Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Alfredo Morelos transfer suitors Lille hit with 4 sanctions as UEFA get tough over FFP

Cash-rich Lille have been sanctioned by UEFA over a series of Financial Fair Play (FFP) infingements.

The news comes amid the Dogues' reported fresh £16m offer for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos as they also also close in on a £27m deal for Gent striker Johnathan David.

Lille have been found guilty of being in deficit of €30m during three consecutive seasons that resulted in the club posting losses of over €100m in 2018.

And now UEFA have imposed four hardline restrictions that could have a telling impact on Christophe Galtier's side in the seasons ahead.

Nice to see this headline this morning, just before they have preps for the game this afternoon, Fatty will be ragin as will slippy.

Anybody heard anything about a CB we desperately need? All I read is the 5478 strikers we are linked to. We need defensive cover more but i havent heard any targets being mentioned. Also another LB is crucial.with Hayes gone to cover Taylor should he get injured.

NL stated that he requires another CB due to not taking up the option on suminovic, expect one will come up sooner rather than later

Neil Lennon says the transfer window is open until October. Neil, October is too late. We need players in now. Before yesterday’s game we needed another 2 defenders in for cover. After the defensive displays in the last 2 matches we need 2 defenders in now. Not for cover but 4 defenders fighting for 2 places. Bitton is NOT a defender. He is a midfielder. USE him as a midfielder. Go out and buy Toney. Less of this -we’re waiting on players getting back to us- they say no- we move on. I like Greg Taylor but yesterday wasn’t his best. But he wasn’t the worst. The 5-1 result v Hamilton was probably the worse thing that happened. The board probably thought that this squad would be ok with a bit of tinkering. Wrong. This squad is needing freshen up and freshen up now. Not in October.

Alfredo Morelos transfer suitors Lille hit with 4 sanctions as UEFA get tough over FFP

Cash-rich Lille have been sanctioned by UEFA over a series of Financial Fair Play (FFP) infingements.

The news comes amid the Dogues' reported fresh £16m offer for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos as they also also close in on a £27m deal for Gent striker Johnathan David.

Lille have been found guilty of being in deficit of €30m during three consecutive seasons that resulted in the club posting losses of over €100m in 2018.

And now UEFA have imposed four hardline restrictions that could have a telling impact on Christophe Galtier's side in the seasons ahead.

Nice to see this headline this morning, just before they have preps for the game this afternoon, Fatty will be ragin as will slippy.

Financial Fair Play? (FFP)

What is this thing they call FFP?

Where does it exist?

Who does it apply to?

What does it take to be in breach of FFP?

Who's responsibility is it to ensure FFP is adhered to?

Are individual countries responsible for ensuring FFP is adhered to by their member Clubs?

Do certain Clubs have immunity from FFP scrutiny?

Will it ever catch on in the SPFL?

Hopefully someone in Julien's class.
I was hoping Verdict1 for somebody in Bobo,s class.
How many times do you think more-or-less would have got back on his feet if the big man had hit him..
The problem we have is not our centre backs it is having no competition for them,they are more or less guaranteed a jersey every week and that is all down to one man at Parkhead the same man who lied to us at our last AGM about not reading The 5 Way Agreement,how could any CEO ignore a document as important as that ??,if we are to believe he did not read the document we can only consider this to be an act of ignorance or Arrogance,having listened to the man that night my money is on the latter.

HH.

Here we go again,2 weeks ago we were looking at bringing in a few new faces,when Lenny was asked to clarify a few... he said 4 or 5. now we are down to a couple on the Monday after the Kilmarnock disaster,can it get any worse ??.

HH.

I was hoping Verdict1 for somebody in Bobo,s class.
How many times do you think more-or-less would have got back on his feet if the big man had hit him..
The problem we have is not our centre backs it is having no competition for them,they are more or less guaranteed a jersey every week and that is all down to one man at Parkhead the same man who lied to us at our last AGM about not reading The 5 Way Agreement,how could any CEO ignore a document as important as that ??,if we are to believe he did not read the document we can only consider this to be an act of ignorance or Arrogance,having listened to the man that night my money is on the latter.

HH.
If he didn't read it, it's verging on incompetence. If he did read it, he has obviously lied. If he got someone to read it to him so that he can say that he hasn't read it and feel honest, it's still a lie.

Ajeti in Glasgow to finalise loan deal. Medical tomorrow

Let's pray Ajeti can replicate the form he displayed in his 2nd spell at Basel (as his stats from everywhere else he's been have been pretty poor tbh) at the very least it's a positive step in trying to add a different dimension and some extra firepower up top.

It's a start. Now whit else do we need :unsure:

At the very least.....

Left sided CB. (Sorry but Ajer gives me the fear in the current system)
Back up for LB. (Boli's not a LB/WB therefore we need back up for Taylor)
Back up for RB. (Frimpong's not a RB/WB therefore we need back up for Elhamed)

If we managed to do the above I'd say we may just have what we need, if we managed to add another CB to the above then I'd call that a pretty decent transfer window.

If we can't do that then we need some of this potential we keep stocking up on to start stepping up and I'd start with cancelling the loans of the 2 American bhoys we signed (there's yer back up for both LB and RB right there) as at least they have been playing regularly.

The two Americans don’t qualify for a work permit 😱

Elloit and balde whit a pairing that wid be 💚
I know about work permits (well, I used to) things change rapidly nowadays
This should have been worked out beforehand, but if Celtic are willing to sponsor him and employ him, it shouldn't be that difficult to overcome
The break up of Europe (former Yugoslavia e.g.) caused a world of trouble for players coming into Europe from Africa, due to some unscrupulous agents
The pandemic doesn't help due to travel restrictions
It's a clusterfuck, of enormous proportions
Paul Elliot's nickname in England, was 'Cass' after Mama Cass Elliot, the singer, got that from his manager at the time
Now, there's some absolutely useless trivia, that will stick with you for evermore
Bring Mjallby back, he'll help straighten out our back line deficiencies
HH

Wonder if Paul Elliot would come out of retirement 😂
Big Mjallby
HH

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back