Take a bow son ..

Suella Braverman claimed to be outraged because her is husband is Jewish. It’s worth pointing out that under the legislation she is introducing her husbands family would have had to stay in Nazi occupied Europe and let themselves be murdered.
Asylum is legally enshrined in UN High Commision for Refugees (UNHCR) of which Britain is a signatory. There is no legal route to claim asylum from abroad. The only way to claim Asylum is to come here illegally.

The BBC claim to be impartial, check this out from Prof John Robertson from West of Scotland University.

Last edited:
Maybe so Docco, and I agree everyone should have the right to free speech. How GL invoked Godwins law is a bit of a mystery to me though. Can't remember Germany being flooded with boat people in the 30s. I think it was the exact opposite.
But Lineker wasn't commenting on the people escaping tyranny and hatred to try to save their families's lives by fleeing into or out of a specific country. Instead he was complaining about the disgusting LANGUAGE being used to dehumanise real people, often based largely on ethnic, racist and/or sectarian bigotry. Once the propoganda removes the human element on these people then it is much easier to persuade the masses than you can inflict any horrors on them that you wish.

And that IS what happened in Germany in the 1930s against gypsies, Jews, Catholics, gays, mentally handicapped, physically disabled, blacks/racially inferiors and other such groups deemed to be sub-human, who were then happily and openly persecuted by many Germans with tragic consequences.

But Lineker wasn't commenting on the people escaping tyranny and hatred to try to save their families's lives by fleeing into or out of a specific country. Instead he was complaining about the disgusting LANGUAGE being used to dehumanise real people, often based largely on ethnic, racist and/or sectarian bigotry. Once the propoganda removes the human element on these people then it is much easier to persuade the masses than you can inflict any horrors on them that you wish.

And that IS what happened in Germany in the 1930s against gypsies, Jews, Catholics, gays, mentally handicapped, physically disabled, blacks/racially inferiors and other such groups deemed to be sub-human, who were then happily and openly persecuted by many Germans with tragic consequences.

Very well put BB.

Very well said bigman. I was gonna write similar only I couldn't be bothered. This right wing white supremacy mentality is creeping into ireland now too. People have a short memory of how our ancestors were treated and still travelled the globe. Sad times for humanity.

Very well said bigman. I was gonna write similar only I couldn't be bothered. This right wing white supremacy mentality is creeping into ireland now too. People have a short memory of how our ancestors were treated and still travelled the globe. Sad times for humanity.
I was on holiday in Lanzarote last week and was speaking to a bhoy from Dublin who is heavily involved with the trade union movement. He was telling me the same that a lot of the younger ones are now being brain washed into supporting white supremacy beliefs and having strong anti immigrant attitudes 😡

Members online

Latest posts

Back