Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Right,tin hats on and ready to be hammered but i still think scott mckenna could do a decent job for us, with simunovic gone we need a 3rd central defender,2 if ajer goes,hes left sided which has been a problem for us,got a physical presence and i reckon would improve with better players around him.
PS keep the abuse reasonable lol,i know it wont be popular but just my opinion.
Sorry Jonh I disagree. I think McKenna is a no talent £500,000 carthorse and have said so for years. Whe already have one of those and sent him to Melbourne.

Sorry Jonh I disagree. I think McKenna is a no talent £500,000 carthorse and have said so for years. Whe already have one of those and sent him to Melbourne.
Strong /physical and that's about it at 500k i would buy him as a squad playere if we were desperate, he plays like a carthorse but so does every Aberdeen player some players shine better under different managers

Strong /physical and that's about it at 500k i would buy him as a squad playere if we were desperate, he plays like a carthorse but so does every Aberdeen player some players shine better under different managers
Not the £500k Kelly (which Aberdeen would not accept..) it's the £25k per week for the next 4 years (another 5 million or so) which would sting. As I said it would be cheaper and just as effective to bring Hendry back from Melbourne. We already own that clown.

Were Aberdeen no wanting 7 million for him?🤔 I know transfer market has went down a bit, but no even worth half that.
Hi Andy. When Aberdeen wanted to sell him a year or so ago I said that he was nothing but a 'carthorse' of a player and in my opinion he was maybe worth £500k. Aberdeen were at that time chancing their arm by suggesting that he was a £10 million player which was beyond laughable. Seems like they could not get him sold at any price.... to anybody. I am still of the same opinion. A bit like saying Bolimcglumpher is worth £10m because he played for Celtic.

Hi Andy. When Aberdeen wanted to sell him a year or so ago I said that he was nothing but a 'carthorse' of a player and in my opinion he was maybe worth £500k. Aberdeen were at that time chancing their arm by suggesting that he was a £10 million player which was beyond laughable. Seems like they could not get him sold at any price.... to anybody. I am still of the same opinion. A bit like saying Bolimcglumpher is worth £10m because he played for Celtic.
Totally agree vigobhoy, I dont rate him at all. Far to slow and would just be a squad player. Considering we have just let jozo leave, it would be pointless..

We need better than McKenna unless we want to continue our tradition of playing bombscare defenders. Hatem, Julian and Frimpong as the level we need to continue to add to the squad is where we should be aiming at. McKenna is not good enough if we are serious about progressing in Europe.

No harm to the boy, but I would say the same to my own sons if I didn't think they were good enough for us.

This transfer window will be like no other in history. We live in a world where there is no prospect of football as usual with fans for the foreseeable future. Football clubs are a business and they have income and expenditure. Income must exceed expenditure for viability, Some expenditure is fixed and inevitable so finance directors look to reduce variable expenditure. 70% of expenditure can be on wages. This is the main area for expenditure reduction. Contracts are not being renewed. Selling players and receiving a transfer fee and taking them off the wage bill increases income and reduces expenditure. Every club would like to do this. But every sale is matched by a purchase. This therefore becomes a classical buyers market. Cash rich clubs will have a huge advantage. Cash strapped clubs will have to take whatever price is offered. If we want to have a fabulous season then we need to field the best team available within the economic circumstances. I expect there will be lots of loan deals. We need to secure and strengthen our squad but this is a tightrope. I reckon this season will be a great time for our development squad to stake their place in the team. Expect the unexpected.

Send Kieran Home.
Would it be a possibility that Arsenal would consider letting us have Kieran Tierney on loan for next season,maybe with an option of buying him back, or maybe go after Aaron Hickey..

HH.

Is he no in talks with the huns? Sure a seen that he was MD. Would b a decent bk up for us if we could get him.
I am sure he signed for the huns last week Andybhoy..

HH

Send Kieran Home.
Would it be a possibility that Arsenal would consider letting us have Kieran Tierney on loan for next season,maybe with an option of buying him back, or maybe go after Aaron Hickey..

HH.

I am sure he signed for the huns last week Andybhoy..

HH
Would be good if we Could get him bk on loan for a year. Get him bk to his best be4 heading bk dwn to arsenal.. very much doubt it tho, plus he played for them yesterday against Charlton.

Back