SVIATCHENKO RETURN ?

Jinkybhoy

I hope that it happens - far too many players who wanted to stay have been shown the door.
You need to have players that have an affinity with your club - some born into it - others like Eric
that just bye into the whole deal. So this gets my vote 100%.

Unless he has grown a few inches and gained a yard of speed then no thanks. A defensive pair of him and Jullien would be a nightmare against any team with pace.

Appreciate your point of view but give me a team full of guys that want to actually be there any day of the week.
If we were signing Sviatchenko and another pacy, left sided central defender then I'd be happy with that. I liked Sviatchenko, he was ditched by Rodgers after one poor performance at Ibrox in the Invincible season, and got a bad injury v Rosenborg at the start of the next season and was loaned out in the January. A good defender but has his limitations, pace being the main one.

If we were signing Sviatchenko and another pacy, left sided central defender then I'd be happy with that. I liked Sviatchenko, he was ditched by Rodgers after one poor performance at Ibrox in the Invincible season, and got a bad injury v Rosenborg at the start of the next season and was loaned out in the January. A good defender but has his limitations, pace being the main one.
I remember the game well - he was bossed out of that game by the Joe Swash lookalike - but he was then replaced with Jack Hendry.

Yes he wasn't the quickest, but to offload him for £1m and spend much more on his replacements Hendry, Compper & Duffy who were all much much worse for us in the Hoops - meanwhile he excelled in Denmark during that time. Although him and his family love Celtic and he would run through a brick wall for us maybe his time has gone for us and we can get better value for money.

With regards to his lack of pace, I also thought Lustig's legs had gone 3 seasons ago and yet he did fairly well against a young, fast Spain a couple of nights ago - you have to select the right game plan to emphasise the strengths of your pool of players rather than stubbornly stick to tactics that clearly do not suit them. Just as Lustig can't do non-stop lung bursting runs up and down the pitch all game long any more, then Sviatchenko and Jullien (and certainly not Duffy) are not so suited to playing the high line while we recklessly throw 7 or 8 players forward into attack.

Loved his passion for the club liked his play
Not the quickest but gave everything to the cause. Rogers got rid of him and nothing that came after was even close to him good solid defender good on the ball. Take him back in a heartbeat.
But we’d have to pay out this board want World Class freebies for Peanuts it’s the Celtic Wiy (board led Lawwell fed)

HH 🍀

Would be a player I would welcome back especially in such a fragile position we have struggled in as regards he should settle in very quickly.
Just think we might be looking for more younger players in general, but a bit of experience with also be needed so a yes from me

Members online

Latest posts

Back