Team churn

djcrtoye

Been thinking about this for a while. I've noticed that we normally keep players for about 18mths- 2yrs then sell on for good money nothing wrong with that. What concerns me is that the player turn over is high. Also we get a good partnership in all areas of the field, then one or both players move on. Then the new players come in and start a new partnership and the cycle begins again. What is needed is a bit of stability. Anybody think the same ?

Been thinking about this for a while. I've noticed that we normally keep players for about 18mths- 2yrs then sell on for good money nothing wrong with that. What concerns me is that the player turn over is high. Also we get a good partnership in all areas of the field, then one or both players move on. Then the new players come in and start a new partnership and the cycle begins again. What is needed is a bit of stability. What dooes
It's a funny world trying to keep shareholders who need returns and fans who want success both happy. Look at sevco. They are trying to catch up with our business model after years of cheating but have so much debt they can't. We have a tricky balancing act but we follow the rules. (Hard to say as an anarchist ?)

It's a funny world trying to keep shareholders who need returns and fans who want success both happy. Look at sevco. They are trying to catch up with our business model after years of cheating but have so much debt they can't. We have a tricky balancing act but we follow the rules. (Hard to say as an anarchist ?)
Shareholders return for who? You won't make massive money out a football club that's for sure. Most shareholders are fans so let's put that myth to bed. How much do think DD makes out of Celtic? Millions aye. The guy doesn't even take a nominal fee.

Maybe return for shareholders was the wrong expression but shareholders certainly don't want to be tapped for money all the time. I am not a business man but Celtic needs to be run sustainably, twas all I was saying. I am open to suggestions as to how we should progess though will not be a major financial player.

Maybe return for shareholders was the wrong expression but shareholders certainly don't want to be tapped for money all the time. I am not a business man but Celtic needs to be run sustainably, twas all I was saying. I am open to suggestions as to how we should progess though will not be a major financial player.
Totally get you mate but Celtic have been sustainably run for 20yrs how do you think we are where are CL? the filth getting liquidated? No business model put down by Fergus.thats what gives Celtic a solid financial base. HH ā˜˜

Exactly that. I'm old enough to remember the heights we reached and our fight for survival. No desire for the return of the latter. As a distant supporter I would like to be involved more and would love to see the young fans of today see our club competing with the best in Europe again. How we do it is the million dollar question. Impossible? Not a nice word to hear.

Unless your in the EPL then you have next to no chance in the European cup. That said how many English clubs have won it in the last 10yrs.not worried about Europe truth be told as long as we keep winning domestically. HH

Res 12 was took up by shareholders they still get dividends and the huns denied them a better dividend from a healthier pot had Celtic took up the spot that was rightly theirs.

Been thinking about this for a while. I've noticed that we normally keep players for about 18mths- 2yrs then sell on for good money nothing wrong with that. What concerns me is that the player turn over is high. Also we get a good partnership in all areas of the field, then one or both players move on. Then the new players come in and start a new partnership and the cycle begins again. What is needed is a bit of stability. Anybody think the same ?

The amount log loanees concerns me more

They come in and play then go back to their parent Club a more developed player while we are left scrambling around for replacements either to buy or to have loaned to us

The thing is ..... some of the loaners we take and develop aren't even all that great even when they go back to their parent Club or elsewhere and it means that OUR existing players have missed out on playing and development time

Celtic are a MAJOR Club in Europe and also throughout the rest of the world

We see teams from the likes of Ukraine and Khasakstan being able to tempt skilled young Brazilians or Africans as well as Eurooeans so why can't we?

We play in front of bigger crowds Our weather is better than that of many of the old Soviet nations We constantly compete for CL or EUROPA LEAGUE at least
There MUST be quality players out there who want to play for a team like Celtic

And if and when we do get them when we sell them on to whoever for whatever we get which is far less than the true value we should bump up our Sell On clauses to compensate

We should start playing HARDBALL and stop being seen as a Development and Selling Club

At least if we do lose players to Clubs with much higher income than us we shouldn't allow them to leave for less than what they are worth

HH?

The amount log loanees concerns me more

They come in and play then go back to their parent Club a more developed player while we are left scrambling around for replacements either to buy or to have loaned to us

The thing is ..... some of the loaners we take and develop aren't even all that great even when they go back to their parent Club or elsewhere and it means that OUR existing players have missed out on playing and development time

Celtic are a MAJOR Club in Europe and also throughout the rest of the world

We see teams from the likes of Ukraine and Khasakstan being able to tempt skilled young Brazilians or Africans as well as Eurooeans so why can't we?

We play in front of bigger crowds Our weather is better than that of many of the old Soviet nations We constantly compete for CL or EUROPA LEAGUE at least
There MUST be quality players out there who want to play for a team like Celtic

And if and when we do get them when we sell them on to whoever for whatever we get which is far less than the true value we should bump up our Sell On clauses to compensate

We should start playing HARDBALL and stop being seen as a Development and Selling Club

At least if we do lose players to Clubs with much higher income than us we shouldn't allow them to leave for less than what they are worth

HH?
Same as you BC,fed up with this lone stuff, but what can we do ? E ngland and big bits of Europe are out of our bracket unless we can get from smaller nations, that means scouting has to be tip-top!as you say South America is a possible place,but ? Not all are maybe good enough,remember jock stein getting two from there ,did not last long as far as I can remember, this is all down to stupid money available via tv/ sponsors etc, live within our means is the policy, just keep an eye on the south side,the Big Bang will happen ,hh

Members online

Latest posts

Back