Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

Seriously, when have you ever seen a fullback who acts like a winger and can dribble past several players and then cross the ball or shoot. He has great close control of the ball and every commentator reckons this will be his last season in the A -league as he will be snapped up by some European team.
Work permit ?
We've got two Americans who play fullback and are having a tough time getting one

Seriously, when have you ever seen a fullback who acts like a winger and can dribble past several players and then cross the ball or shoot. He has great close control of the ball and every commentator reckons this will be his last season in the A -league as he will be snapped up by some European team.

But can he defend?.....serious question...

As well as the much needed experienced CB & LB cover (plus possibly ex-Killie O'Donnell on a free for RB cover???) I wonder if we will indeed continue to try to buy Toney as well? This may not necessarily mean that we will definitely sell Eddy or punt Griff.

Maybe we are proactively getting in excellent players to bed them in for when Eddy does go and Griff is too old? Eddy has suffered some knocks in the past (remember when we started with Forrest or Mikey J up front for important matches?), Griff is not certain to be available for a whole season, Klimala & Ajeti are talented but unproven.

With 2 upfront in some matches, 2 games a week for most of the season plus 5 subs per match, this is the perfect opportunity to bed in Klimala, Ajeti & Toney while they puck up much needed game time so that when we get the inevitable big money offer for Eddy then we already gave excellent cover in place - and if this doesn't happen until the end of the seadon then even better.

I know this is very unCeltic/unLawwell like, but I live in hope that we are putting in place a proper succession plan. Or probably not!!!

Back