The Best Recruitment Team in the World

I wish too pal but i think the reality is we'll be lucky to have one of them on a permanent basis. Like SP said Ellie is a strange one considering how good he fits with us and how bad it seems he fitted them so far. I think they will hold him considering his form with us.
As for the Wall i think there's a deal to be done.
Stevie, there are just some players that 'fit' into certain teams. I think Ellie is one of those lads that enjoys the big stage and also might need a bit of an arm around his shoulders and encouraged to play his own game.

There are a lot of clever players at Celtic and our movement is good, that opens up a whole new avenue for Ellie to play in and you'll know better than anyone, that for a forward - it's finding the spaces to play in that lets you be most effective.

The clubs he was at down south are all about 'the system' and sticking strictly to their roles. That boy needs freedom to express himself and he'll get that at Celtic.

VVD.... need I say more

It goes back a long way...Tommy Burns โ€ฆ...just missed oot on Ginola ...Wullie Wallace...goin back to the start. Theres lots more.... Dembeleโ€ฆ.and Big Eddy the next star....
It's something we have in place, a good youth system, there is a lot of good talent coming through. Ajax is a good example as they have shown the way. Celtic are streets ahead in Scottish football terms and are now and will in future reap the rewards of long term youth investment. Others look on and dream.

Stevie, there are just some players that 'fit' into certain teams. I think Ellie is one of those lads that enjoys the big stage and also might need a bit of an arm around his shoulders and encouraged to play his own game.

There are a lot of clever players at Celtic and our movement is good, that opens up a whole new avenue for Ellie to play in and you'll know better than anyone, that for a forward - it's finding the spaces to play in that lets you be most effective.

The clubs he was at down south are all about 'the system' and sticking strictly to their roles. That boy needs freedom to express himself and he'll get that at Celtic.
Totally get it. He seems to buzz off playing with a team with a certain freedom. I'd take him for 10mil and see it as money well spent but I'd also love to see the Wall stay also. The total cost may force our hand.

It's something we have in place, a good youth system, there is a lot of good talent coming through. Ajax is a good example as they have shown the way. Celtic are streets ahead in Scottish football terms and are now and will in future reap the rewards of long term youth investment. Others look on and dream.
Think of that wasted opportunity that mob had when they developed their 'world-class'training facility a full decade before we got our arse in gear.

With that resource at their disposal, they should have cornered the market in youth development and attracting young potential.

Now it looks like another white elephant because it doesn't appear to be functional in bringing their young players through. Even the ones who do step up, end up going south (figuratively and metaphorically), or signing for sides in Bundedliga Zwei

Just thinking about how hard it must seem to have that "real time" interaction for our guys Stateside. Must be frustrating sometimes but big hands๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹
Ach, it's no so bad, Stevie, especially considering that some of us are insomniacs or have to pish 5-times a night.

Gives us a chance to keep in touch with our intercontinental friends when we're trying to reach peak flow

Back