Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Is Daniel Arzani, still with us ?
Would hope so, as the Bhoy deserves a shot this season
Having watched highlights of the reserves, we have some great talent coming through the ranks
Young Oko -Flex, Dembele, and Welsh, have all impressed, and got some minutes in, with the first team
Well, wonder who the next big name rumour will be
HH
YNWA
Dill, his loan spell will have ended and no signs of it being renewed.Last month there were reports that he was wanting a switch to the Dutch league to try to develop there. Such a shame as he has amazing skill. His 20 minute cameo at Dundee was breath-taking and he could have really been a big impact player for us until that awful injury. Good luck to the guy, and hopefully he will recover to become the star he had the potential to be.

Early last season, Ryan Fraser was constantly championed as being the best in-form player outside of the big 6 teams. His work-rate was immense and he racked up a fair amount of assists and goal chances for his team-mates. He was a great buy for your Fantasy Football team too! He was being strongly linked with a move to Liverpool at the time as he really suited their high-tempo, high pressing fast interplay as well as being able to run at defenders and dribble. As Bournemouth struggled then his form did dip but he continued to graft. He can also take a kicking, which he'd need if he were to return to Scotland.

Much as I'd like him to come to Parkhead, he is out with our budget and some ambitious mid-table EPL side will probably offer him double the wages we could afford even if we made him our top-paid player. There is a BUT though - he has suffered a couple of bad injuries on plastic pitches and once agreed with the manager to miss a game for Scotland when we were due to play on one.

I suspect this will be one of those "Celtic miss out on..." negative headlines the Laptop Loyal love to print after a speculative (or even non-existant) enquiry.

This is the time of year when churnalists have to fill pages with 'exclusives' that they simply made up and expect us to believe. Look for their code words that indicate bullshit. "Sources tell us". it's rumoured, insiders say, we're considering, we're interested in, are close to. and target are just words spewed on a page to sell advertising.

Spot on! 👍

A lot of reports this morning that if we can’t get Forster, and it’s looking less likely, then we will try to sign Joe Hart who is a free agent from Wednesday. Seems to have split the support, I would be in favour as I have every confidence Stevie Woods could do with him what he did with Forster (twice) and Gordon. In other news Moi has a straight choice between us and Betis🙏🏻

The gamble on CG worked out , despite the doubts of a lot of fans. Bit of deja vu here with Hart, definitely a gamble but SW has been excellent for us , if he feels he can work with him then I'd definitely back his judgement.

Moi has consistently said he wants to prove himself in the epl, but if he is loaned out again I'd probably make us a more likely destination for him, despite the profile of la liga. Next season is potentially historic, and with the new Sky deal he will have the chance to impress any epl suitors if he continues to play like last season. His profile will be enhanced here, Betis with all due respect don't have the same exposure in England as we do .
If its a purely football decision then Betis would get him. He may see us as strategically better to help him achieve his long term goals.

None of us including myself have mentioned Scott Baine as the automatic replacement that shows me the faith we have in him and by the looks of things Lenny shares our sentiments,having said that this is a position we should never have been in,we knew Craig Gordon was out of contract in June..July time,we knew there was a possibility that big Fraser was heading back down south and somewhere along the line it has been mentioned we are going for 10 IAR,is this Lawwell starting his nonsense again waiting to the last minute to see if there are any decent free transfers coming up.
The whole of the football world knows the significance of this season to Celtic and so far we dont have a goalkeeper to kick the season of with,are we expecting goalkeepers to send in their CV for the above vacancy.
I understand the transfer window is open until October that would definitely suit Peter Lawwell but it wont suit Celtic supporters..

HH.

None of us including myself have mentioned Scott Baine as the automatic replacement that shows me the faith we have in him and by the looks of things Lenny shares our sentiments,having said that this is a position we should never have been in,we knew Craig Gordon was out of contract in June..July time,we knew there was a possibility that big Fraser was heading back down south and somewhere along the line it has been mentioned we are going for 10 IAR,is this Lawwell starting his nonsense again waiting to the last minute to see if there are any decent free transfers coming up.
The whole of the football world knows the significance of this season to Celtic and so far we dont have a goalkeeper to kick the season of with,are we expecting goalkeepers to send in their CV for the above vacancy.
I understand the transfer window is open until October that would definitely suit Peter Lawwell but it wont suit Celtic supporters..

HH.
Dont think Bains a bad keeper at all mate ,did he not sign a 4 year contract not long ago?

My own take on Bain is I noticed he seemed to hit a wobble is some games. I watched him and if he didn't have a clean take or a minor slip when handling it seemed to let a nervousness creep in instead of brushing it off.
Technically I think he is a decent keeper and in that respect I don't fault him. It's his bottle or recovery which I think might of caught Lennys eye in a negative way.
His thumb injury wrote him off for months which can't be ignored. I done in a thumb ligament a month before lockdown and I still notice at times that it isn't perfect.

Gordon at that time was breaking down when having to train and play the odd game as without rest time his body wasn't up to it.
With Gordon I felt he protected himself to avoid injury which took an element away from his game.

We needed a first choice keeper given that mix.

The chat about bringing Hart north of the border I can't see it. He wasnt given an extension or didn't want one?
High wages and will be able to pick up similar wages somewhere.
Could we have got him with some of his wages being covered in a loan deal? Yeah.

Depends what he wants to do. Does he rate Scottish football or is he one of the vast majority of Englishmen that rubbish it?
Does he want to regain or be in mix for the England no1 spot by playing games?
Does he want to move away from his family?
Would he want to do just a year only to push for a move back down?
Wages are the big issue. He will be a free agent so he will be hoping to earn a chunk in his next move.

When Craig Gordon came back to the game after a two year hiatus, his confidence was shot & in need of being propped up
The coaching staff and management, got him back up to speed and he regained his confidence and his no. 1 status at the club, Scott Bain came in and did a great job, as you said, but with the odd 'wobble' which is natural
Now, if Joe Hart is given the opportunity to kick start his career, it might not be a bad deal
Wages aside, he'd be in line for a place with England again, if he performs on the European stage for us
His problem began when he seemed to be at the top of his game, then tried to psyche out Andrea Pirlo, in a penalty shootout, during the Euro's
Pirlo, (a good TIM) put him back in his place, uch to the joy of Scotland fans everywhere ;-)
Here's the video clip
Joe, was never the same keeper after that

HH

When Craig Gordon came back to the game after a two year hiatus, his confidence was shot & in need of being propped up
The coaching staff and management, got him back up to speed and he regained his confidence and his no. 1 status at the club, Scott Bain came in and did a great job, as you said, but with the odd 'wobble' which is natural
Now, if Joe Hart is given the opportunity to kick start his career, it might not be a bad deal
Wages aside, he'd be in line for a place with England again, if he performs on the European stage for us
His problem began when he seemed to be at the top of his game, then tried to psyche out Andrea Pirlo, in a penalty shootout, during the Euro's
Pirlo, (a good TIM) put him back in his place, uch to the joy of Scotland fans everywhere ;-)
Here's the video clip

HH
Pirloooooooooo! 😹 🍺🥳

Here's the video clip

HH

Who’s yer daddy...

Had a closer look at Harts salary and I was talking shite. I had a figure of about 80k in mind. Seems that after his rep tanked so did his wages. Listed as £45kpw.
The hit he would have to take wouldn't be anywhere near as big as FF 🤔.
Doesn't take into account the free agent factor.
A signing on fee would take a chunk out of this possibly.
All things considered he could get a wage bump and the fee elsewhere.
No Europe though.
Regardless of our league we still get a decent rep down south for many of our ex/current players.
Through gritted teeth Slippys euro run mibi helps.
Oh yeah and LGs free kicks 😋

If we can get him on track he could be a good addition.
Always rated FF but I'm wary of English overrating and inflated £££

Not sure for
Ah'd prefer Craig Gordon tae Joe Hart,but ah think that ship's sailed. 🍺 🥳
I'm not sure Gordon physically can be reliable for a whole season anymore. Bain might benefit from being an underdog to nip at the heels to challenge.
My worry is if CG signs and has a high injury risk goes down Bain is no1.
Too big a risk for me.
We were lucky to get the years out if CG we did.
Admittedly we offered him a contract that is a like it or lump it.
4k take it or leave it. Want to stay in Scotland? Good luck getting it type of deal.
Bit shit mibi but that's life
Bit underhand in some people's eyes but he has been pissed off enough by it to not show for training.

Members online

Latest posts

Back