The baw's burst !

Millsy

It has been mentioned a few times on other threads , particularly by Numbersman , that a pressure group called ''Fans without Scarves'' is seeking change in Scottish football , particularly in the corridors of power at Hampden .
The SFA in its present format is well past its sell by date , as most fans of all persuasions would readily agree - but trying to get them to change is like asking Alex McLeish to play Leigh Griffiths in a game that matters .

''Fans without Scarves'' has a number of really interesting articles posted on its website and has revolutionary ideas ( for Scotland anyway ) about how to bring about change and ensure that we never again have the likes of George Peat , Stewart Regan et al at the head of our game .
They also want the voices of club fans to be heard in the boardroom - and not just as a sop to a few contrary supporters who are becoming a pain .

I urge all supporters to at least have a look at their ideas . Just google Fans without Scarves .

This
It has been mentioned a few times on other threads , particularly by Numbersman , that a pressure group called ''Fans without Scarves'' is seeking change in Scottish football , particularly in the corridors of power at Hampden .
The SFA in its present format is well past its sell by date , as most fans of all persuasions would readily agree - but trying to get them to change is like asking Alex McLeish to play Leigh Griffiths in a game that matters .

''Fans without Scarves'' has a number of really interesting articles posted on its website and has revolutionary ideas ( for Scotland anyway ) about how to bring about change and ensure that we never again have the likes of George Peat , Stewart Regan et al at the head of our game .
They also want the voices of club fans to be heard in the boardroom - and not just as a sop to a few contrary supporters who are becoming a pain .

I urge all supporters to at least have a look at their ideas . Just google Fans without Scarves .
This sounds like a good idea. However, if it takes off, it will soon be populated with members of the funny-handshake-gang and the usual Proddie agenda will be forthcoming. Even Proddies without scarves hate Celtic. HH

This is Scotland - does not mean we can't do ''sensible and tolerant ''.

''Even Proddies without scarves hate Celtic '' is not how I see all opposition fans . Seems to be the kind of paranoia that we accuse Sevco of displaying .

The upsurge in sectarianism seems to be going hand in hand with the rise in racism and right wing fascist governments. I wonder what kind of world my grandchildren are going to inherit. Still, as long as they still support the Celtic eh?

Social media has certainly allowed those with extreme views to push them into the public view .
Sad intolerant people who have no other way of expressing themselves spew vitriol and hatred via the internet /Twitter etc... but , to me , that doesn't mean that things are as bad as in previous generations .

Yes , there are still pockets of anti-Catholicism , anti-semitism , anti-black etc... and , yes , the present furore over Brexit has let some nasty people with odious views express their views as if they were the norm - but they are not .
I don't believe the vast majority of people in this country are bigoted or sectarian or racist , I don't believe that the vast majority of Celtic supporters have these prejudices , nor those of Motherwell or Aberdeen ... We can't just dismiss them all as anti-Celtic and never attempt to join with them in an attempt to right the wrongs of Scottish football - starting with getting change at the SFA and the SPFL .
Sometimes we can be too close to a problem and fail to see that it is not as intractable as we first thought .

Just read this, but as you can probably guess I'm a fan of what they are trying to achieve and the quality of output on the articles etc. There only seems to be 2 or 3 a week but I'd been looking daily. I actually signed up for Twitter just because I could see what they were talking about on the wee thing at the bottom and it looked really interesting. It had links to articles by Henry McLeish, a weird conversation with Roger Mitchell about the Championship Manager game and this on it over the weekend.
FWS: Thing is Colin, not all the guys in the game are wrong’uns. Some are there trying to do good things. Unfortunately they don’t publish a manifesto
Bloke: Mention the names of the good guys And the hangers on then
FWS: The biggest problems aren’t so much the people as the way the game is set up. Sorry this is going to need a few tweets to say properly. If we start with the SFA though... removing Regan and getting Maxwell in isn’t going to solve all the problems. Him and everyone else have (1)
FWS: Mixed interests to represent. If you take Peter Lawwell for example. He holds a lot of sway, is CEO at Celtic and any Lots of Rangers fans would even tell you he runs the game. It’s nonsense because nobody fully can and that’s not necessarily a good thing. PL I know for a (2)
FWS: Fact is a Celtic fan through and through. Many Celtic fans don’t feel he represents them and what they care about though. And with good reason. PL is also a businessman and knows his job as CEO of Celtic is to provide value to the shareholders - biggest of them Dermot Desmond (3)
FWS: So when he acts in one of the roles he’s held in the SPFL or the SFA he’s supposed to act for the betterment of football as a whole, but for him and everyone else at the table there are a whole lot of vested interests there. Their day jobs. I suppose you could say there’s a (4)
FWS: Kind of balance achieved by having so many different vested interests at the table. The point is that even good people have to act in the best interests of the people paying them and therefore can’t really make tough calls that might prejudice their clubs position even when (5)
It is for the betterment of the game as a whole. Case in point the big 3 teams in Netherlands recently decided to share some of their european revenues with the smaller clubs to help them replace plastic pitches with grass. Could you see that happening in Scotland? So what I (6)
FWS: Am trying to say is that it’s much more important to change the way the game is set up than to focus on the people. All they are is vested interests of the big clubs and the countless small clubs that give the blazers power playing musical chairs to get some of their own (7)
FWS: Agenda through. To make a real difference we need fans to be properly represented in the governance structure. That means two things. First - A good amount of fan share ownership at club level with at least a board seat for the trust holding them. Second - A fans (8)
FWS: Representative body recognised properly as stakeholders within the SFA. Currently there are two prime candidates. The SD backed by the SFA and @scottishfsa who are not and that’s why they’d be my preference. I mean do you trust the SFA to know what fans really want? (9)
FWS: So to get back to your initial point about naming the good guys. Here is one - Henry McLeish, former first minister and only wants the good of Scottish football. He’s a director of @scottishfsa. Another is Paul Goodwin also of the same organisation. If you want to make a (10)
FWS: Easy difference for the betterment of the game go to the SFSA web site and join up for free. We might be banging the drum for change but they are the guys who will ultimately deliver.(11)

Then it finished with this one which Auldheid retweeted, but I enjoyed the whole thing.

In any case just trying to say that if you like a wee bit of banter with some insightful stuff about Scottish football and how it might be made better, its quite good value. There was someone on here before who actually pointed me that way in the first place but I can't remember where or who.

Oh I didn't post a link to this one before because it wasn't really Celtic related or insightful into the game, but it's actually my favourite thing I've read there. Maybe because I'm past 40 and prone to reminiscing about football and what it means to support your team. Its quite different, a story about a life loving football through the prism of the Israel vs Scotland game. https://fanswithoutscarves.org/2018/10/12/scottish-football-passion-hate-love-and-orange-string/

Back