The Aftermath and the Conclusion

JamesPearson88

current xi
—————-
Turby, Walsh, Forrest are the only two survivors of the current XI for me. I really enjoyed Kenny at the start but he’s been woeful for a clutch of games now. Same with Laxalt who was a belter to begin with and has severely fizzled out and is going to back to his parent club. I fully appreciate that loan players are used as stop gaps but a coaching issue has to be addressed on these matters. There’s no way in Jeffrey that you can’t string two or three games together at Celtic level especially when you come the likes of AC Milan and Everton. Kenny had a really good spell with Schalke in Germany

next gen
————
I don’t know what the likes of Dembele, Soro and Connell & co have to do to get a game. I fully appreciate we’ll have a strong budget to spend given the fire sale of our current xi in the summer but there’s no need to spend a kings random across the park. There’s more than enough blood to bring in from our academy.

Goalkeeping
—————-
How on earth has Bain is our number one? When you had Hazard who when played, organised and commanded the box. A young player no doubt but he had the nuts and bolts to become a very good player over-time. should have been him and Barkas fighting for competition together.

My woes
—————
I’m really sick to the back teeth of the friends zone of McGregor and Brown. I’ll be so glad to see that partnership broke up. McGregor is never a defensive midfielder in a month of Sunday’s. He should be played further up the park.
Eddy is absolutely finished in terms of confidence. He’s just not wanting to play for us anymore. Everyone wants to be a Larsson but they don’t want to give Larsson performances when required.

Christie, Rogic should never merit a sub place. Happily let them go over the summer.

Bain (get rid) - decent mid table SPFL goalie.

Kenny (get rid) - woeful. Can't run, can't pass, can't cross or defend.

Welsh (keep, for future) - Sad that he's been flung into such a poor team. Even sadder that he's probably on a fraction of the wage of the guy he's had to cover.

Ajer (please god, keep)- Our best CB and attacking threat at the same time. What a box to box midfielder he would have made

Taylor (back up) - decent mid table LB. Kilmarnock was his level. Big heart and will fight for the club but just not enough.

Forrest (keep) - We've missed him. But needs players around him to perform.

Brown (legend) - "Perfect end to Brown's celtic career. Nutmegged from the buffaloo who then scored, ran ragged all match then subbed" was what my hun mate texted. To which I replied "he's haunted your dreams for 10 years mate so shhhhhh. Such a shame that it ended this way. He shouldn't have started.

Mcgregor (keep, play in correct position) - still quality in there. Played out of position. He would have been quality this season in Christies position.

Turnbull (keep) - think he will get better.

Eli (fuck off) - hate him. Didnt want him back for 2nd loan. Shitebag. All about himself. Doesn't care about the team. Attempts wee tricks and loses the ball then gives up.

Eddy (hes off, I'd keep) - our coaching and tactics have ruined him. Playing on the left of a striker is his best position. Never a loan striker. Could have been a celtic legend.

Barkas (get rid).... laxalt (get rid).... ralston (get rid of Kenny. Give him a chance).....Christie (fuck off).....Ajeti (get rid).....Mickey (give a chance).....Soro (should already be in starting 11).....
Bitton (decent back up)......Griffiths (keep)

Welsh (keep, for future) - Sad that he's been flung into such a poor team. Even sadder that he's probably on a fraction of the wage of the guy he's had to cover.

Ajer (please god, keep)- Our best CB and attacking threat at the same time. What a box to box midfielder he would have made

Taylor (back up) - decent mid table LB. Kilmarnock was his level. Big heart and will fight for the club but just not enough.

Brown (legend) - "Perfect end to Brown's celtic career. Nutmegged from the buffaloo who then scored, ran ragged all match then subbed" was what my hun mate texted. To which I replied "he's haunted your dreams for 10 years mate so shhhhhh. Such a shame that it ended this way. He shouldn't have started.

Mcgregor (keep, play in correct position) - still quality in there. Played out of position. He would have been quality this season in Christies position.

Eli (fuck off) - hate him. Didnt want him back for 2nd loan. Shitebag. All about himself. Doesn't care about the team. Attempts wee tricks and loses the ball then gives up.

Eddy (hes off, I'd keep) - our coaching and tactics have ruined him. Playing on the left of a striker is his best position. Never a loan striker. Could have been a celtic legend.

Barkas (get rid).... laxalt (get rid).... ralston (get rid of Kenny. Give him a chance).....Christie (fuck off).....Ajeti (get rid).....Mickey (give a chance).....Soro (should already be in starting 11).....
Agree with you dude. Imagine a Celtic side that played with natural wingers. A side that plays it wide instead of shrinking the park playing it “inside”. I really like MJ but he’s been severely mismanaged throughout the occasions he’s played in. Both by Brendan and Lennon. Kennedy’s biggest issue is he can’t think for himself. Team sheet is same every single week.

I think soro showed more in his sub appearance yesterday than brown has done all season. He should be playing as our defensive mid, mcgregor playing more advanced.
Ajer is never a CB, the way he ducked from the ball at the second goal showed him up as a shitebag. As shite as Duffy is, he would have put his head on that.
Kenny is fucking terrible, not much more to say about him other than how the fuck is he valued at £6m.
Taylor does try, he's just not very good.
Bain is shite, Hazard falps at crosses like a 7 year old girl. I just wonder what the fuck has happened to Barkas. An international keeper who had a great season at AEK the season before, celtic coaches get a hold of him and he canny get a game ahead of Bain. Shocking
We definitely have to appoint a manager this week to start sorting the team out.

I think soro showed more in his sub appearance yesterday than brown has done all season. He should be playing as our defensive mid, mcgregor playing more advanced.
Ajer is never a CB, the way he ducked from the ball at the second goal showed him up as a shitebag. As shite as Duffy is, he would have put his head on that.
Kenny is fucking terrible, not much more to say about him other than how the fuck is he valued at £6m.
Taylor does try, he's just not very good.
Bain is shite, Hazard falps at crosses like a 7 year old girl. I just wonder what the fuck has happened to Barkas. An international keeper who had a great season at AEK the season before, celtic coaches get a hold of him and he canny get a game ahead of Bain. Shocking
We definitely have to appoint a manager this week to start sorting the team out.
Lennon lambasting him for not adjusting to Scottish football didn’t do him the world of good. That’s an internal discussion and should never had been said live on air. Absolutely crushed him. Hazard has a couple of things I like. He’s exceptionally tall which is something you don’t see in modern day game. I think if you keep him as number 2 - Stevie Woods can mould him

Lennon lambasting him for not adjusting to Scottish football didn’t do him the world of good. That’s an internal discussion and should never had been said live on air. Absolutely crushed him. Hazard has a couple of things I like. He’s exceptionally tall which is something you don’t see in modern day game. I think if you keep him as number 2 - Stevie Woods can mould him
I think with a new manager and a decent defence Barkas will come good

Agree with 99% Lubo was nodding my head in agreement right up until the last player mentioned, he should have been shown the door last summer.

With 10 men we were still decent going forward had moi's rocket gone in who knows but our defense looked like they'd only met for the first time in the ibrox tunnel. Johnstone on for Eddy when Eddy needed a partner up front was a brain fart of a deciscision from JK and surely signals the end of Griffiths time in a Celtic jersey. Hes had more lives than a cat at Celtic. JK is Lennon in disguise. We didnt play to our strengths, again . This 1 striker routine has cost us long enough. Knew that we would have a man sent off broony and McGregor were chasing shadows. I dont think Eddy was as bad as others are making out but he was badly isolated . How we've lost 4-1 idk but the 10 men helped. Johnstone hasnt kicked a ba' for so long yet hes in front of Griffiths and ajetti to replace Eddy? That's truly awesome mismanagement or lack of managerial skills. Johnstone can only play in a winning free flowing Celtic side and has never offered anything when the chips are down. Hes had 2 years to eat his porridge and bulk up but still looks like one of the bhoys in the playground across the street at lunchtime. Sentimentality has no place in football and that was evidenced when Soro replaced Broony. Clusterf*k of a season made worse by the fact we havent turned up against them bar once. Pathetic, pityfull and wholly rank rotten. 👎

Agree with 99% Lubo was nodding my head in agreement right up until the last player mentioned, he should have been shown the door last summer.

I was in 2 minds about Griff. I hate his attitude. He has been gifted a talent and he constantly wastes it but I think he is and has been the best finisher at the club in years. And anyway, Celtic offer a player from every generation a job life. Some deserved like the Lisbon Lions and the likes of Danny McGrain and some not deserved like our current manager....so maybe Griff could be this generations winner of the "Job for Life" award.

For the life of me, i dont know why anyone wants to keep Barkas. He has not saved one shot on target for Celtic and appears to physically shrink when somebody shoots.
Is there something im not seeing? Celtic are too big a club for him and he cant handle it. [like a lot of others]

I think the team next season should be:

Barkas or a new keeper

New right back
New centre half
Julien (Welsh or Bitton standing in till his return)
New left back

Soro
McGregor
Turnbull

Forrest
New striker or Ajeti
Johnston or new winger

Subs: Hazard, Ajeti, Welsh, Bitton, Taylor, etc.

GTF: Eddie, Ajer, Christie, all the loans, Bain

That means we need to sign about eight or nine first-team-ready players.

People have likened this to a MON-rebuild but we only signed about four key players that summer (and already had a spine of Mjallby, Lambert, Petrov and Larsson - all internationals playing at their peak, all leaders of men. Who could we say that about now?) In terms of numbers and the quality needed, this is more like when WGS came in. Oh, for the quality of Boruc and Nakamura!

I agree with almost everything you’ve said.....except the please god keep ajar....I’m just not seeing it, he’s a fud, turning his back then ducking away from the shot, everyone’s blinded by ONE show pony dribble in the huns box, a-la- Christie shot ends up in row z, he thinks he’s better than he is, his international manager called him out for what he is and his agent last season was agitating for a move, get him tae feck and get a proper centre half in, one that can head a ball at set pieces (6’5” but jumps like he’s 5’6”) and is not a SHITEBAG when the shots come in....😡

For the life of me, i dont know why anyone wants to keep Barkas. He has not saved one shot on target for Celtic and appears to physically shrink when somebody shoots.
Is there something im not seeing? Celtic are too big a club for him and he cant handle it. [like a lot of others]
I think he was like everyone else who regressed under the mismangement of the coaching staff this season. There wasn't a single player you could say had a good season and Barkas was just one of many who looked to have zero confidence and even less of a fighting spirit.

We made a big mistake gettin rid of Gordon ...hes better than Bain and Barkas put together
All the loan players id send back to their parent clubs...thanks but no thanks
All the wantaways can get to fuck ...take what we can get for them and let them go ....each time they go out on the park their value comes down ..theyve been that fuckin bad.
Looking at some of the valuations on our players i think some fans are kidding themselves on.Some calling Christie a 15/20 million pound player ....never in his life man.
No disrespect James but Hazard is never a Celtic no 1 ..Bains not great but id rather him in there instead.
Id keep Turnbull,Soro,Ajer,Calmac,MJ,Henderson,Jullien,Forrest and i cant think of anyone else,thing is will the new guy get these players going again?We look short of confidence just now and need the mentality Rodgers brought to the club.

For almost all of my time as a Celtic supporter I've heard 'keeper after 'keeper telling us how difficult it is to play in goals for Celtic due to the fact that they're not in the game for long spells, which leads to a dip in concentration, Well, Barkas had plenty of opportunity to show his worth this season. A confidence thing ? Not too sure about that, some of the goals he lost should've been meat and drink to any keeper.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back