Talk to your celtic hero

Jinky1962

I just seen a post by a well known celtic noise member bertie auld I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if it was the man himself I could listen to him all day and night.I think it would be a nice idea if the powers that be on the noise could maybe get some past or present players to do a question and answer session. What player would you like to ask a question of and what would it be.hh

I just seen a post by a well known celtic noise member bertie auld I thought to myself wouldn't it be great if it was the man himself I could listen to him all day and night.I think it would be a nice idea if the powers that be on the noise could maybe get some past or present players to do a question and answer session. What player would you like to ask a question of and what would it be.hh

Hows about it Broony ???
Only jokin.....

Too kind jinky but if it's the post that I think your talking about,Bertie Auld is my dad's hero he said he was the dig the steel the engine room to make the bhoys tick.
He went to all the games him and his grandad at first then he went on the supporter's bus and the Lisbon lions are true pioneers of the way football should be played a never say die attitude fought for each other and would beat opposition with style grace and dignity with respect to your opponents win lose or draw and add to that honesty truthful and humility and never took anything for granted in football and in life so made them true inspirational hero's to a man and what's now known as the celtic way we'll they all walk on water to me and my dad the joy and success they've given and passed on to generations well to me it's a Film and an Oscar in the making from it's origins to date.

My dad used to say the only downside to that glorious night in Lisbon,was he had to go to mass twice that day because it was a holiday of obligation ? even on our greatest night my old man still complaining you canny win with some folk alway's complaining ?

ah wiz workin as a security guard lookin after buildins,in the early eighties,fur Lafferty the builder,one night, in walked jinky,he was goin through bad times and Lafferty gave him a gig,supervisin the sites,ah made him a cup of tea and talked aboot the red star belgrade game,he said ah'd rather drive a van fur Lafferty than fly!!!! god bless ye Jinky!

The guys leading up to and after the seville run were my and still are my hero's. Just my generation....not a bad time to be a lad looking up to those players and the things they achieved.
Wish I'd been old enough to go on a few of the euro away days.
My ideal would be getting the best of that 10years together get a skin full of pints and just listen to the stories.
The quiet dafty grinning in the corner not sure how he ended up at the table ?

The guys leading up to and after the seville run were my and still are my hero's. Just my generation....not a bad time to be a lad looking up to those players and the things they achieved.
My ideal would be getting the best of that 10years together get a skin full of pints and just listen to the stories.
nice wan Bobo!

Aw Bobo too cute pal ?

Aww come on BBB........that's a bit harsh on Ulrich Laursen. It's no his fault he couldn't keep his legs closed

Had the pleasure of spending an evenin in the company of big billy, Bertie, Tommy gemmill and all the rest a while back in Vegas at a Celtic convention. Unbelievable craic they all were. Lookin back now I probably didn't appreciate it enough at the time. But if I had a chance to meet with anyone alive or dead it would have to be brother walfrid. I'd love him to see what Celtic have achieved mainly because of him. And maybe I'd like to have a craic with Jimmy mcgrory.

Had the pleasure of spending an evenin in the company of big billy, Bertie, Tommy gemmill and all the rest a while back in Vegas at a Celtic convention. Unbelievable craic they all were. Lookin back now I probably didn't appreciate it enough at the time. But if I had a chance to meet with anyone alive or dead it would have to be brother walfrid. I'd love him to see what Celtic have achieved mainly because of him. And maybe I'd like to have a craic with Jimmy mcgrory.

Oh hark at you, i met the creme de la creme in Vegas ya big Irish Name Drapper ye ???

Hail Hail Deadener!

"I'd love him to see what Celtic have achieved mainly because of him."
Maybe he did see it and still sees it, HH

Members online

Back