Summer worry

Dream on Bhoys. They will protect their own and last thing they want is Celtic taking the EPL by storm. With the vast revenue we would generate and our fan base we would be the most powerful team there and they know it.
HH🍀
Agreed - this is never going to happen, club Turkeys dont vote for xmas.

BUT - Possibly it might happen in current situation if SKY ( or equivelent) insist on it. TV pays for the EPL - IF TV decides they want Celtic in their league - then it will happen - it nothing to do with the EPL chairman - so as is the situation now with footie being suspended for SKY to say - we are paying your players wages and bills - and this is what we want for next year- and it would be Celtic and Sevco that TV want in the EPL thats what you would also have to accept

Agreed - this is never going to happen, club Turkeys dont vote for xmas.

BUT - Possibly it might happen in current situation if SKY ( or equivelent) insist on it. TV pays for the EPL - IF TV decides they want Celtic in their league - then it will happen - it nothing to do with the EPL chairman - so as is the situation now with footie being suspended for SKY to say - we are paying your players wages and bills - and this is what we want for next year- and it would be Celtic and Sevco that TV want in the EPL thats what you would also have to accept
It's never going to happen and I'd still doubt it even if tv said they wanted it, such is the power of the epl, they'd need only to argue the contract they signed said nothing of this sky would be held to that contract and the EPL would be free to find another broadcaster like bt or bein sports who would gladly take over. All hypothetical of course. I'd suspect David Moyes idea of a British cup returning would be more likely. If that worked without any trouble in either countries from fans of certain clubs like sevco , chelsea etc for a test period of a few seasons then maybe the police would give it their backing, still I could never see west ham, Leeds, west Brom, Newcastle etc the other big clubs on the fringes agreeing to it. I doubt that man city , utd, liverpool etc would be totally against it but the rest would

Whatever happens,after all his ,football in this country ,UK,will be changed ,could well look totally different from the current situation,it is wait and see ,it’s about money ,nobody is gonna vote to deprive themselves of finance ,hh
Its not just here that football will change forever due to significant clubs going to the wall.

Even if the major clubs don't use this as an excuse to go for a breakaway "Super League" I suspect football may need to restructure everywhere.

I can see discussions about possible cross border leagues (e.g. a low countries league of Belgium and the Netherlands, Scandanavia, Iberia, etc) as UEFA have to relax their rules. Whether this extends here for Scotland and England/Wales I have my doubts for the reasons stated above. Maybe even time to revive the Atlantic League???

The £1.5 million the SFA announced to help clubs is laughable and millions short of what's required but the spfl, have they announced anything similar in the way of financial help? I've not heard anything from them.

If Aberdeen go to the wall that would be catastrophic to the game here. They are probably the 3rd biggest club in the country. They haven't cheated and deserve help as do hearts.

Members online

Latest posts

Back