Supporting Scotland

Lubos left peg

Is there any Celtic fans who can bring themselves to support the national squad in the up and coming matches? Up until the death of rangers and everything that's followed I have supported Scotland and hoped they would do well. Even more so when I moved to England. But now I feel myself hoping they fail miserably. I have no interest in how they do. I will read how the Celtic players performed in the Celtic blogs.

Like yourself Lubos, since Liquidation (for any lurking huns... that’s when your team died in 2012) i’ve had no interest and actually dread the international breaks in case of injury to any of our players (including non Scottish players)

Dunno how that cheating hun keeper will be able to look any of our Bhoys straight in the eye this week

I feel a wee bit torn with it. I want to support the Celtic players in the squad but the association themselves are an utter disgrace.
I’ll watch the games wanting Scotland to win but not really giving too much of a toss if we get beat.
I WONT give them any money though. Not a chance.

Totally ambivalent to the national team, always have been. With the SFA run like a cabal and mcleish in charge I'll stay that way.
Griff and forrest have openly said they're glad to play and each to their own but not for me

I have been a big Scotland fan over the years i have always wanted them to win i have overlooked a lot of the sfa crap and any pro hun picking pish from the past but big ebt i mean big eck is 1 slap in the face too many. I dont want them to lose or win or anything just ignore the matches then if someone can let me know when he pisses off for a mid table premier league team

I support Scotland, always have done, always will do. Back in the day when our players didnt get picked, or got booed, i did. At least oor guys get a game noo. Its my country. The SFA are just the administrators of the game, I don't support he SFA I support Scotland.
Although to be fair i cant remember the last time i went - Iceland at Hampton 2009 maybe

Is there any Celtic fans who can bring themselves to support the national squad in the up and coming matches? Up until the death of rangers and everything that's followed I have supported Scotland and hoped they would do well. Even more so when I moved to England. But now I feel myself hoping they fail miserably. I have no interest in how they do. I will read how the Celtic players performed in the Celtic blogs.
Took my son to watch Scotland play Nor Ireland in the late seventies.Wee Jink y booed every time he touched the ball,never been back since,no interest.

Never supported Scotland never will and the fact that they ran cap n hand to Ginger EBT McLEISH just sums it up . I personally hope they get pumped .

Cannot bring myself to support Scotland followed celtic 63yrs and still remember when rangers supporters ie Scotland used to boo every celtic player playing for Scotland. Indeed I remember think it was Jinky being taken off and replaced with Henderson because of abuse well that's what they said Bulls,,,,

I support Scotland. I'm Scottish. The SFA does not run the game the way it should be but to me that is a separate issue. The managers EBT issues again to me are a separate issue. He should come out and apologise for his involvement in that as it is undoubtedly the biggest scandal in scottish football probably ever. I still want the team to do well. Plenty of Celtic bhoys in the team.

I support Scotland. I'm Scottish. The SFA does not run the game the way it should be but to me that is a separate issue. The managers EBT issues again to me are a separate issue. He should come out and apologise for his involvement in that as it is undoubtedly the biggest scandal in scottish football probably ever. I still want the team to do well. Plenty of Celtic bhoys in the team.
Sorry mate cannot agree on this SFA/SPL bent over backwards and produced 5way agreement and EBT they want to gloss over and not rock the boat and mcgliesh getting job shows old pals act if they get a chance they will take it but best of regards to u mate HH

Sorry mate cannot agree on this SFA/SPL bent over backwards and produced 5way agreement and EBT they want to gloss over and not rock the boat and mcgliesh getting job shows old pals act if they get a chance they will take it but best of regards to u mate HH
I get all that. For me football is emotional. I want my country to win. I could tell myself all things you say, not incorrect either , at the start of the game, try to remain detached.....McFadden whacks a 25 yarder in against the French.....and I'm going bananas. Can't help it.

Like a few others, I'm kinda torn here. Dont want to, but they are my country and our players are there. Also, my mum only supports Scotland and it's the games I usually take her to. So for that reason alone I will probably still support and go.

I lost interest in the Scotland team long before McLeish took the helm, but recently I have taken an active interest in the success of their opposition. Before McLeish I simply did not care, now I have a chuckle when the national representation fails. McLeish has stirred up a level of negativity that I did not know existed. His latest PROBLEM about which goalie to employ should have been an easy solve - pick the guy who is not a tax-cheating, flakey thug! Even with a healthy contingent of Bhoys in the team I cannot bring myself to back Scotland.

I also cheered when McFadden scored that goal. And before 2012 and the 5 way agreement and McEBT getting the Scotland job I cheered if any Scotland players scored. But now...if that thug McGregor say...saved a pen or that rat naismith scored I would be annoyed. I don't think they should be near the Scotland team. They are players who are cheats...and they are players that know that they have free reign by the corrupt SFA and SPFL to kick and hurt our players at any opportunity and they are taking their opportunities when they come. Any win for Scotland means the "Blazers" and McEBT Get to pat themselves on the back and the media get to say "McLeish is the man for the job" "lets not rake over old coals"

I alway supported Scotland - even over Ireland, and I'm half Irish! Went to the world cup in France supporting them. No longer though. I still want to see the team win and the Celtic players to do well, but I refuse to endorse anything the SFA does. I won't watch them on TV never mind go to a game. I refuse to watch Scottish cup games for the same reason. When the corrupt cabal that runs our game finally get their jotters and a new structure is in place that's accountable to all with an interest in the game - that's when I'll be back, shouting and singing as loud as I ever did before.

Back