Supporting Scotland

I get all that. For me football is emotional. I want my country to win. I could tell myself all things you say, not incorrect either , at the start of the game, try to remain detached.....McFadden whacks a 25 yarder in against the French.....and I'm going bananas. Can't help it.
Hi best of luck to u pal feel the same about ROI ☘️☘️

I got thrown out a pub when McFadden scored that. In fairness I did have someone up on my shoulders who battered his head on the rafters. Left singing "We're not welcome any more!"

I hope they get well beaten and embarrassed in all their games now . This ,I beleive would help in bring an end to the corruption and cronyism in the SFA .Any organisation that is corrupt with a leadership shrouded in secrecy and self preservation for themselves will never encourage those they are leading to excel and develo to their maximum potential .This is clearly demonstrated by the fact the SFA could not get any candidate of calibre or ambition to even express interest in the managers position (who with any calibre or ambition would want to work for a board like them) Hence the appointment of a well past his sell by date McLeish I belive continued bad results and hopefully embarrassing results will encourage those who misguidedly give them support to join the rest of us and force them out with permanent change .

Maybe the SFA are fulfilling the liability given to McLeish ( and others in the future) in the Rangers side letters using the money from the gullible scottish fans , remember the SFA were fully aware about the EBT scam contradictory to their own rules and by that knowledge fully complicit .What better way to honour the side letter than to use OPM (other people's money ) in traditional rangers fashion lol

Is there any Celtic fans who can bring themselves to support the national squad in the up and coming matches? Up until the death of rangers and everything that's followed I have supported Scotland and hoped they would do well. Even more so when I moved to England. But now I feel myself hoping they fail miserably. I have no interest in how they do. I will read how the Celtic players performed in the Celtic blogs.
I think on Friday night there were only 3 non Celtic or ex Celtic players

HH?

The EBT manager and his Sevco token selections bother me. McWalkawaygoalcriminal is the only Sevcoite there on merit (playing anyway). I would not have him in team because he is a liability and cannot help himself from kicking or lashing out in true hun style. Tis the way they are its in their DNA, lie and cheat. I said on Friday I would always support Scotland no matter what. I may well cancel that while the EBT manager and his abscess of unmerited Huns (came up with abscess of Huns as a collective noun for them on Friday) are there. Never, ever thought I would say that when I started watching Scotland at the 1974 World Cup on tv as a nine year old. FTSFA for doing that to us.
Someone posted a list of SFA sponsors. They should be made aware that involvement with the corrupt SFA is more likely to repel customers than attract them. I am gonna change banks this week and I will be sure to tell BoS why.
Hail Hail fae People's Republic of Dundee

I support Scotland. I'm Scottish. The SFA does not run the game the way it should be but to me that is a separate issue. The managers EBT issues again to me are a separate issue. He should come out and apologise for his involvement in that as it is undoubtedly the biggest scandal in scottish football probably ever. I still want the team to do well. Plenty of Celtic bhoys in the team.
I would say the biggest sporting scandal on this Island ever

First Scotland game was Poland 1965 .big Billy only Celtic player and he scored only Scotland goal .Willie Johnston's debut at 17 .. good player! over 100k at game. I was blown away despite late goals lost .
Largely enjoyed watching over the years .
I think largely Rangers dominated support base in those days evaporated when they signed all the English players on tax free salaries and the bears/ clowns suddenly became England fans
Today I feel like throwing up when Mcleish comes on the radio or TV frankly I switch channel when Gerrard McCoist Walter Smith or McLeish himself come on. I don’t want to hear a word any of them have to say on any subject
Feel a bit sorry for CFC players in team .. most of our fans don’t give a toss and just don’t want them injured

Until the majority of fans in scotland wake up and realise that they are being taken for granted and treated as irrelevant nothing will change . The way that the SFA (and Sevco Dave King)are able to misrepresent any criticism or challenge to their integrity as being a partisan (seen by some as sectarian) squabble between Celtic and Sevco is a well practised and effective strategy which can only be maintained with the cooperation of the national press, the member clubs themselves and the continued lack of interest from the general football fan base .

I follow Ireland, so at the time wanted to qualify by any means! but go and reanalyse the group matches for Euro 2016 and see how Ireland and MON only just 'edged' Strachan.
MON goes down at the time (not now though) as a success.
Strachan a failure.

I remember thinking at the time, that neither team were that good and would need to rely on grit and hoofing a bit of luck. But as a Ireland fan would consider Strachan unlucky at the time.

Strachan is a genius compared to the clown you have now.

Last edited:
Is there any Celtic fans who can bring themselves to support the national squad in the up and coming matches? Up until the death of rangers and everything that's followed I have supported Scotland and hoped they would do well. Even more so when I moved to England. But now I feel myself hoping they fail miserably. I have no interest in how they do. I will read how the Celtic players performed in the Celtic blogs.
absolutely no interest in the scotland international team Iwould rather watch eastenders, personally I would rather our players declared they won't play in internationals

Why do the club not withdraw all support for the national team including players at all levels until the res 12 and other outstanding issues are dealt with. Would raise the profile of the issues across European football and embarass the SFA.

Why do the club not withdraw all support for the national team including players at all levels until the res 12 and other outstanding issues are dealt with. Would raise the profile of the issues across European football and embarass the SFA.

I agree with this 100% BUT

For many players it’s the height of their career to represent their country, would Kieran, CalMac, Broony, Jamsie & Gordon be at Celtic if we had such a policy.?

I used to try to bring myself to support them but just cannot do it now. McLeish's appointment is a disgrace. McGregor and Naismith were always getting selected tonight. Tierney, McGregor, Forrest and Griffiths should get themselves out of there. Lets hear all the crap supporting McLeish and Maxwell and the closed shop.... Celtic players should let them get Jack, Naismith, McGregor, Souter, Armstrong and the rest of the true blues get on with it.... Why pretend you think you are part of anything that has an EBT cheat heading it?

Is there anyone out there who thinks McLeish is a better manager that Strachan? Another guy hunted out to suit the core hoardes….

At the end Strachan was woeful.....though that doesn't make McLeish the answer. Can't remember the last good manager we had.

Gordon Strachan
Scotland 1 Wales 2
Serbia 2 Scotland 0
Croatia 0 Scotland 1
Scotland 0 Belgium 2
Macedonia 0 Scotland 1
Germany 2 Scotland 1
Poland 2 Scotland 2
Scotland 1 Republic of Ireland 0
Scotland 6 Gibraltar 1
Georgia 1 Scotland 0
Scotland 2 Germany 3
Scotland 2 Poland 2
Gibraltar 0 Scotland 6

Had Gordon Strachan never been at Celtic he would still be in the job. That said who really cares about Scotland - Celtic players and fans are kidding themselves if they think they are accepted by the Tartan Army. However 3-2 with Germany, 2-2 Poland and 6-0 with Gibraltar is woeful...maybe in Daily Record land??? I remember Tommy Burns getting the number 2 role at Scotland as he just couldn't cut it with the dynamic Walter Smith. TB wasn't to know about McLeish, Smith and McCoist and the EBT's that enhanced their records. I detest all these b******* who knowingly undermined our sport and the good people in it who competed unknowingly on an uneven playing field. The fact that the SFA now employees people like McLeish is sickening.

Gordon Strachan
Scotland 1 Wales 2
Serbia 2 Scotland 0
Croatia 0 Scotland 1
Scotland 0 Belgium 2
Macedonia 0 Scotland 1
Germany 2 Scotland 1
Poland 2 Scotland 2
Scotland 1 Republic of Ireland 0
Scotland 6 Gibraltar 1
Georgia 1 Scotland 0
Scotland 2 Germany 3
Scotland 2 Poland 2
Gibraltar 0 Scotland 6

Had Gordon Strachan never been at Celtic he would still be in the job. That said who really cares about Scotland - Celtic players and fans are kidding themselves if they think they are accepted by the Tartan Army. However 3-2 with Germany, 2-2 Poland and 6-0 with Gibraltar is woeful...maybe in Daily Record land??? I remember Tommy Burns getting the number 2 role at Scotland as he just couldn't cut it with the dynamic Walter Smith. TB wasn't to know about McLeish, Smith and McCoist and the EBT's that enhanced their records. I detest all these b******* who knowingly undermined our sport and the good people in it who competed unknowingly on an uneven playing field. The fact that the SFA now employees people like McLeish is sickening.
You missed out a few.....
The draw in Lithuania, the tanking in Slovakia, the draw in Slovenia, chucking against England .....ultimately I suppose I'm just thinking he was woeful cos we're always woeful. As for the SFA, EBT etc it's my country I won't let the cunts take it off me.

Was glad to see a lack of fans turning up last night to pay off Eck's EBT. Was also quite glad that Scotland got the win. Changes nothing regarding my opinions of the SFA or McLeish's ability but the gushing press reaction is just embarrassing. They were a poor team. Incidentally I thought McGinn had a poor game and gave away possession far too often. He's still got a lot to learn.

Back