Sturgeon to resign...

In what seems like an eternity ago, I had more than a few political 'discussions' with NS. At that time we were on different sides. We were both no more than footsoldiers'. In those days my heart and soul belonged to The Labour Party. Then along came Blair......another story !
I found her to be honest, courteous, and hugely aware of the many problems facing everyday working people.
As time passed I began to realise my beloved Labour Party had morphed to become a different version of the British Tory establishment. I reluctantly had to leave the party as a matter of conscience.
I like Nicola: both as a person and politician. I for one am sorry to see her take this decision ( if in fact true) . But I actually had a feeling in my water that it was coming.
Eight years of constant abuse from the vermin in the unionist press would take its toll on anyone.
The dream of self determination will never die.

As always, total respect to those amongst you who don't share my views.

What she tried to do to Alex Salmond was despicable. She appointed a judge with known Unionist views to decide whether we needed Westminsters permission to be free, can you guess what the Unonist judge ruled?. The whole Transgender thing is a smokescreen….the Rich are robbing us blind and politicians argue about where people can take a piss. All designed to chase folk away from the Independence movement.
A senior Pro Sturgeon SNP Westminster MP (who is also very close to the intelligence services) fell for a Phishing scam and had all his e mails stolen last week. Former Ambassador Craig Murray has seen them and is currently seeking legal advice as to whether he can publish them without being prosecuted.
Kate Forbes is being touted as a new SNP leader……she is religious and a prominent member of The Free Church of Scotland.
If I was the paranoid type I’d swear half the SNP are British agents determined to kill the independence movement.

As a lifelong Labour Party supporter till the Labour Party was elected to power which was the first time in my working life I was full of hope that they would reverse most of the wrongs of the Tories mainly the Trade union reforms. Which never happened.
Caused me to look elsewhere and even that took me 20 odd years till I finally voted for The SNP. I’ve never taken too or liked A Salmond. To me a smug prick.
But I found Nicola someone I could vote for
And I’ve found her to be an good Leader
Mistakes yes but for me she’s got integrity
She will be a hard act to follow
Good luck in your future NS 👏👏

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👏

What she tried to do to Alex Salmond was despicable. She appointed a judge with known Unionist views to decide whether we needed Westminsters permission to be free, can you guess what the Unonist judge ruled?. The whole Transgender thing is a smokescreen….the Rich are robbing us blind and politicians argue about where people can take a piss. All designed to chase folk away from the Independence movement.
A senior Pro Sturgeon SNP Westminster MP (who is also very close to the intelligence services) fell for a Phishing scam and had all his e mails stolen last week. Former Ambassador Craig Murray has seen them and is currently seeking legal advice as to whether he can publish them without being prosecuted.
Kate Forbes is being touted as a new SNP leader……she is religious and a prominent member of The Free Church of Scotland.
If I was the paranoid type I’d swear half the SNP are British agents determined to kill the independence movement.
A big part of me agrees with you on the Salmond issue Richy, but I really do feel it was a no win situation for her. Any other course of action would've been gleefully used by the establishment press as an example of some kind of skullduggery; the headlines would've been all about perceived cover-up.

As I said, my feeling was that a change was coming. PS finished the book, I'll send I'll send it this week.

A big part of me agrees with you on the Salmond issue Richy, but I really do feel it was a no win situation for her. Any other course of action would've been gleefully used by the establishment press as an example of some kind of skullduggery; the headlines would've been all about perceived cover-up.

As I said, my feeling was that a change was coming. PS finished the book, I'll send I'll send it this week.
I'm not big on politics Frank and feel very detached from all of it so I'm no expert on it but it does or did seem to me at least that she was stumbling from one PR disaster to another with the frequency of stumbles increasing.

From her interventions into football, the salmond thing, the ridiculous trans issues lately and Westminster overturning the Scottish government, could list a lot more than that, it seems that she's become a side show and now can't promote the independence issue.
People have lost their confidence in her.

Can't deny she's probably the most successful politician of her era despite no independence, like salmond before her its a big ask to replace her.

Must admit to being pissed off with many of the things going on around her in recent times.

I'm not big on politics Frank and feel very detached from all of it so I'm no expert on it but it does or did seem to me at least that she was stumbling from one PR disaster to another with the frequency of stumbles increasing.

From her interventions into football, the salmond thing, the ridiculous trans issues lately and Westminster overturning the Scottish government, could list a lot more than that, it seems that she's become a side show and now can't promote the independence issue.
People have lost their confidence in her.

Can't deny she's probably the most successful politician of her era despite no independence, like salmond before her its a big ask to replace her.

Must admit to being pissed off with many of the things going on around her in recent times.
It is extremely difficult to not go from one PR issue to the next when every single newspaper except one, plus the tv media (especially the state broadcaster funded by us) are 100% opposed to you and their entire agenda is based around shit-stirring and fabricating "problems" every single day!

A few years back I read about the BBC had requested 44 Freedom of Information questions that were anti-SNP/anti-Scottish Government. In that same time period the same BBC had made ZERO FoI requests for issues related to the Tory run UK Government - despite there being many clear cases of corruption and wrong-doing in that place.

It is extremely difficult to not go from one PR issue to the next when every single newspaper except one, plus the tv media (especially the state broadcaster funded by us) are 100% opposed to you and their entire agenda is based around shit-stirring and fabricating "problems" every single day!

A few years back I read about the BBC had requested 44 Freedom of Information questions that were anti-SNP/anti-Scottish Government. In that same time period the same BBC had made ZERO FoI requests for issues related to the Tory run UK Government - despite there being many clear cases of corruption and wrong-doing in that place.
True its difficult against a hostile media, (as Celtic fans we know this only too well.)
Going from one political issue to another, shouldn't necessarily translate into going from disaster to disaster, she hasn't helped herself and recently it's been one f**k up after another.

True its difficult against a hostile media, (as Celtic fans we know this only too well.)
Going from one political issue to another, shouldn't necessarily translate into going from disaster to disaster, she hasn't helped herself and recently it's been one f**k up after another.
I'll disagree with you about her going from one f**k up after another.

I have never been a member of any political party and I don't agree with every policy any have, but I also don't believe the constant stream of bullshit emanating from our very biased media.

331436411_897055254850361_3882262573859075620_n.jpg

In what seems like an eternity ago, I had more than a few political 'discussions' with NS. At that time we were on different sides. We were both no more than footsoldiers'. In those days my heart and soul belonged to The Labour Party. Then along came Blair......another story !
I found her to be honest, courteous, and hugely aware of the many problems facing everyday working people.
As time passed I began to realise my beloved Labour Party had morphed to become a different version of the British Tory establishment. I reluctantly had to leave the party as a matter of conscience.
I like Nicola: both as a person and politician. I for one am sorry to see her take this decision ( if in fact true) . But I actually had a feeling in my water that it was coming.
Eight years of constant abuse from the vermin in the unionist press would take its toll on anyone.

well put Frank, thoughtful and personal..

my view is based on my own opinion, with these things, i go by my own gut, not others

NS was an exceptional leader, a world class politician, shown through COVID when she really embarrased many others in a similar position. Yes there were mistakes but the pandemic had no playbook to follow.

Over a period of time though, she could be got at through the lack of depth in her party. Their failures in govt. became hers and she had to play the politician in defence.
After 8 years in charge, it became rather tedious. After so long in charge and through her success in elections, she became the target rather than the party and ultimately she became a divisive figure across the opposition and their people. Everyone but her own hated her.

i'll be honest and say she was the best of a bad bunch, but i recognise she was a proven winner and leader whether you agreed or not

i suspect she will be a tough act to follow and the next leader is inheriting a poisoned chalice. given the candidates to declare, the SNP will suffer a decline of sorts as none come anywhere close to her political ability

Last edited:

I had the same problem in Australia with Bob Hawk he was so right winged that Murdoch supported him again and again & we all know who Murdoch wants as Prime Minister he get thru his media empire. Evil man.

Back