Supporting Scotland

Just as a wee bolt on to the above..... how good was McGregor last night??? His running, space finding and fast interplay have become real top drawer. Great when playing in tight spaces given his control and fast layoffs and even better when the space opens up and his athleticism and decision making get the chance to shine. He's fast becoming undroppable.

Just as a wee bolt on to the above..... how good was McGregor last night??? His running, space finding and fast interplay have become real top drawer. Great when playing in tight spaces given his control and fast layoffs and even better when the space opens up and his athleticism and decision making get the chance to shine. He's fast becoming undroppable.
The best kept secret in Scottish football. Long may it continue, potential legend.

McGregor under rated for a while but I expect him to run into space etc - last night was not his best game but he hasn't have developed via Brendan's coaching. Great McLeish didn't play James Forrest as we need him fully fit - what a killer pass in the Sevco game.... Noah I was only counting Strachan's competitive games - anyway I hate even talking about Scotland - so getting off this thread...:giggle::giggle::giggle:

The Scotland job should never have been handed to AMcL.
Like wise AM should never have been allowed to wear a Scotland
jersey, due to his disgusting behaviour that shamed Scottish fooball.
Only in Scotland, every other country has the highest regard for their
National Team. As much as I love my country I fear pide will never
be resored.

Took my son to watch Scotland play Nor Ireland in the late seventies.Wee Jink y booed every time he touched the ball,never been back since,no interest.
I watched Scotland back in the day when they had a good team, that could compete against anyone
I remember jinky being booed by the Billy Boys in the crowd, even though he was playing well, he was substitued and on came a Rangers player (Willie Henderson) if memory serves me correctly
Don't get me wrong, WH was a great player in his own right and him and Jinky were mates, but it was just so blatant to see/hear so called Scotland fans, giving it to someone in the Scotland jersey
That night, I decided to never again, attend a National team game
I like to see my country doing well but it's not a level playing field these days and that, added to the numbnuts who can't see past their own bigotry, is a sad indictment to our game

Last edited:
Supported Scotland home and away for a long time three world cups and two euros . Gave up after Bertie Vogts never went back . The SFA are ripping the fans off . We are rated among third rate teams but charging the same prices as the top teams . Even to join the travel club is three times what I paid for and less of a service . Marjorie Nimmo was a true ambassador who worked tirelessly on her own to keep the tartan army happy . McLeish was the last straw I won't be back unless there is a monumental change at hampden park . Even hampden park is a disgrace at the moment they can't get anything right

I 100% agree with you T J Hooper. I’ve followed Scotland travelling to World Cups and Euros. After DeadCo disappeared I had hoped for change but sadly it’s worse than ever. McLeish’s appointment is so openly Sevco slanted they feel they no longer need to hide their allegiance to them. The selection decisions and comments expressed by McLeish should be the incentive for every Celtic player to “retire “from International Football. I will not give Sevco Mark 2 a penny of my money or my time in supporting them. Celtic first, Celtic last, Celtic always

Harping back to the 60’s when our players got a hard time is like harping back to not liking the Fermans because they bombed Clydebank. That’s the problem in this country, we don’t let the past go. We still dwell on past injustices as a reason to live our lives. This has a lot to do with the Irish situation which I think also needs to be left to history and allow the chance for a better future.

I’m Scottish, not Irish, I like to see them win. We’re shit so getting energised is difficult. International breaks are crap because of this.

I went to an Eire game in Dublin once and never heard one Republican song sung. That made me wonder, if they can let that go, why not us. We are trapped in a cycle of denying what nationality we are it seems to me and I have no doubt that is the reason some don’t support Scotland.

There should be no EBTers in Scotland team, squad or management team.
If ye canna get a game for Norwich how the fuck can ye get in the Scotland team? After his carry on with Ferguson during the George Burley era Mac Gregor should still be persona non grata at Hampden. Do we really need these people who had a hand in cheating every team in Scotland. The fact that the SFA employ these people is a kick in the puss to us all.
Truly torn about supporting the Scotland team now.
HH fae PR Dundee

Members online

Latest posts

Back