The Billy McNeill Champions Trophy

B

bertie auld

Do you think Celtic could from next season at summer,do a Champions Trophy in honour of Billy Mcneill,Say Champions from Thailand,South Africa,Europe United Ireland and England and Invited guests.
All proceeds to dementia Scotland Celtic Foundation and the invited teams charity of choice.We have to do something for Cesar it's the least he deserves what do think ?

I think because the man is so revered respected and truly held in the highest of Esteem throughout the world ,clubs would like to honour respect and dignify Billy's honour by playing a competitive game of football all in the good name of Billy Mcneill for charities and making new friends from afar and getting inter milan benfica Milan Barcelona old foes from the years gone by.

I think because the man is so revered respected and truly held in the highest of Esteem throughout the world ,clubs would like to honour respect and dignify Billy's honour by playing a competitive game of football all in the good name of Billy Mcneill for charities and making new friends from afar and getting inter milan benfica Milan Barcelona old foes from the years gone by.

Just no Porto eh? :p

Just no Porto eh? :p

Benfica I'm sure could represent Pietugal I'm certain they'd be up for it As long as no coin tossing to decide a winner was involved

Oh and I don't thing an invitation should be extended to Racing Club There's already enough aggro at games we pyros pitch invasions Buckie bottles being tossed and players getting assaulted

In saying that if you remove Scott Brown and SEVCO players from the equation it doesn't look as bad as it might have

HH?

Only issue is that if UEFA or FIFA weren't getting their pound of flesh they would probably prevent it somehow.
Would be amazing though. Footballers old and young would get well behind it due Cesar's dementia and the research that's going into the effects of heading the ball for years have on the players. Raising money for that kind of research would go a long way to preventing today's players of having to suffer what our captain and his family had to suffer. ???

Do you think Celtic could from next season at summer,do a Champions Trophy in honour of Billy Mcneill,Say Champions from Thailand,South Africa,Europe United Ireland and England and Invited guests.
All proceeds to dementia Scotland Celtic Foundation and the invited teams charity of choice.We have to do something for Cesar it's the least he deserves what do think ?
Bertie. This is a brilliant idea. A weekend tournament pre-season. 2 games Saturday and 2 games Sunday. The format we played in at the Arsenal tournament was good. You just bought a day ticket got 2 games for the price of the ticket. Brilliant way to remember Cesar and great for kids to get into the games too. Brilliant Bertie!!
Hope you don't mind but I'm writing an article for The Celtic Star site and I want to get your idea out there, and hope it's liked and maybe catches on. I'll send once it's done if they put it up on the site. It's a genius idea and a great way of remembering Cesar for generations to come. Love it

Last edited:
Respect to mr john grieg . A true gentleman like Mr billy mcneill. If only all were alike .

I sadly miss him already but Billy will never walk alone .
I met him quite a few times in my younger years over 40 years ago . And I still to this day see a giant looking down at me with the biggest smile . And those giant hands rifling my hair . Keep playing wee man and always play the Celtic way . I will never forget him he.s an immortal a God. And God bless him . Hail hail .
Inter . Feyenoord. Leeds utd. For me in Billy.s cup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back