Take a deep breath and start again.

VinDoBhoy

Coming out of Rugby Park on Sunday was as gloomy an experience as I can remember during the reign of Brendan Rodgers. Sickened by a performance which at 1-1 looked like it couldn't get any worse, we were further sickened by a sucker punch in injury time. There is no doubt that events behind the scenes have had a detrimental affect on the players. The transfer window was 10 weeks plus of relentless disappointment, culminating in the deadline day departure of Moussa Dembele in a window in which we also lost Stuart Armstrong and Patrick Roberts. And of course there was the John McGinn fiasco, and the Boyata debacle, and on and on. Then last week we had the spectacle of the Manager denigrating Leigh Griffiths in public whilst singing the praises of Steven Naismith, the same player, I might remind you, who set out to cripple one of our players just a few weeks ago. If he had nothing good to say about Griffiths, Brendan he should have just said nothing. I hope it was a momentary relapse which he has apologised to the player for. That some players have not been performing is something we can all see. But it's one thing criticise players in general, without singling for criticism one of the few players who has been performing well. That said, I think we need to circle the wagons around Brendan Rodgers, but he needs to be careful in how he handles such situations. The rapport between Brendan and the players which brought us a double treble was one the key aspects of his management style. It allowed him to get the best out of players. Without that rapport there is only chaos. Collectively we need to take a deep breath and start again. The chariot isn't completely out of control. We may have broken a wheel but we're still in the race. Two good results against St.Johnstone and Aberdeen would end this week a whole lot better than it began, and leave us a whole lot happier leaving Paradise on Saturday than we were leaving Rugby Park on Sunday. Can we turn it around? Of course we can. We just need to get back to basics.

I've found Brendans comments of late a little strange to say the least. Not that he has said them but that he has said them so publicly. Ok he wanted to let the board and no doubt us know that he wasn't happy regarding transfers. How did that turn out? For me he scored some points but ultimately started the ball rolling on this feeding frenzy that all the haters have been so eagerly wanting. All the stuff of late, tranfer activities, how the squad is weaker, how they never done their designated jobs in certain games, to his comments on Griffiths should in my opinion have all been dealt with internally. We all know how the MSM here are absolutely loving this, why willingly give them fuel to feed the fire.

I believe that the current problems lie in the fact that we have given tactical advantage to our opposition. Brendan has not yet been able to figure out how to take that advantage back.
We had a system... it worked
Opposition teams developed a system to beat our system .... it's working
We need to develop a system to beat their system and regain advantage.
We still have the better players. We need new tactics. Up to you Brendan. He'll get there

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back