The Aftermath and the Conclusion

current xi
—————-
Turby, Walsh, Forrest are the only two survivors of the current XI for me. I really enjoyed Kenny at the start but he’s been woeful for a clutch of games now. Same with Laxalt who was a belter to begin with and has severely fizzled out and is going to back to his parent club. I fully appreciate that loan players are used as stop gaps but a coaching issue has to be addressed on these matters. There’s no way in Jeffrey that you can’t string two or three games together at Celtic level especially when you come the likes of AC Milan and Everton. Kenny had a really good spell with Schalke in Germany

next gen
————
I don’t know what the likes of Dembele, Soro and Connell & co have to do to get a game. I fully appreciate we’ll have a strong budget to spend given the fire sale of our current xi in the summer but there’s no need to spend a kings random across the park. There’s more than enough blood to bring in from our academy.

Goalkeeping
—————-
How on earth has Bain is our number one? When you had Hazard who when played, organised and commanded the box. A young player no doubt but he had the nuts and bolts to become a very good player over-time. should have been him and Barkas fighting for competition together.

My woes
—————
I’m really sick to the back teeth of the friends zone of McGregor and Brown. I’ll be so glad to see that partnership broke up. McGregor is never a defensive midfielder in a month of Sunday’s. He should be played further up the park.
Eddy is absolutely finished in terms of confidence. He’s just not wanting to play for us anymore. Everyone wants to be a Larsson but they don’t want to give Larsson performances when required.

Christie, Rogic should never merit a sub place. Happily let them go over the summer.
lots of opinions about who was shoite and why, but Iam thinking that a lot of what we bought were never good enuff to start with.
Ajeti,Taylor,Duffy,Kenny, Laxalt,Klimala and so on and so forth. This to me means that the recruitment policy ( keep the laughter to a minimum) was way below what I would have expected.
Was this because our CEO thought he could buy quality on the cheap or was Hammond just plain useless. Combination of both probably.
PPS....... I think we should give Bayo another go.

I don't think we'll need as many players as suggested, provided we get a good manager and coaching team in. When MON arrived he got the best out of a lot of previously written-off players, Petta springs to mind immediately. Same with Rodgers. I'm not suggesting we keep them but Laxalt and Kenny are clearly decent players. The only players who deserve roasting are the few, and I mean few, who chucked it at the start of the season. Worst thing was that they were mostly strikers or central midfielders.

I agree with almost everything you’ve said.....except the please god keep ajar....I’m just not seeing it, he’s a fud, turning his back then ducking away from the shot, everyone’s blinded by ONE show pony dribble in the huns box, a-la- Christie shot ends up in row z, he thinks he’s better than he is, his international manager called him out for what he is and his agent last season was agitating for a move, get him tae feck and get a proper centre half in, one that can head a ball at set pieces (6’5” but jumps like he’s 5’6”) and is not a SHITEBAG when the shots come in....😡
Hes a midfielder mate ...looked decent when he was at fullback ..never a centre half but

I don't think we'll need as many players as suggested, provided we get a good manager and coaching team in. When MON arrived he got the best out of a lot of previously written-off players, Petta springs to mind immediately. Same with Rodgers. I'm not suggesting we keep them but Laxalt and Kenny are clearly decent players. The only players who deserve roasting are the few, and I mean few, who chucked it at the start of the season. Worst thing was that they were mostly strikers or central midfielders.
The boy Kennys rotten ..never Celtic class

Does anybody remember a few years ago when we employed the guy from GAA a sports psychologist. Well sumbdy dig out his number an tell him to bring a few pals. Tell u wot scratch that. Let's just get a decent manager in place, but tell u what, he's got his work cut out I don't envy the poor sod.
Just hope if its Howe he realises just how big this club is and the huge job he has on his hands .Hope we dont go down the hun route of bringing up fannys from down south who think they ll come up here and piss it .

Just hope if its Howe he realises just how big this club is and the huge job he has on his hands .Hope we dont go down the hun route of bringing up fannys from down south who think they ll come up here and piss it .
Aye that's why we need a DoF as well. Let the manager concentrate on sorting out the players and the ones who actually want to put some effort in, then he can pass the rest on to the DoF to get rid of and replace. Cos we've got quite a few passengers at the moment.

See i dont understand why you would want Griff kept ..he d be one of the first id boot out the door .
Totally understand from where you are coming from TS. ButI still think he has potential with the right manager. I don't see us getting a lot better as striking options. Maybe one at the most, so I still would give him one final chance. Mad maybe, but - - -.

Style of play ,I understand keeping the ball just not the passive way we do it down the right since Kenny was brought in he would go forward rarely went past a player mostly took the safe option of playing it back to Welsh or whoever was available for the possession we have it doesn't reflect on attempts on goal

Does anybody remember a few years ago when we employed the guy from GAA a sports psychologist. Well sumbdy dig out his number an tell him to bring a few pals. Tell u wot scratch that. Let's just get a decent manager in place, but tell u what, he's got his work cut out I don't envy the poor sod.
I think he's been a spy...planted by the huns......It's since he arrived we turned pish....maybe putting something in the food

I think he's been a spy...planted by the huns......It's since he arrived we turned pish....maybe putting something in the food
Jim Mc Guinness. A Donegal legend. Left Celtic for China in 2017, then to America in 2018. Back home in the hills again. One thing for sure, he wouldn't tolerate the shirkers, hiders or gutless who pulled on the jersey this season.

I agree with almost everything you’ve said.....except the please god keep ajar....I’m just not seeing it, he’s a fud, turning his back then ducking away from the shot, everyone’s blinded by ONE show pony dribble in the huns box, a-la- Christie shot ends up in row z, he thinks he’s better than he is, his international manager called him out for what he is and his agent last season was agitating for a move, get him tae feck and get a proper centre half in, one that can head a ball at set pieces (6’5” but jumps like he’s 5’6”) and is not a SHITEBAG when the shots come in....😡

Thank fuck somebody else is seeing it!!!! He's never a CB, been saying that for the best part of 3 years now.

The amount of goals we concede due to his poor positioning and lack of defensive awareness is criminal. When he's not continuously getting caught flat footed in no man's land, where he neither closes down the attacker or closes down the space to snuff out the attack, he's getting caught out of position after one of his jaunts forward by no getting back quickly enough. And for a big guy he's woeful at defending set-pieces...always gets out-jumped, out-muscled and out-manoeuvred. Now we can add turning his back and ducking out the way of shots to the list!

He was also prone to making rash lunging challenges in and around the box early on but this is the one and only area where he seems to have learned something.

And yer spot on, all of it seems to fly under the radar because he makes one good solid challenge or a marauding run forward...which has been pissing me off no end!

Ajer could've been moulded into a good solid CM, strong in the challenge (without it leading to a penalty or foul on the edge of the box) with the ability to burst forward (without it leaving a gaping hole in our defence) but we kept going with BR's disastrous CB experiment, lost a potentially solid CM and gained a poor CB instead. 😕🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
need to fix the starting positions and shape of defence and midfield or every single player who gets fitted into that system will look truly shite

coincidence that no matter who we sign at full back starts good but the longer he trained in the system he gets confused and lacking ability

No its not a coincidence imo

its the wonky rank rotten shape of back 4 when cbs have ball

and the starting positions at start of an attack of our midfield and I include wingbacks in that midfield as well as inside forwards and wingers and Acm

they are all too disjointed and too far from the defence when we have the ball and are lost as to what to do when we dont have the ball

We need Centre mids who can defend and attack at right times

We need full backs to time runs forward better and be available for 20 yard pass from centre back in our own half

I"ts not the players who can play these positions

its our version of these positions that weaken the whole structure against a team with solid centre and good counter forwards

Most of our current squad need binned for poor attitude

But I suspect you fix the shape and plan and squad size and balance to suit a more robust system then the players will get their attitude fixed too

We need cms who can play centre mid

we need wide players who can cross and pass and a system that gets synergy over time.

the maverick gang ho , no plan, just attack needs binned cause it doesnt beat organised team very often

Members online

Latest posts

Back