surprise surprise

Anton the British weren't an occupying force as you well know about the geographic of N I. Palestine is under occupation by an illegal force that most of the world back.I don't like hypocrisy in any form. As I said in an earlier post I will not condone the IRA of the troubles era. Killing their own people is not on. Wars are fought amongst enemies, you don't kill your own. The British soldiers who shot and killed Irish men and women a high percentage would have been Catholic. You Anton are a brave man as are all Irish men and women who had to endure those dark times.. One day I hope to see a united Ireland and a Palestine with Jerusalem as its capital. Arab and Jews working together in a Palestine Parliament for the better of all. HH ☘️
War is rotten no matter what way it's dressed up. But I can't get my head around how these scummy bastards that tried to tramp over us are honoured every year as heroes with their poppies. They are mongrels and the lowest form of scum on the planet. And I know people might not agree with me, but if it wasn't for the IRA , we would have been slaughtered by these so called heroes. And while I agree that there were some in it for themselves, there were a lot of good men. I can understand if people don't like the songs being sung at football matches, but me personally, have no problem with it. And while we're on the subject of the so called heroes, why not look up the documentary "unquiet graves". It's not fully released to the public yet, but it will shine a light on some of the shite these scumbags were involved in.

Anton the British weren't an occupying force as you well know about the geographic of N I. Palestine is under occupation by an illegal force that most of the world back.I don't like hypocrisy in any form. As I said in an earlier post I will not condone the IRA of the troubles era. Killing their own people is not on. Wars are fought amongst enemies, you don't kill your own. The British soldiers who shot and killed Irish men and women a high percentage would have been Catholic. You Anton are a brave man as are all Irish men and women who had to endure those dark times.. One day I hope to see a united Ireland and a Palestine with Jerusalem as its capital. Arab and Jews working together in a Palestine Parliament for the better of all. HH ☘️

Jeez, AB, there is nothing brave about me whatsoever. We just didn't know anything different to what we were living in ... it was normal to us.

Even if there is a United Ireland then it will only come about if dual nationality, indeed, British nationality is permanently/perpetually granted to those who want it. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

I am an Irish citizen as is confirmed on my passport. Others is their business, I don't feel a need to be bothered by it.

The major problem we have with the Israeli's, at the minute, is the unwavering US support - that is criminal in itself! No matter who has been in charge!

There are Jews who despise the Zionist (apartheid) policies of the Israeli government. When they and powerful, peaceful Arabs get together in numbers we shall have a start on the road to a peaceful settlement.

No other government will do it, it has to be them.

If it hadn't been for the likes John Hume and David Trimble - who effectively destroyed their own parties in the process - there would not be the 'fragile' peace we have today.

The flying of a flag at CP as an act of one-sided support may well be praiseworthy but it doesn't tell the whole story regarding those Jews within/outside Israel who disagree with their government's policies.

When we simplify everything to them and us there is no objectivity which, in turn, gives hope to no one!

War is rotten no matter what way it's dressed up. But I can't get my head around how these scummy bastards that tried to tramp over us are honoured every year as heroes with their poppies. They are mongrels and the lowest form of scum on the planet. And I know people might not agree with me, but if it wasn't for the IRA , we would have been slaughtered by these so called heroes. And while I agree that there were some in it for themselves, there were a lot of good men. I can understand if people don't like the songs being sung at football matches, but me personally, have no problem with it. And while we're on the subject of the so called heroes, why not look up the documentary "unquiet graves". It's not fully released to the public yet, but it will shine a light on some of the shite these scumbags were involved in.
HH deadner agree with you m8. HH ☘️

Jeez, AB, there is nothing brave about me whatsoever. We just didn't know anything different to what we were living in ... it was normal to us.

Even if there is a United Ireland then it will only come about if dual nationality, indeed, British nationality is permanently/perpetually granted to those who want it. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

I am an Irish citizen as is confirmed on my passport. Others is their business, I don't feel a need to be bothered by it.

The major problem we have with the Israeli's, at the minute, is the unwavering US support - that is criminal in itself! No matter who has been in charge!

There are Jews who despise the Zionist (apartheid) policies of the Israeli government. When they and powerful, peaceful Arabs get together in numbers we shall have a start on the road to a peaceful settlement.

No other government will do it, it has to be them.

If it hadn't been for the likes John Hume and David Trimble - who effectively destroyed their own parties in the process - there would not be the 'fragile' peace we have today.

The flying of a flag at CP as an act of one-sided support may well be praiseworthy but it doesn't tell the whole story regarding those Jews within/outside Israel who disagree with their government's policies.

When we simplify everything to them and us there is no objectivity which, in turn, gives hope to no one!
Well said Anton respect to you. HH ☘️

I teckon most govts are high up on that hatred then lol

I love quotes from the young Billy Connolly - feck he was funny when he started off: "The desire to become a politician should bar you from politics for life!"

Governments are so corrupt that I'm actually glad we don't know half of what goes on!

Hey everyone!
Let’s not get lost in non football debates !
The score was 6-0 today
His good was that?
and Who would have bet on it happening?
And would anyone not have taken that in a heartbeat.. particularly with two wee Pygmy teams getting all the attention even though they are battling it out for uefa spots !
Don’t forget one young man tonight (written off not long ago ) He has been very loyal to the club and had the game of his career so far!
Isn’t That something to celebrate?

Hey everyone!
The score was 6-0 today
His good was that?
And would anyone not have taken that in a heartbeat.. particularly with two wee Pygmy teams getting all the attention even though they are battling it out for uefa spots !
Don’t forget one young man tonight (written off not long ago ) He has been very loyal to the club and had the game of his career so far!
spot on Verum,mojo's back,be afraid spfl!! HH

Maria
You didn’t answer my point ?
I get the Palestinian stuff I really do
I feel sick when I see what goes on over there
But what the f@ck does it have to do with us watching football in Scotland ?

I have answered it, perhaps not directly to your request but the answer is there.

Perhaps you could show the same lack of diligence in looking at the flags as you have in finding the answer.
???

Then you wouldn’t seem so irritable pal ?

Hey everyone!
The score was 6-0 today
His good was that?

I found it pal. My post reply at 10:04. Lol

Stella time MD.? Bet you've already started hours ago you old sop. ?? 6 Stella's for the goals and 6 well just fur the fun of it. ??HH m8 ☘️

Well hey sugar, didn’t i used to tan a litre straight of vodoo in 20 minutes then hit the boozer. Ah s’pose the writing was on the wall all along ???

Hey everyone!
The score was 6-0 today
His good was that?

Ah loved what james forrest said on his blog Verum2.

A forrest fire burned right through them before half time.

For me thats the back page headline of the year.

Well if i actually read the rags ???

Hey everyone!
The score was 6-0 today
His good was that?

Ah, some sanity coming back in to the thread.

Everyone, I respect your diverse opinions on Ireland, Britain, Palestine...wherever.
But, what does any of it have to do with football?

We don't all share the same opinions on the politics.
But, we do all share a love for Celtic FC.

Can't we just support the team?
Do we really need to sing songs about the IRA to celebrate our football club?
Do we need to sing songs about an uprising from 102 years ago to celebrate our football club?

To my mind, all it does is give 'them' (media, other clubs, SFA, SFPL, whoever) an excuse.
It lumps us in with disgraceful songs from other supports.

Please, all my fellow Celtic fans, just support the team on the field - the rest is just an unnecessary distraction.

Best wishes to you all.

Ah, some sanity coming back in to the thread.

Everyone, I respect your diverse opinions on Ireland, Britain, Palestine...wherever.
But, what does any of it have to do with football?

We don't all share the same opinions on the politics.
But, we do all share a love for Celtic FC.

Can't we just support the team?
Do we really need to sing songs about the IRA to celebrate our football club?
Do we need to sing songs about an uprising from 102 years ago to celebrate our football club?

To my mind, all it does is give 'them' (media, other clubs, SFA, SFPL, whoever) an excuse.
It lumps us in with disgraceful songs from other supports.

Please, all my fellow Celtic fans, just support the team on the field - the rest is just an unnecessary distraction.

Best wishes to you all.
So fair enough you don't like the discussion on politics and Irish history, yet you proceed to give your opinion on the same topic and ask the same questions previously asked??? I don't think there's one person commenting on here that doesn't support the team. By not talking about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's no one arguing here, it's just differing opinions!

Back