddy and a new back up to Eddy. We need someone in place for European qualifiers next summer, even is Eddy stays for another season he will miss the qualifiers due to Olympics. A striker is the priority in January.
Bayo not the answer just now, if at all, send him out on loan in January to get game time. Griffiths I’m afraid has no future at the club, a shadow of the player he was (understandable given what he’s been through).

I don't think we will spend millions but we definitely need an experienced striker to help us over the line come January? Will possibly be a short term deal....who do you fancy within reason? Bearing in mind they will more than likely play second fiddle to Eddie!!

Shane Long? For me he fits the short term bill
I think that were going bayo a disservice as hes impressed when hes been on the park I believe that a fit bayo with minutes under his belt can do the job he was bought for. Obviously his injuries are a problem but give the bhoy a chance also let's see if Griffiths can return to the griffiths of old HH

My Aberdeen supporting pals don't really rate Cosgrove, despite all his goals. I'm not sure he is fast or skillful enough to fit in with our style of play. He might get a few goals from crosses into the box from the full backs, and maybe that is a Plan B option against teams that sit deep parking the bus.

I suspect Shankland fits our buy young to sell-on model better anyway, so wouldn't be surprised to see him come in with maybe Bayo going the other way on loan until the end of the season. Or more likely a young French or English striker may join us on loan until the end of the season.

Either way, playing an out of position winger as a lone striker must cease immediately. I'd rather promote Afolabi into the first team than play Morgan there again. At least he appreciates the positional play required of a forward.
I think youve a soft spot for the Dons 🐑

I think youve a soft spot for the Dons 🐑
I've a saft spot for Morelos
060203_Clara_Bog_blocked-drain-072-1.jpg

Back