Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

With still 3 weeks to go of this transfer window to go is anyone else getting pissed off with how long it has dragged on for. As always it is busy time for us and although I think we have had great success so far with 1 mishap there is still a bit to do regarding the left hand side. Still the uncertainty on who may go if any. Or do some still like the drama and the guessing games, just wondering, I will be glad when it is all over.

Taylor drives me nuts by never anticipating the defender lunging to stop a cross. He just hits it off them time after time after fucking time. He needs to learn to allow the defender to commit and cut inside. Just once, I would take just once a game. On Hayes, it shows how bad things are when a 30 year old winger is missed at LB. And he is. That's ludicrous. They let him.go and so far done the square root of fuck all to sort it. Boli has made the situation even more acute. I know they are tryi g to get one, but they need to get a move on.
He isn't an attacking player. 100%. Park the bus formation? He clan play that all day.
I was pretty shite a football as a kid. Could hit good long range passes some of the time but the only job I was given was to defend.
I liked that.
If BR was still here GT would be a defensive mid.
....can laughter

We are almost there recruitment wise. It's the late swoops that could potentially fuck us up.

My biggest concern is if we go for the 352 which seems our favourite and best formation I can not really see a role for Taylor as his forward play is nowhere good enough at the moment. With 4 weeks till the first game with the scum and so many games midweek we are not given ourselves that much time to get this main problem sorted out, especially with all the names been mentioned are young and inexperienced so no real time for them to get settled and used to our style of play.

My biggest concern is if we go for the 352 which seems our favourite and best formation I can not really see a role for Taylor as his forward play is nowhere good enough at the moment. With 4 weeks till the first game with the scum and so many games midweek we are not given ourselves that much time to get this main problem sorted out, especially with all the names been mentioned are young and inexperienced so no real time for them to get settled and used to our style of play.
If we don't sign somebody,we've only got young Luca Connell,and Andy Gutman,who's stranded in the U.S

If we don't sign somebody,we've only got young Luca Connell,and Andy Gutman,who's stranded in the U.S

Gutman will never play for us. He's already nearly 24 (for context: Taylor is 22, Tierney has just turned 23); he's only played about 20 professional games; he'll never get a visa to play here; he hasn't looked very good in any highlights I've seen of him.

We need more options on the left. Gutman doesn't count as one.

Edit: I would, however, love to see young Connell given a wee shot there.

Just think if we had to play our strongest team as things stand, he would go with calmag on the left and draft Turnbull into the centre in a 3 5 2
You can't totally discount an orthodox 4-4-2 now either, John - especially in Europe against mid-range opposition. That has now become a tournament to experiment with and Lenny liked that set-up in his first stint.

Gutman will never play for us. He's already nearly 24 (for context: Taylor is 22, Tierney has just turned 23); he's only played about 20 professional games; he'll never get a visa to play here; he hasn't looked very good in any highlights I've seen of him.

We need more options on the left. Gutman doesn't count as one.

Edit: I would, however, love to see young Connell given a wee shot there.
Can't work out why we ever signed Gutman in the first place

You can't totally discount an orthodox 4-4-2 now either, John - especially in Europe against mid-range opposition. That has now become a tournament to experiment with and Lenny liked that set-up in his first stint.
I totally agree and it is only when Ely seems to come alive maybe could be using the europa league with the 4 at the back and will be easier for player rotation with what is at stake in the league this season

I know nothing about him sp if memory serves me right was he just used as an attempt to try and please the snake
We've made a few signings in the last 10-15 years that only seemed to serve the purpose of pissing off the huns: Mark Brown, Steven Pressley, Scott Allan, Kenny Miller, Glenn Loovens and Gutman.

None of those signings had any real impact, but they did drive those fuckwits even more insane.

We've made a few signings in the last 10-15 years that only seemed to serve the purpose of pissing off the huns: Mark Brown, Steven Pressley, Scott Allan, Kenny Miller, Glenn Loovens and Gutman.

None of those signings had any real impact, but they did drive those fuckwits even more insane.
Nice now to be making signings that really will have them shiteing themselves with the quality we are bringing in

Good reports about one of our loan bhoys

"Scott Robertson produced a standout performance as he made his first start for Gillingham in their Carabao Cup win over Coventry City.

The Celtic loan midfielder grew into the game after the Gills endured a torrid opening and received high praise from manager Steve Evans."

Scott Robertson up against Coventry's Will Bapaga Picture: Barry Goodwin

Members online

Latest posts

Back