Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I am like most of us on this forum who think big Fraser might regret he turned down the opportunity of taking part in one of the most important seasons in our clubs history.
Irespective of what his choice was I believe we as Celtic supporters owe this fantastic goalkeeper a debt of thanks for what he did for our club.
I wish him the very best of luck and sincerely hope it turns out for him the way he hopes it will..

HH.

I just think Tierney wanted to play down south and get the big money, and I’m no knocking him for that. I was just surprised at the timing especially with age on his side. Can’t knock his commitment while here, in fact it’s quite the opposite as he signed a 6 year deal I’m sure.

as for Lawwell, I still don’t think he runs the football side as much as folk say. He no doubt has full control over the financial side of any deal, and I’m sure he signs players that he thinks financially will help the club, such as shved, but I find it hard to believe he doesn’t listen to the footballing people that he pays a lot of money to. Him and a team must surely be discussing budgets with the likes of lennon and scouting andI find it hard to believe that lennon doesn’t have a big say on how that budget is spent. And I’m sure at every club, the manager looks at a player and says I wouldn’t go above this to buy him or that in wages. Don’t want to end up in a thread about Lawwell but look at where we are. Corona aside, we were sitting on a pot of cash that is easily swallowed up in a few years if there’s no European football. If it wasn’t for corona, I’d like to think we’d push the boat out to try and ensure the 10. And I’m sure Desmond has an input to that. Desmond effectively owns the club and hires Lawwell to run it for him. With regards decisions and pay, that’s him and the other shareholders that decide that. Lawwell does a pretty good job for me although he’s not perfect. I’d rather Pete than Dave!

He who controls the finances wields the power Cheezy.

Lawell controls the football side by controlling the budget, the budget he makes available to the manager dictates the standard of player the manager can sign, what areas of the team he can strengthen and where he has to make cuts.

Not necessarily a bad thing as NO manager should be dictating his own budget as every club in the land would be bankrupt if that happened.

Problem with Lawell/The Board over the years, apart from sitting on huge profits while areas of the team were routinely neglected, was some of the additional policy restrictions they seem to have had in place which limited older more experienced players in favour of young players with potential, players being signed on the basis of sell on potential rather than what they could add to the team and seemingly going with a strategy of spending the budget on quantity (hoping 1 or 2 from a high number of cheaper signings come good) over quality (signing fewer players at a higher cost who had proven their quality already).

Then there are certain deals that Lawell has reportedly negotiated himself either with little input from managers, coaching staff etc. or just by going completely over their heads altogether.

Said it before, the man can be both an asset and a detriment. Needs reigned in at times especially where the footballing decisions are made.

I suspect the big fella will sit down at the end of his career and realise that this was a big mistake. OK, he may have more money but he already more wealth than anyone needs to live a very comfortable life. Thanks for some amazing performances Waa (Barca 2012 and the league cup final last season) but time for us to move onto our next hero.

And seeing as A Jet Ski has snubbed us I can categorially state that I never liked him anyway and didn't want him!
No rear view mirror, I tend to look ahead, not backwards
Fraser Forster, I wish him well, but we have a new keeper in, and he's getting all my support
As for Jet Ski, I'd never heard of him until two weeks ago, when he was first mentioned, but that's on me
We need a solid centre half, and a left back as backup for GT, I think that'll be sorted shortly
We live in hope
HH

Then why is that joker piddling about with low wages for a superstar - he should be paying him what he is worth and developing him himself so his club can reap the huge financial rewards. Fecking idiot - he has been a bullshit merchant at every club he has ever been at.
Maybe he needs 5 million to ensure they stay afloat, not a good division to be in down in England at present. And of course its the Sun.

finances taken care of it helps having someone with that knowledge and investment sitting on the board , won't interfere with the clubs finances

No doubt his expertise will be invaluable Kelly but he's not paying for the Celtic hotel out of his own pocket mate.

As far as I'm aware there is no outside investment coming in for this so that means the club is paying for it which means finding the money from elsewhere within the club and the only viable ways to do that is either CL qualification proceeds or player sales.

Hotel/museum won’t happen this year, but it will happen, capital projects that increase revenue can only be a good thing, remember how everyone laughed when wee Fergus submitted plans for a 60k seater stadium, at a time when the crowd was only averaging 40k, now we have 17k on a waiting list for a season ticket, given the Emirates arena and the Chris hoy velodrome across the road, there is a lot more footfall in the area than the usual every 2nd Saturday and occasional mid week game, there are no hotels in the local, no competition, people that travel to go to events at the 3 world class venues need somewhere to stay, it’s a no brainier, the Celtic village will become a reality, well done to the board for buying up all the available land.....players will come and go....the infrastructure will be there for generations 🍀💚

Like I said in my earlier post BB I'm not saying it's a bad idea or that it's not going to generate welcome revenue mate, I'm talking about the best way to fund it while making sure the team doesn't suffer. I'm all for it if it doesn't come at the expense of the team we put out on the field.

No doubt his expertise will be invaluable Kelly but he's not paying for the Celtic hotel out of his own pocket mate.

As far as I'm aware there is no outside investment coming in for this so that means the club is paying for it which means finding the money from elsewhere within the club and the only viable ways to do that is either CL qualification proceeds or player sales.
No club in the world will bank role such huge investment alone the details aren't in public domain as such as it's way to early but give it time think you'll find there are quite a few investors looking at backing this deal

When this hotel is eventually finished and up and running, I'd rather the investment came from within the club.
If we do build it ourselves it will take a while to break even, but when we do, it's ours, and then every penny belongs to us.
Personally, and I'm no financial expert, but maybe some of the Adidas money could be spent on making it happen. Just a thought.

I suspect the big fella will sit down at the end of his career and realise that this was a big mistake. OK, he may have more money but he already more wealth than anyone needs to live a very comfortable life. Thanks for some amazing performances Waa (Barca 2012 and the league cup final last season) but time for us to move onto our next hero.

And seeing as A Jet Ski has snubbed us I can categorially state that I never liked him anyway and didn't want him!
Not convinced he will earn more going back,if he stayed with us this season and played as well,he goes back down to Southampton next summer.Only a year on his contract,they sell him for peanuts really and he pockets huge wages due to the small transfer fee.

When this hotel is eventually finished and up and running, I'd rather the investment came from within the club.
If we do build it ourselves it will take a while to break even, but when we do, it's ours, and then every penny belongs to us.
Personally, and I'm no financial expert, but maybe some of the Adidas money could be spent on making it happen. Just a thought.
Probably already spent🙁

No club in the world will bank role such huge investment alone the details aren't in public domain as such as it's way to early but give it time think you'll find there are quite a few investors looking at backing this deal

Multiple sources claiming the project is costing £18m mate. Including a document apparently leaked from Celtic themselves.

Granted this is from The Sun but the quote is from Lawell himself:

"So from there we developed the masterplan and we said, 'Right, we think there is a demand for a hotel and we have needed a museum for years'.

"But it has been a case of priorities. Do you put the money in the team?

"Where we stand is it is in for planning. Once we get the planning we'll assess the whole situation.

"Then there will be a feasibility study done, then we will see if we can fund it and take it on.

Anyway back to the fitbaw.....

Glad to see our keeper situation finally sorted out. My preference would have been Robin Olsen from Roma who we were reported to be interested in, he looked like a great keeper but it wasn't to be.

We've now signed the bhoy Barkas instead, who I've got to be honest I wasn't too keen on after watching his youtube clips, but he's here now and he'll get my full support from here on in. So a big welcome to our new No.1 and here's hoping he turns oot to be a superstar.

If the team is not playing well, there won’t be anybody staying in the hotel. It’s took us nearly 2 weeks to sign a goalkeeper.😡

Frustrating I know mate but our keeper situation has now been remedied. That can only be a positive. As for the hotel, it will do enough business in the long term to pay for itself and boost the club's income my only issue with it is how it will be funded. (y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back