Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Ta ta Craig and good luck in the Championship.

My preference is for big FF to be signed but I wouldn't be that upset if we had to take Joe Hart instead. As others have said Stevie would help with his confidence etc and let's face it Scott Bain didn't do too much wrong, it's just that we couldn't afford to wait for him to get over his wobble.

Ta ta Craig and good luck in the Championship.

My preference is for big FF to be signed but I wouldn't be that upset if we had to take Joe Hart instead. As others have said Stevie would help with his confidence etc and let's face it Scott Bain didn't do too much wrong, it's just that we couldn't afford to wait for him to get over his wobble.
Joke Hart?🙄

I trust Steve woods, he’s a top goalkeeper coach, if he thinks he can rebuild Hart, I trust his judgment, look at the state foster was in when he came back to us, went from a £10 million keeper pushing for England’s no 1, to 3rd choice at Southampton, have faith.....

I trust Steve woods, he’s a top goalkeeper coach, if he thinks he can rebuild Hart, I trust his judgment, look at the state foster was in when he came back to us, went from a £10 million keeper pushing for England’s no 1, to 3rd choice at Southampton, have faith.....
Surprised nobody has tried to sign Stevie Woods up he's been fantastic for us and his work on getting Gordon back into the game and Foster back on track wouldn't have gone unnoticed after 3 yrs lay off Gordon was outstanding ,know he knocked back the snake and Man Ure but how long before he does move on

Good point, Bellshill bhoy. Steve Woods has been phenomenal as a coach, and chances are he can improve Hart.
Surprised nobody has tried to sign Stevie Woods
Shhhh! Don't encourage them.

Last edited:
My own take on Bain is I noticed he seemed to hit a wobble is some games. I watched him and if he didn't have a clean take or a minor slip when handling it seemed to let a nervousness creep in instead of brushing it off.
Technically I think he is a decent keeper and in that respect I don't fault him. It's his bottle or recovery which I think might of caught Lennys eye in a negative way.
His thumb injury wrote him off for months which can't be ignored. I done in a thumb ligament a month before lockdown and I still notice at times that it isn't perfect.

Gordon at that time was breaking down when having to train and play the odd game as without rest time his body wasn't up to it.
With Gordon I felt he protected himself to avoid injury which took an element away from his game.

We needed a first choice keeper given that mix.

The chat about bringing Hart north of the border I can't see it. He wasnt given an extension or didn't want one?
High wages and will be able to pick up similar wages somewhere.
Could we have got him with some of his wages being covered in a loan deal? Yeah.

Depends what he wants to do. Does he rate Scottish football or is he one of the vast majority of Englishmen that rubbish it?
Does he want to regain or be in mix for the England no1 spot by playing games?
Does he want to move away from his family?
Would he want to do just a year only to push for a move back down?
Wages are the big issue. He will be a free agent so he will be hoping to earn a chunk in his next move.
I differ on the wages front. He's a multi millionaire and i feel it will be the appointment as No1 and with a club like Celtic europe is also a guarantee that could persuade him. Not convinced he's the best option out there.

I differ on the wages front. He's a multi millionaire and i feel it will be the appointment as No1 and with a club like Celtic europe is also a guarantee that could persuade him. Not convinced he's the best option out there.
I'd be interested to see the kind of names we are considering outside of Hart.
Mibi slightly concerned that our shortlist has him up there as what seems now to be our first pick with FF looking less likely.
We have seemed to have a bit of luck with UK keepers since Boruc. Is it coincidence? Timing? Or is it has it just been an easy tick box to try and maintain a Scottish/English player or native speaker in there to organise and communicate?
Lenny has said we are only working from old scouting reports.
I'm sure we will be looking at bringing in a permanent signing and a loan.
Just wish FF would give us the aye or naw so we can take the next step

I'd be interested to see the kind of names we are considering outside of Hart.
Mibi slightly concerned that our shortlist has him up there as what seems now to be our first pick with FF looking less likely.
We have seemed to have a bit of luck with UK keepers since Boruc. Is it coincidence? Timing? Or is it has it just been an easy tick box to try and maintain a Scottish/English player or native speaker in there to organise and communicate?
Lenny has said we are only working from old scouting reports.
I'm sure we will be looking at bringing in a permanent signing and a loan.
Just wish FF would give us the aye or naw so we can take the next step

I don't think its up to FF to be honest...he wants to come and is willing to take the pay cut....it's the transfer fee which is the game breaker and Celtic are rightly so, not gonna pay stupid money for him....Hart for me is worth a punt....either that or give Bain the gloves with yer man Chad Hogan as back up

I don't think its up to FF to be honest...he wants to come and is willing to take the pay cut....it's the transfer fee which is the game breaker and Celtic are rightly so, not gonna pay stupid money for him....Hart for me is worth a punt....either that or give Bain the gloves with yer man Chad Hogan as back up
We could mibbe get a decent goalie fur £40,PL knows a guy 🍺 🥳

Latest posts

Back