The Blame Game

We live in changed times. These days, you can't work in any capacity with children or vulnerable adults without having police checks done as part of the DBS. It's hardly an ironclad system but it is one way that schools and organisations fulfill their duty of care.

When these heinous crimes took place, no such system existed.

The main point I took from the OP is that it is unrealistic and cynical to expect Celtic to be wholly responsible for the actions of a man and organisation with whom they were only nominally associated.

It's also worth comparing this story with similar ones in England. There have been several high profile cases of paedophiles using their position at certain clubs to abuse vulnerable young men, but not once have I heard it used to justify any allegations that Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea etc. are either to blame or, worse, somehow inherently rotten.

Only in Scotland could victims' misery be used for point scoring or to create another brain dead sound byte.

You know, i wasn’t very knowledgeable in regards to the boys club being a seperate entity back then.

Hands up.

A good friend explained it to me saying the clubs couldn’t insure the youngsters.

I had been of the opinion that they were one and the same for why could it be different.

But it was different due to Celtic not owning the boys club.

In essence you would have to put it into the context of a feeder pub or an outsourcer.

I am deeply saddenend at the horror the children were subjected to by jim torbett and i don’t know if anyone knew what i would think is i don’t know a man nor a women thst could know and do nothing so i find that most unlikely.

I am very proud that Celtic have been helping these men find their justice and know they will continue in their endeavours to do so.

I am sickenend by individuals like torbett and i would never turn the other cheek.

The children, now men, are to be applauded on their bravery and courage in taking the steps to smyte that demon and i truly wish them and their families love peace and contentment in their lives ahead.

By shining a light they have and will continue to help other children even in ways they cannot think off and i say thats pretty heroic.

I do believe wholeheartedly that the children should be compensated by the person responsible and the govts compensation board as is the procedure these days.

If it is found that other individuals be brought to task bring them too task.

Celtic were no different in set up to any other team back then in not owning a boys club. It had been long since known that celtic could afford the bills they had and no more then.

Thoughts with the survivors.

We live in changed times. These days, you can't work in any capacity with children or vulnerable adults without having police checks done as part of the DBS. It's hardly an ironclad system but it is one way that schools and organisations fulfill their duty of care.

When these heinous crimes took place, no such system existed.

The main point I took from the OP is that it is unrealistic and cynical to expect Celtic to be wholly responsible for the actions of a man and organisation with whom they were only nominally associated.

It's also worth comparing this story with similar ones in England. There have been several high profile cases of paedophiles using their position at certain clubs to abuse vulnerable young men, but not once have I heard it used to justify any allegations that Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea etc. are either to blame or, worse, somehow inherently rotten.

Only in Scotland could victims' misery be used for point scoring or to create another brain dead sound byte.

Larry for every inch in the media they put our clubs name front and centre in every and i mean every paragraph.

The peepul are pointscoring off misery and no doubt the same peepul will be ragin at a perfectly observed minutes silence in memory of the fallen in the great wars.

You can’t put the kettle on for sickness eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, i wasn’t very knowledgeable in regards to the boys club being a seperate entity back then.

Hands up.

A good friend explained it to me saying the clubs couldn’t insure the youngsters.

I had been of the opinion that they were one and the same for why could it be different.

But it was different due to Celtic not owning the boys club.

In essence you would have to put it into the context of a feeder pub or an outsourcer.

I am deeply saddenend at the horror the children were subjected to by jim torbett and i don’t know if anyone knew what i would think is i don’t know a man nor a women thst could know and do nothing so i find that most unlikely.

I am very proud that Celtic have been helping these men find their justice and know they will continue in their endeavours to do so.

I am sickenend by individuals like torbett and i would never turn the other cheek.

The children, now men, are to be applauded on their bravery and courage in taking the steps to smyte that demon and i truly wish them and their families love peace and contentment in their lives ahead.

By shining a light they have and will continue to help other children even in ways they cannot think off and i say thats pretty heroic.

I do believe wholeheartedly that the children should be compensated by the person responsible and the govts compensation board as is the procedure these days.

If it is found that other individuals be brought to task bring them too task.

Celtic were no different in set up to any other team back then in not owning a boys club. It had been long since known that celtic could afford the bills they had and no more then.

Thoughts with the survivors.
If you haven't already Maria, you should read Pat Anderson's blog from yesterday. His opening paragraphs provide a rather satirical though understandable take on this:
https://paddyontherailway.wordpress.com/2018/11/10/the-fortune-cookie/

If you haven't already Maria, you should read Pat Anderson's blog from yesterday. His opening paragraphs provide a rather satirical though understandable take on this:
https://paddyontherailway.wordpress.com/2018/11/10/the-fortune-cookie/

Yeah my good friend sent me that which is why i have a more informed outlook on it.

Thanks a lot OSE pal, seems great minds think alike ???

I am happy to change my mind when i’ve clearly got the wrong end of the stick.

HH pal ☘️

There are some good points there. It feels sad that Celtic should have to defend themselves in this way but the club has so many cynical enemies.

100% Larry, your always spot on the money for me pal.

HH ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back