Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

The £90,000 a week Forster problem and the emerging £5k Vasilios Barkas solution...

If he thinks we are paying £90000 a week forget it, not worth it IMO, and looks like its back to the same old shite in it together my arse. Pandemic crisis what crisis, all about the money, go take a fuck, go with Scott Bain as number 1 and bring in someone as cover, fuck them and their shite about great club and all that pish, heres the deal take it or fuck off, your career was going nowhere fast.

If he thinks we are paying £90000 a week forget it, not worth it IMO, and looks like its back to the same old shite in it together my arse. Pandemic crisis what crisis, all about the money, go take a fuck, go with Scott Bain as number 1 and bring in someone as cover, fuck them and their shite about great club and all that pish, heres the deal take it or fuck off, your career was going nowhere fast.
I think we'll wait and see what happens Boab as there is all sorts of BS flung about by third parties. I still want FF to play for us for the next few years but not so sure it will happen now (but we certainly won't be paying even half of the £90K/week for anyone, not even the Waa).

However, I agree with you and I think Bain is still a very decent goalie - he seems to have a lot of doubters on here but his performances and record for us is still very good. He has 28 clean sheets out of 46 matches, with many of these during the really important games for us.

Remember too that Bain was on an incredible run of 8 clean sheets which was disgustingly halted by the unsporting cheats from Motherwell who pretended to give the ball back to us after we'd kicked it out for their injured player to get treatment only for a couple of them to ran up the pitch and score against no defence. This disgraceful incident was quickly forgotten about as the sleekit snake did his midnight flit to Leicester a couple of days later.

So if we did end up with him as our no. 1 then it wouldn't be the end of the world as far as I'm concerned, but if we can get better than him then brilliant.

He knows what Celtic’s wage structure is like, 30k tops, there a lot of buff and double bluff going on, he’s seen how far out the picture he was at Southampton, they don’t want him, he doesn’t want to be there, they need to cut the wage bill, I guess he’s looking for a loyalty pay off, to offset the shortfall, my gut feeling is he’ll be back once it’s all played out....👍

He knows what Celtic’s wage structure is like, 30k tops, there a lot of buff and double bluff going on, he’s seen how far out the picture he was at Southampton, they don’t want him, he doesn’t want to be there, they need to cut the wage bill, I guess he’s looking for a loyalty pay off, to offset the shortfall, my gut feeling is he’ll be back once it’s all played out....👍
Hope so Bb HH ☘

Dykes according to Tom English linked down south and preferred to Shankland, source states to English, he is stronger than Shankland, more dynamic, fast.

FFS (5 goals)

Shankland has 25 goals and scored for all his clubs, but Dykes according to English has scored against Hearts and Celtic for example, FFS.

Scott Bain and Joe Hart, would do for me
Plus. a big centre half, who takes no prisoners and if we get another centre forward, fair enough
I know fuck all, of what is going on behind the scenes, but I do know what t takes to win the league, which gains us entry into the CL
Get the players in who want to play for Celtic
The money and rewards will come
90 grand a week, is obscene but that's where sports is these days
Average working person forks out hard earned money and rightly expects those on the field to have the same commitment and passion as the fans in the stands
It's not a big 'ask' in my humble opinion
HH

Last edited:
We need another goalkeeper yet if a goalkeeper is really good why would a club be prepared to let him go. This could be a big problem. The papers would have us believe that we have shown interest in Forster, Hart, Marshall, Hladky and Basilios. Have I left anyone out? I cannot imagine Celtic spending huge transfer money or wages. i suspect we will sign a young and relatively unknown keeper that will be backup to Bain. It's the biggest season in fifty yers but the biscuit tin mentality still prevails.

We need another goalkeeper yet if a goalkeeper is really good why would a club be prepared to let him go. This could be a big problem. The papers would have us believe that we have shown interest in Forster, Hart, Marshall, Hladky and Basilios. Have I left anyone out? I cannot imagine Celtic spending huge transfer money or wages. i suspect we will sign a young and relatively unknown keeper that will be backup to Bain. It's the biggest season in fifty yers but the biscuit tin mentality still prevails.
I understand exactly what you are saying. But i have more belief in our goal keeping dept than anyone else HH.

Tin pot mentality? 9m French eddy...mibbee aye..mibbee NAW? And please stop with the biscuit tin reference it's long gone mate.. have a look at the wage bill, there's time's a wonder at Celtic "fan's" rationales.

Lots of clubs throughout the world are struggling financially and so the transfer market is now a buyers market. Supply > Demand. That means lower fees and wages. Economics 101. What clubs want/need to sell their star goalkeeper. That is the recruitment question that needs answered. Would I love us to sign Big Fraser? Absolutely. A known quality. Yet apparently he is 3rd choice at Southampton. The season starts in 3 weeks time. There will be a lot of bluff and counterbluff with some large egos at play. I trust our scouts to be professional.This season will be another history making one.

Back