Suggested Transfers

I just don't know where the money goes. Feel like we have generated a huge amount over the years and it hasn't been reinvested!

We've been light at CH for at least 3 windows....there seems to be a lack of imagination, proper scouting and a willing news to spend adequate money. Blame shared all round.....after the last two seasons pumping in Europe defensive organisation and reinforcement both required.

Completely agree. Seems like the manager and Lawwell have to shoulder some of the blame. Dont get me wrong on the whole they have done great jobs but the transfer activity is a real concern. Park was able to unearth some absolute gems in the past. I wonder what Congerton is doing!

the celtic board have been dragging there heels long enough and taking the fans for granted.
They ARE taking us for granted its as plain as the nose on the end of your face!! " straight CL windfalls. 2 record ST sales, 9 Strips launched in 3 years plus the rest..yet we scrape for bargains and loans and some of the signings that have been made have been bloody woeful to say the least!!
Constant requests from the club to buy this purchase that!

Youve also got to level some of the blame not only at Congerton (fuck knows what he can see) but also at Rodgers for allowing this to happen

Worst teams than us can get organised at the back with worse players than we have. Hearts,Killie, AEK for example. The manager has to do that with what's available. Not discounting the boards penny pinching though.......

The manager is responsible for targeting players and putting up a fight to get what he wants, the facts that he is now sitting confirming Dembele is looking likely to leave it shows to me that Rodgers is merely a puppet and a yes man. DISGUSTED with Celtic at the moment and whats going on

Hard to know who is running the scouting show at Celtic.

Have to be realistic bearing in mind that Peter Lawell & the scouting buying team have left it so late (again) to do any business.
And keeping in mind that the board appear to like loans, loans that we the fans pay for!
Juan Foyth of Spurs

crap irrelevant music turned off! you can see this kid is actually a defender.

There was some vague google news speculation linking Foyth with us a few weeks back but more with Leeds, don't know if the lad is actually available for loan at all, but he looks a real player already and a great prospect.

If he is available, then he should have been just the type of loan player Celtic should have been in for. If we are going to loan and develop lets have players that are already obvious talents in highlights, not just prospects.

Only going by youtube highlights, but then by some accounts that is about the sum of what Congerton does before running stats into a database which kicks out supposedly if he is a player or not.

Reading up a bit a while back about Congertons and his buddies ideas on using stats appeared at best a little naïve, at worst bamboozling chancery.
in short it seemed to amount to 'we have a shiny system' that is so genius no one else understands it but us!!
One quote stuck out for me about their data system, and it was pathetic and scary embarrassing that they should even quote it.
Basically how using their data system they thought one lad stuck out as the next Messi.
Until! they realised they had forgotten to turn on 'the minutes played' factor!
He had only played a few minutes as a sub. but his 2 passes showed 100% skills presumably!

You'll find this on google if you want to be scared or depressed at the potential state of things.

And we were warned by Sunderland fans! Loads and loads of fans of theirs who thought Congerton was not so good!
Long for John Park, even David Hay could have done a more professional job and I suspect for a lot less money.
No intention of justifying Lawell's short sightedness for the pitch side of things (you know that most relevant part of any club) and his Del boy buy on the cheap tactics, but he is not all to blame. Unless that is Brendan was just saying that Congerton was his idea after being told.

Last edited:
That lad Patrick Twumasi we played against at Maribor would be good should we sadly lose Dembele. Dawson from WBA at centre half. At a loss for RB!

Members online

Latest posts

Back