Summer worry

I'm taking it as pointless. Nobody's making any moves, buying , selling, loaning - notihng moving until there's clarity on Covid.

Even if anyone wanted to buy him, the financials underpinning such a deal would be impossible to conclude as the worldwide economy undergoes its biggest trauma in a century.

Read it all as suspended. Limbo until further notice. Everyone's staying put.

I guarantee the only movement in the football world we'll see is clubs going under. For that reason alone, and one in particular, I've been foregoing toilet roll and stockpiling jelly and ice cream...

The world has changed forever. Sadly lors of businesses will go bust - including many football clubs (or the holding companies at least) - as the world economy plummets into depression. I think potentially losing French Eddy will not rank that high compared to most club's worries.

And it will turn out that Lawwell was a genius in squirreling away all those profits for years instead of buying better players (despite the wishes of so many knowalls like myself) means we are better placed to survive this economic catastrophe than most clubs.

Don’t
I'm taking it as pointless. Nobody's making any moves, buying , selling, loaning - notihng moving until there's clarity on Covid.

Even if anyone wanted to buy him, the financials underpinning such a deal would be impossible to conclude as the worldwide economy undergoes its biggest trauma in a century.

I guarantee the only movement in the football world we'll see is clubs going under. For that reason alone, and one in particular, I've been foregoing toilet roll and stockpiling jelly and ice cream...
I don’t think the tinks will care. They’ll see it as a way of shedding all their problems and debt in one fell swoop and claim to be the same club. Especially if the SPFL refuse to send them to the bottom tier. Won’t be able to play in Europe for 3 seasons though, they’ll just scream Timmy Papal conspiracy. You just know some other chancer will swoop in and prepare them to be bent over and fist f@@cked again and they’ll fall for it again.

If the board sell French Eddy this summer for more cushion money, can this panic cover that decision?
I realise I am in the minority here, perhaps the smallest minority :p,

but if any bid comes in for any player in team that far surpasses his present value materialises then every single club on planet should be selling.

1 to hold a player of excess value means his wage must be matched or at least substantially increased to compensate the player for not allowing him to earn more elsewhere.

2 this would apply even if we had a player like jimmy Johnstone today, unless he specifically wants to stay on a wage that's in line with the clubs wage budget.

3 Selling players who are in demand makes sense, since quite often players dip in and out of form, most often because they are found out or they aren't motivated in that team anymore. Sinclair is a good example. had we sold him after first season, it would have been bad for team in theory, but two seasons later he picking up big wage and struggling to maintain his earlier form. sold for nought.

4 Eddy is sensational striker, but can we afford pay him wage big league can? No. hiking his wage would need to be followed by several wage hikes for balance and healthy dressing room. eg imagine McGregor had accepted contract under condition that if someone else gets massive wage hike then he too gets same hike. he wants to play for Celtic but accepts they have limits to wages. he could have moved for bigger wages but chose celtic willingly but only cause he feels they can't afford more. but if suddenly celtic hike wages for someone else, he might say, wtf, rats, so much for not having extra wage budget.

every team in 5 big leagues get 100+ million from tv deals every season before they get bigger placing fees from their fa

this means clubs outwit the bumper tv deals cannot afford wages of players in those leagues even if they reach champions league group every year.

those sky payments don't get chewed Into by bonuses or other running costs

and they are guaranteed

say celtic got champions league group

take off costs of getting there including bonuses for current players staff then you be lucky if you make 20 million

but even thats hard fought to get

bottom of epl gets 100million from tv deal on top of their higher incomes from coming bottom of epl plus massive parachute payments

So despite having massive crowd at celtic and probably bigger demand from tv matches than most top EPL sides celtic gets buttons

Liverpool gets 180 million from sky above and beyond their other incomes

thats 180 million every season that celtic dont get even if they reach cl group

therefore they can offer 4 or 5 times higher basic wages

So when celtic have hot player in demand at big tv club then they must seriously consider letting him go, cause the wage bill here cannot even come close to basic levels at bigger league

tv is wrecking the game outside its network

I realise I am in the minority here, perhaps the smallest minority :p,

but if any bid comes in for any player in team that far surpasses his present value materialises then every single club on planet should be selling.

1 to hold a player of excess value means his wage must be matched or at least substantially increased to compensate the player for not allowing him to earn more elsewhere.

2 this would apply even if we had a player like jimmy Johnstone today, unless he specifically wants to stay on a wage that's in line with the clubs wage budget.

3 Selling players who are in demand makes sense, since quite often players dip in and out of form, most often because they are found out or they aren't motivated in that team anymore. Sinclair is a good example. had we sold him after first season, it would have been bad for team in theory, but two seasons later he picking up big wage and struggling to maintain his earlier form. sold for nought.

4 Eddy is sensational striker, but can we afford pay him wage big league can? No. hiking his wage would need to be followed by several wage hikes for balance and healthy dressing room. eg imagine McGregor had accepted contract under condition that if someone else gets massive wage hike then he too gets same hike. he wants to play for Celtic but accepts they have limits to wages. he could have moved for bigger wages but chose celtic willingly but only cause he feels they can't afford more. but if suddenly celtic hike wages for someone else, he might say, wtf, rats, so much for not having extra wage budget.

every team in 5 big leagues get 100+ million from tv deals every season before they get bigger placing fees from their fa

this means clubs outwit the bumper tv deals cannot afford wages of players in those leagues even if they reach champions league group every year.

those sky payments don't get chewed Into by bonuses or other running costs

and they are guaranteed

say celtic got champions league group

take off costs of getting there including bonuses for current players staff then you be lucky if you make 20 million

but even thats hard fought to get

bottom of epl gets 100million from tv deal on top of their higher incomes from coming bottom of epl plus massive parachute payments

So despite having massive crowd at celtic and probably bigger demand from tv matches than most top EPL sides celtic gets buttons

Liverpool gets 180 million from sky above and beyond their other incomes

thats 180 million every season that celtic dont get even if they reach cl group

therefore they can offer 4 or 5 times higher basic wages

So when celtic have hot player in demand at big tv club then they must seriously consider letting him go, cause the wage bill here cannot even come close to basic levels at bigger league

tv is wrecking the game outside its network
Think this pandemic could be a gamechanger TET, the bloated elite clubs backed by nation states and sky money is based on games being played, if theres no football for, say 4 months,sky subscriptions crash,stock markets suffering their biggest losses since 2008, the price of oil has gone through the floor, the outgoings are unsustainable,a report tonight on BBc said championship teams are spending 107% of their income, to try and reach the premiership! how much are teams spending to stay in the premiership? how much has a financially doped zombie club spent trying to win the spl!, maybe peter Lawwell deserves a wee hat tip for not spending fantasy money, by keeping Celtic on a strong financial footing.......jist sayin' 🍺

Fuck sake don't be scaring me with thread titles. Was half way to getting herself out of bed to say a decade or 2 for Summer Harl.

Think this pandemic could be a gamechanger TET, the bloated elite clubs backed by nation states and sky money is based on games being played, if theres no football for, say 4 months,sky subscriptions crash,stock markets suffering their biggest losses since 2008, the price of oil has gone through the floor, the outgoings are unsustainable,a report tonight on BBc said championship teams are spending 107% of their income, to try and reach the premiership! how much are teams spending to stay in the premiership? how much has a financially doped zombie club spent trying to win the spl!, maybe peter Lawwell deserves a wee hat tip for not spending fantasy money, by keeping Celtic on a strong financial footing.......jist sayin' 🍺
could be game ender for clubs deemed no big enough to save

tax payers will be forced to keep sky bills paid

trickle down to wee leagues need the sky deals

better they go burst and just watch big leagues on tv :p

We might never get the mythical ten in a row because at this rate there will be few viable teams in the SPFL. This might be a once in a lifetime chance to become part of the EPL

Don't be over indulging in jelly and ice cream as I guarantee from personal experience you'll rue the failing to stock pile the bog roll 🤔
HH🍀

Last edited:
We might never get the mythical ten in a row because at this rate there will be few viable teams in the SPFL. This might be a once in a lifetime chance to become part of the EPL
I suspect they will create a sub Scottish system that enters division 4 through play off with English sub system vanarama level clubs, cause that's the level they see Scottish teams, and even then I doubt Celtic would get allowed with its history of politics can't imagine English police being in favour of Scottish English troubles regularly either

doubt very much they will allow direct EPL

I suspect they will create a sub Scottish system that enters division 4 through play off with English sub system vanarama level clubs, cause that's the level they see Scottish teams, and even then I doubt Celtic would get allowed with its history of politics can't imagine English police being in favour of Scottish English troubles regularly either

doubt very much they will allow direct EPL
Would you give up 10IAR if we could get into the EPL? Dream big.

Reactions: TET
Would you give up 10IAR if we could get into the EPL? Dream big.
I cant see English clubs allowing a giant like celtic or even sevco near epl

can you imagine the venom if celtic won the epl?

Scottish team with history of not being very partial to their queen or their country. it would never be allowed

abc is bad enough here

but Tottenham, or Chelsea losing cl spot to a Scottish team

no chance it could be allowed

I would much rather win more than 10 in a row than go to bottom of English pyramid

I can see next season being very different from this one and I'd ignore all the past arguments . Think about possibilities. From a football perspective I'd love to see us play Liverpool and Man U and City and Arsenal et al rather than Motherwell or St Mirren or Hamilton or Sevco.

Agree entirely ,Football is like any other business ,buying/selling , while in this situ ,doubt any thing being concluded,hh

Sevco do not have enough cash to pay the wages due on 29th March. That would breach contracts and players would become free agents on the 30th March. 7 days to go. This week will see Sevco try to gain funds any way they can. No one wants to be a director of an insolvent company. Trading whilst insolvent is criminal. Tick tock.

Sevco do not have enough cash to pay the wages due on 29th March. That would breach contracts and players would become free agents on the 30th March. 7 days to go. This week will see Sevco try to gain funds any way they can. No one wants to be a director of an insolvent company. Trading whilst insolvent is criminal. Tick tock.
Let’s f@@king hope so. That’ll put their gas at a peep. It’ll be no more season should be null and void. It’ll be but, but, but nobody warned us again. You were warned the first time and you were warned this time you mutant c@nts.👍

Back