Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I know it might be his age but if Celtic aren’t going to pay £5m and come to an agreement with FF wages then, I hope I’m wrong, I’m beginning to wonder what we will be paying for new recruits. Neil has made it clear that he wanted him. Pay the £5m and get him permanently. Remember we paid £5m for Schedt. At least this time we know what we’re getting for our money.

I know it might be his age but if Celtic aren’t going to pay £5m and come to an agreement with FF wages then, I hope I’m wrong, I’m beginning to wonder what we will be paying for new recruits. Neil has made it clear that he wanted him. Pay the £5m and get him permanently. Remember we paid £5m for Schedt. At least this time we know what we’re getting for our money.

Looks like a fair bit of brinkmanship at play here, all parties are unsurprisingly trying to get maximum value from the situation. If (a big if ) FF does return to us it might be at the end of the English window in October as he possibly has been told hes saints keeper til seasons end . I doubt we'll wait until then if that's the case . Would we pay this £5M now? Doubt it, as PL has shown he won't be intimidated or rushed in any negotiation.
Sutton today has warned against signing Hart, too high risk, but reportedly we're quite far into talks with him.
I've always rated Bain so I'd be comfortable with him as #1 tho he does have his doubters. If we sign a quality backup to SB we are set for the seasons start, and buys us a bit of time to see how the FF situation pans out.

It's certainly looking like The Wa has hit one with his now difficult decision of what to do next. Before anybody goes mad and start the getting on his back shit, it's no different than what we have done with Cakumn and Ryan. Sending them out to improve and Southampton have done that and see his value has soared and hes back to his best. For Fraser, it's a big decision and a lot of money involved, as well as the chance to prove himself in the EPL. if he doesnt return I will be gutted but understand. It's down to the club to make a decent bid or to replace him with a good keeper. He might still return, but it's not looking great. The news Ely was returning was great, seems, like life. You can't have it all.

It's not the 5 mil. that's the problem, It's the 90 thou a week that he is on. ( I am in Aus. therefore I don't have a pound sign on my keyboard :eek:))). )

Members online

Latest posts

Back