Texas holdem help

Jinky1962

Iv got a problem I'm going to a Texas holdem game next Saturday night iv played the game a few times the people I'm playing with are mostly friends the others are thier young lads and friends they play all the time iv never won and this is the Christmas game we have been throwing in 3 quid a week all year and thier 20 people playing so the winnings will be big.so what I need is a few tips something that just might tip the balance in my favour please help.

Iv got a problem I'm going to a Texas holdem game next Saturday night iv played the game a few times the people I'm playing with are mostly friends the others are thier young lads and friends they play all the time iv never won and this is the Christmas game we have been throwing in 3 quid a week all year and thier 20 people playing so the winnings will be big.so what I need is a few tips something that just might tip the balance in my favour please help.
Don't shout "I'VE GOTTA FLUSH" when you gotta flush.

don't look at your cards until everybody has looked at theirs, look at their reactions to looking at their cards

And see if their reactions change each hand

Most people are looking at their own cards while others are looking theirs

Unless they are real sharks there a good chance you will know who has decent opening cards

And over game that can be crucial edge in head to head encounters or gauging whether to fold or call

But if everybody is just ordinary players then it makes it much more random and therefore more risky and hard to read signals in body language.

Its a game of deception of power or deception of having weakness

So practice your Poker face :p

That's a real good show there with a lot in it about the mechanisms of card sharks. Well worth a watch if you have time.

I was playing holdem one night, shitfaced and the light in the back room of the bar was poor. I thought I had an ace high flush but it was the ace of clubs not spades and still won the hand. The best bluff is when you are bluffin yerself!

Members online

Latest posts

Back