That other team ,ower there

Callum Davidson is quite rightly absolutely raging at Gollum's inept/cowardly/corrupt game changing decisions yesterday:

“I think Nicky’s one is harsh. He was getting fouled originally and lost his balance as he went to ground. Jack has actually come into him at force, not the other way round.

late, at speed and with force. Willie has gone to check it, seen the replay where Jack has gone straight leg studs at Adam’s ankle - and it’s only a yellow card.

“That sums up the game. Normally when you go over, it’s a red card but the less I say about it the better.

“It’s a tough place to come with 11 men, never mind 10. I was surprised Willie didn’t go to the screen for Nicky’s one.That’s what VAR is for, isn’t it? I’m unsure as to how they interpret things in the rules. I genuinely thought it was a foul on Nicky.

“I had a wee strop on the side, that’s why I was booked. I just chucked a bottle but I was frustrated at a few things going on. Little things were irritating me, as well as a couple of big decisions. As for the penalty Rangers got, it’s a rule we have to change.

“James’ hand is up but it has deflected off Connor Goldson’s back from half a yard away. I’m not sure what he’s meant to do. There is no intent to handle it. We have to be a little bit sensible as big decisions in games are affecting the outcome. We have to look at the handball rule at the end of the season.'

Watching their highlights and as Michael Stewart said, Collum had three big decisions to make and got all three wrong (or right depending on what he was told).
Have they changed the interpretation of the handball law again? The penalty was a penalty pre World Cup break when if the ball hit a defending player on the arm it was an automatic penalty (except if you are Michael Smith of Hearts playing v Celtic) but since the restart that type of handball has not been given (they should call it the Goldson interpretation).
The St Johnstone sending off wasn't even a free kick, he wins the ball and his knee catches Jack on the shin on the slide through. If St J appeal they should get that red overturned, although the damage was already done.
The Jack assault on Montgomery was the most outrageous decision of them all. The fact he is asked to look again by the VAR referee and he still deems it to be a yellow card challenge shows that Collum's incompetence is a danger to players. Celtic should publicly call out a tackle that could have ended the career of one of our youngsters, they won't of course, but someone at the club should be asking why that type of attack on a player is allowed.
It will be interesting to see what ludicrous decisions yesterday's VAR referee, and the on pitch referee at Tannadice, comes up with today. The fact he works with Rangers will of course be irrelevant and ignored.

This is the Transparency that THE SFA spoke about at the start of the season involving Refs and VAR of course the blinds are drawn and the door is closed with the do not disturb sign hanging on the handle they are quite happy to take the money out of Scottish Football but do nothing no use to man nor beast until it goes tits up and then they will come out with the usual crap we will investigate and report back if memory serves we are still waiting for report backs from last season as use as a wire teapot

Crawford Allan, SFA Head of Referees, sometimes known as the Invisible Man, has only once during his post Dallas tenure came out and spoke of a refereeing decision. Dec 2021 when Kyogo scored what turned out to be the winner v Hearts and he may have been fractionally offside (there were no conclusive pictures one way or the other). Allan spent the following weekend touring the media studios to tell all and sundry that the official got the decision wrong. 14 months later, 4 months of VAR, ridiculous decision after ridiculous decision, referees now a laughing stock. Where is Crawford Allan? Should he not be explaining, week on week, why decisions were made? Or at least should he let us know why he has only publicly commented on the Kyogo decision, a marginal decision and not one of the many completely wrong decisions since.
Having a new system like VAR was a perfect opportunity to communicate with everyone as to the reasoning behind decisions that no one can understand. As always, like the secret society they are, the SFA have gone for the ignore it and it'll blow over approach.

I honestly think that if this continues in its present form of the authorities completely ignoring the ridiculous decisions that are going against clubs when playing against the establishment club their is gonna be trouble in the stands.
What club can go without any VAR decisions go against them (NOT ONE) and be the benefactors of every other decision against their opponents.
Not one penalty given against them in 40 domestic games and counting....this is just ridiculous and yet we are meant to accept this.
I believe it is only a matter of time before it all boils over and supporters take it in to their own hands if nothing continues to be done.
I don't condone it but it's only a matter of time before a crazy attacks a referee for this blatant cheating.
Simply doing nothing and ignoring the masses is gonna be on them when it does come to pass. But of course we will be the bad ones.

Scottish football needs referees from another country I know it's been said many times but surely the time has come.

They are never going to let that happen…..the average salary for an SPFL referee is circa £67,500 per season, more if they are on the European roster. Assistant referees are on about half of that. VAR duties are likely to increase these figures.

Bringing in foreign referees would see an end to the lucrative MIB gravy train and their tendency to do the right thing by the Huns, and that will not be allowed to happen anytime soon.

In my view we should be holding Crawford Allan accountable. He is the Head of Refereeing Operations at the SFA. He is the head of the snake.

For the MIB to consistently act in the nefarious way that they do, they obviously know their actions are being condoned by this man. He need to go…

Watching their highlights and as Michael Stewart said, Collum had three big decisions to make and got all three wrong (or right depending on what he was told).
Have they changed the interpretation of the handball law again? The penalty was a penalty pre World Cup break when if the ball hit a defending player on the arm it was an automatic penalty (except if you are Michael Smith of Hearts playing v Celtic) but since the restart that type of handball has not been given (they should call it the Goldson interpretation).
The St Johnstone sending off wasn't even a free kick, he wins the ball and his knee catches Jack on the shin on the slide through. If St J appeal they should get that red overturned, although the damage was already done.
The Jack assault on Montgomery was the most outrageous decision of them all. The fact he is asked to look again by the VAR referee and he still deems it to be a yellow card challenge shows that Collum's incompetence is a danger to players. Celtic should publicly call out a tackle that could have ended the career of one of our youngsters, they won't of course, but someone at the club should be asking why that type of attack on a player is allowed.
It will be interesting to see what ludicrous decisions yesterday's VAR referee, and the on pitch referee at Tannadice, comes up with today. The fact he works with Rangers will of course be irrelevant and ignored.
I would be surprised if Walsh, the gelled poseur with a conflict of interests, wasn't egging him on over the comms. After all, I don't think the huns have lost any game he has refereed (???) and now he will want to extend that to any game he has officiated.

They are never going to let that happen…..the average salary for an SPFL referee is circa £67,500 per season, more if they are on the European roster. Assistant referees are on about half of that. VAR duties are likely to increase these figures.

Bringing in foreign referees would see an end to the lucrative MIB gravy train and their tendency to do the right thing by the Huns, and that will not be allowed to happen anytime soon.

In my view we should be holding Crawford Allan accountable. He is the Head of Refereeing Operations at the SFA. He is the head of the snake.

For the MIB to consistently act in the nefarious way that they do, they obviously know their actions are being condoned by this man. He need to go…
Plus their day jobs?

Michael Stewart made a good point on Sportscene, Collum is super quick to flash red or yellow cards. He waited a full minute before showing Clark the red card. What happened in that minute? Stewart hinted that a wee whisper in Colloums ear from VAR was the deciding factor. VAR called that red card and Collum obliged without going to the screen.
What was said to you during that minute Wullie?

Michael Stewart made a good point on Sportscene, Collum is super quick to flash red or yellow cards. He waited a full minute before showing Clark the red card. What happened in that minute? Stewart hinted that a wee whisper in Colloums ear from VAR was the deciding factor. VAR called that red card and Collum obliged without going to the screen.
All conversations between VAR ref and pitch ref should be heard by everyone watching, they do it in Rugby and theres absolutely no reason they can't do it in football.

If celtic where 9 points behind the rangers the words and sour grapes would be thrown around like shares at ibrox. But we are 9 in front with no grapes sour or not these are genuine grievances not only by our club but all other clubs bar one.imatim mentioned that the head of this snake is Crawford Allen you know the man who shit himself when kyogo scored a goal that might have been ofside but hasn't be seen or heard of since he is another person who only sees his responsibility is to any club except celtic this league is rotten uefa need to get involved or celtic should make it clear they will consider moving to another league it really is that bad.

All conversations between VAR ref and pitch ref should be heard by everyone watching, they do it in Rugby and theres absolutely no reason they can't do it in football.
Unless of course its Scottish
The TMO (Television Match Official) in rugby is lauded as the example for football to follow.
We should be hearing the officials I agree Brim but we might get a bit angrier up here when they see it through the eyes of the hun especially when they say do you agree watp .

Collum never even gave a foul for Clarks tackle until the sevy cheat started rolling about

Unless of course its Scottish
The TMO (Television Match Official) in rugby is lauded as the example for football to follow.
We should be hearing the officials I agree Brim but we might get a bit angrier up here when they see it through the eyes of the hun especially when they say do you agree watp .
The only valid reason for refusing to broadcast discussions would be they have something to hide... the discussion about letting huns off, penalising Celtic or ensuring that no anti-Celtic comments get aired. They've had to be much more careful since Dallas's email got leaked.

I wonder if the conversations get recorded...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back