Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I too share the concern about being ready for the season and CL qualifiers. We need a couple of defenders and a goalie to just get to where we left off, and that's even if FF stays.

The natural dithering inclination I thought would be binned as it's the 10 year. It seems right now that's not even enough of a rocket up their arse. Just another pre season it seems. That list of 250 players the new guy was supposed to be working through must have got lost.. come on Celtic get the fucking players we need in asap so they can gel and get up to speed.

Transfer windows are not open for many and with some also trying to complete their season. Contracts have been extended due to the pandemic. That means a limited market as for now and we shouldn't panick buy in my opinion.

Panic buy? We were told we were looking at 250 0layers three months ago. How ing does it take to decide who you want. I take the point about the contracts but other teams are buying players. I just want urgency not panic buys. We have wasted millions on shit players doing that and that's a result of doing fuck all then being in a panic situation.

Transfer windows are not open for many and with some also trying to complete their season. Contracts have been extended due to the pandemic. That means a limited market as for now and we shouldn't panick buy in my opinion.
Good points Stevie. However we have already identified players who are of major interest such as Turnbull and as yet no movement.

To its credit, the club plays its hand close to its chest, so to speak, during the transfer window and off season. And historically it has been a successful tactic which has ended up in the past with quality players: Frimpong, Elhamed, Jullien, Taylor, etc. So I am sure there are deals being made that we are neither privy to nor would expect, and the MSM's speculations and fiction on who we're getting, or not getting, is -- how you all would say -- pish.

Last edited:
Have faith mate didnt do to badly in the last window ,doubt anyone will be splashing the cash anytime soon .

We know that up to £70m is up for grabs in the CL. Same every year. I would like us to realise this is worth preparing for. The longer the players have to, get up to speed fitness wise, build up understanding, settle in, then put us in a position that we fan give it a shot. That's my concern. We qualify for the CL this year then that money kills sevco. Then again next year. I'm not saying we wont bring good players in, I just want them to play a part in CL qualification.

We know that up to £70m is up for grabs in the CL. Same every year. I would like us to realise this is worth preparing for. The longer the players have to, get up to speed fitness wise, build up understanding, settle in, then put us in a position that we fan give it a shot. That's my concern. We qualify for the CL this year then that money kills sevco. Then again next year. I'm not saying we wont bring good players in, I just want them to play a part in CL qualification.
You know how PL works, doesn’t open the biscuit time till we’ve qualified same every year, Celtic doesn’t speculate to accumulate, buy young promising players, 1-3 million hope one comes up trumps, the champions league money is a bonus it’s not budgeted for every year, look what happened across the city in 2012, put all their eggs in the one basket needed qualification to survive, they didn’t and died....our club is run prudently, which is why we’re going for 10IAR, playing the long game, not living for the moment, spend, spend, spend.......we had 30 million in the bank Covid probably wiped 15-20 of that out, but we’ll survive and flourish because of our management, I know it won’t please everyone, but that’s the facts, HH

Last edited:

All these and more are all avail on the “Celtic news now” app, search in the apple apple App Store or google play store for it 👍

NEIL Lennon has hailed the way that January signings Patryk Klimala and Ismaila Soro are really starting to integrate into the rest of the group as the club's preparations for the new season step up a gear down in Loughborough

He said that about Shved so i take it these 2 are for up the road

Members online

Latest posts

Back