Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I know we are all looking at who we may bring in today and lenny saying he does not expect anyone to leave, but I am not so sure. We have seen nothing so far from ntcham this season of the quality he has, and even noticed today that Christie never even acknowledged griff much appreciated goal. I have to say I am a bit disappointed with both of there attitudes of late and if it should be a case of them wanting out then I could understand if we were to cash them in. Mind you I would prefer to be wrong on this matter
If they don't want be here, get rid!

I would be under the same impression MD not a season for passengers

I'd go a step further than that.

There's not a single half of football this season that should contain a passenger!

We need to get a LB in and possibly another CB.

Duffy looks poor for me. He's scored a couple of goals but his distribution is not good at all and he doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think a lot of people feel that if you get someone who's played in the Ingerlish League then they're automatically better then anything you can get elsewhere.

There's a shed-load of crap stealing a wage down south and just because they support Celtic it shouldn't mean we're blind to how bad they are at times.

I sincerely hope Duffy comes good but at present imho he's a lumbering, distincly average, journeyman.

HH

Sometimes you can get a great player who for some reason doesn't fit with his current team but a lot of the time he won't fit at your team for the same reason a case in hand was Christian Gamboa an international who couldn't get a game at the club he came from and couldn't break into the team here only occasionall showings

Nearly there Deadner but not til 22-23 and even then we need to beat the co-efficient of the turks
Thanks for that niall. Classic case of believe the half of what you see and nothin what you hear. Some gobshite told me that yesterday. I probably shoulda checked it out a wee bit further myself, but that's the good thing about this forum, you don't be long til you're pointed in the right direction.

Just hope if it happens, he can sort this left side mess out. Will leave it to others to comment on him as I know nothing about him
Person on another site summoned him up perfect ,

He’s been around the block in Italian football, playing for six different clubs in as many years. No surprise that he’ll have had good spells and bad spells. He’s obviously someone who needs to get settled somewhere and put down roots. We’ve seen this with a lot of the Chelsea and Man City players who are on that loan merry-go-round - it’s hard for them to fulfil their potential when they’re constantly being shuffled around

I'm also hoping he goes through columbians like a knife threw butter

I'd go a step further than that.

There's not a single half of football this season that should contain a passenger!

We need to get a LB in and possibly another CB.

Duffy looks poor for me. He's scored a couple of goals but his distribution is not good at all and he doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I think a lot of people feel that if you get someone who's played in the Ingerlish League then they're automatically better then anything you can get elsewhere.

There's a shed-load of crap stealing a wage down south and just because they support Celtic it shouldn't mean we're blind to how bad they are at times.

I sincerely hope Duffy comes good but at present imho he's a lumbering, distincly average, journeyman.

HH
Duffy is the no frills type. I never expected him to be a ball playing CH. By the looks of him he will probably pick up the most cards and be our highest scoring defender. Still think he is good to have in the squad he will push us to be more aggressive. St Johnstone was a bit of a nightmare but there were more than a few that contributed to that. Our CMs wearnt busy or creative enough and should of helped bringing the ball out of defence. Hate seeing our cbs forced to have to spray passes as the only outlet. They could of done with Ntcham and Turnbull grabbing the game by the scruff, which they failed to do.
The only tactic at corners and free kicks seemed to be "chip it tae Duffy" not a lot of imagination there. The deliveries most of the time wearnt in the best areas. Whip it into the middle and he will do better.

Duffy is the no frills type. I never expected him to be a ball playing CH. By the looks of him he will probably pick up the most cards and be our highest scoring defender. Still think he is good to have in the squad he will push us to be more aggressive. St Johnstone was a bit of a nightmare but there were more than a few that contributed to that. Our CMs wearnt busy or creative enough and should of helped bringing the ball out of defence. Hate seeing our cbs forced to have to spray passes as the only outlet. They could of done with Ntcham and Turnbull grabbing the game by the scruff, which they failed to do.
The only tactic at corners and free kicks seemed to be "chip it tae Duffy" not a lot of imagination there. The deliveries most of the time wearnt in the best areas. Whip it into the middle and he will do better.

Think our midfield struggled a bit until Griff and Klimala came on.

The movement by those two meant there was far more options for the midfield to aim at.

Let's face it, Eddy couldn't have looked less interested if he'd unfolded a deckchair and poured himself a piña colada!

That's where our fans come in to the game. We're built on attacking football and if our supporters don't like what they're seeing they'll let the team know they need to up the workrate or else.

Klimala and Griff didn't need reminding as they both have points to prove.

Last edited:
Waiting on the big transfer Peter is working frantically behind the scenes to try and push through on the quiet that of Messi in a season long loan to make sure we get the 10, Messi says he is up for it but Barca are playing hardball over the loan fee of £100 mill so I'm not holding my breath

Back